rllmuk

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Nothing now but he's talking about issuing refunds.  With Sky pulling the license its pretty much over for the hardware but the accounts showed over £400K when Levy posted them recently so in theory that's how much cash there is to refund.

Where is the cash?  It's not in the bank account.  I don't think there's any money.

I think it's a matter of making Levy and Martin directly liable then going after their houses.

18 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Where is the cash?  It's not in the bank account.  I don't think there's any money.

I think it's a matter of making Levy and Martin directly liable then going after their houses.

We all know its gone from the leaks but officially its still there which I think makes Levy legally liable to pay it out of his own pocket or be investigated for theft. Which can only happen if he's removed and the accounts are opened up.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

We all know its gone from the leaks but officially its still there which I think makes Levy legally liable to pay it out of his own pocket or be investigated for theft. Which can only happen if he's removed and the accounts are opened up.

because of the filed accounts for RCL showing £400,000 in the bank?

"oh what a tangled web we weave..."

Read the posts on the "The ZX Vega Plus Backers Collective Legal Action Group" Facebook group by the guys tracking and analysing Vega+ units out in the wild.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1839514596266166/permalink/2096962073854749/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1839514596266166/permalink/2114070388810584/

About 90 people have posted on social media about getting one, Over 50 posted their serial number.  About 20 were sold on ebay. Of course no where near everyone is going to post about getting one , nor would they all be picked up. So the actual number is higher.

Also, the distribution of serial #'s range to the low 200's which matches RCL's quote that they sent out the first batch of 200 (towards 400) plus the few they earlier sent to the faithfull.  

The analyses these guys above did based on WW2 analysis tools points to there being a little over over 200.  

• Upvote 2
On 20/08/2018 at 10:45, JPickford said:

Schrodinger's cash, it's both in the bank and not in the bank.

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, InUpDown said:

their retro.business site now only sells the (non-existant) book, all the hardware has gone.

They didn't however fix that both the Twitter and Facebook links point to deleted accounts.

I don't think we'll ever hear anything official from them again.

On 20/08/2018 at 22:08, InUpDown said:

and his hardcore pawn, suzy

and his czech mate, janko.

(sorry)

Please, don't insult Czechs, they don't have anything with Janko! :D 
He came from Croatia, still has Croatian citizenship (his mother is Croatian, of Bavarian heritage. Father is Bosnian, of... well just that). 

Janko's "success story" is beyond belief:

His father, Zdravko Mrsic, was one of few main in charge when Croatia was born (1990-91). As a member of HDZ party ("Croatian Democratic Union"), close to the president Franjo Tuđman, he became 1st Minister of Foreign Affairs. Right after that, he becomes at the head of special new-born government institution: "Croatian Agency for Restructuring". This "restructuring" is well known as a mass-robbery of more then 3000 companies and institutions, covered by war that was all around at that time. In short, mission of Agency was to enable and provide transition of then state-owned enterprises and companies to new private owners.
When process ended, Agency's been dismissed, but most of the companies just vanished :D , real estate & money is gone. Billions.
Actually, Croatia was never recovered after that privatization process. But still today, nobody was prosecuted for real afaik.

But, Mrsic family become nouveau riche, actually they bought castle (!) in Sveti Križ Začretje (Croatia), and rewrite their own family history in obscure Orwellian manner.   

Today, Janko's mother claims that they got cash for the castle because - Janko sold so many ZX Spectrum games of his own, when he was only 16, so that was easy-peasy for them. Other version is that he sold only ONE game, but that was obviously enough for everything. Her 3rd public version where money came from is: "Janko sold his succesful company that he was started when he was at high school".

Actually, Mrsic family bought that castle to make new mega-businesses with government, some kind of "technology park". But it was too risky because of missing billions and arrestings that started after 2004, so they gave up. You know, Sinclair C5 kinds of things.

One of the most funny things is that Mirna Flögel "doesn't remember how much they pay" for castle, because "she has selective memory" and that's "out of her interest".
(But she was remembering everything else, of course)

Put this in Google translate, make some popcorn and enjoy. When George Orwell meets Monty Python:
https://www.story.hr/storybook/doznali-smo-kako-danas-izgleda-zivot-u-dvorcu-336649
https://www.express.hr/life/sve-tajne-plemicke-kurije-iza-cijih-se-zidina-skriva-neprocjenjivo-blago-425
https://www.24sata.hr/lifestyle/ove-obitelji-svoj-topli-dom-su-pronasle-u-zidinama-dvoraca-369858

Btw, Zdravko Mrsic is not even born Croatian, he is a Bosnian. Well, not today, not anymore: now he is Sir Mrsic-Flögel from Croatia (funny thing is that his wife is Flögel-Mršić, but who cares for order of last name when you're "noble" enough). So posh.
Now you know the real caliber of RCL crew. IMHO, Sir Janko is just a good apprentice of Sir Clive. Nothing w/o government support, all in the name of heritage & legacy. And that's priceless, as always. At least, Janko is not a member of pedophilian, sexy-robot etc "high class secret clubs" (afaik).

• Upvote 5
7 hours ago, jackfrost71 said:

Latest RCL update points to where you can get the FUSE code. Someone did an analysis of it  and it seems to include all the RCL Vega+ changes as well

Here is the analyses done by Philip Kendall:  

"Someone" being Philip Kendall being the actual author of Fuse.

I found relatively easy solution for salvation of Vega+ project, refunding of remaining backers and so on.

Janko Mrsic-Floegel, which is deeply involved to ZX Vega+ project, is a proven genius of creating game bestsellers for ZX (as he make a fortune on that, according to proven facts of his hagiography).

As direct inherior of IPs of masterpieces like "Jesus", "People of Jesus" and "Privatization in Croatia"... 

isus.jpg.abed62917a1b55d36f05e7deb215035b.jpg1526422128_isusoviljudi.jpg.ede79c2d0d84bc787932faa300d16bd2.jpg

"CORRUPTION AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: THE CASE OF CROATIA" (pdf, page 27)
"LEVEL AND EFFECTS OF PRIVATIZATION IN CROATIA"
"SWOT analysis & privatization in Croatia"

...now all he needs is to spare tiny part of his undoubtable talent to produce another computer game megahit.

Working title could be

"Castle Master III: Retro Tycoons".

Castle Master III: Retro Tycoons

The goal of the game is privatization of world. But not whole world, just World Of Spectrum (...for beginning; sequels could include worlds of Psion, Elan and many more).
Mr. Fogarty could be expert advisor for plot story. He mastered exploiting of IPs (in both meanings).
Inherent logic of story should be given to Dr. Levy and could include substories, twists like great train robbery, love and sex with robots, chopping cocks etc.
And don't forget Suzy Martin's capabilities, she is a master producer of deranged augmented reality.

Rumours are that crew already works on Freescape, after studying & playing (The Quest of) Millionaire.
Freescape engine (3D Construction Kit aka Virtual Reality Studio) run on many platforms, so same game could run on TheC64 Mini too and even unholy Mr. Andrews should aprecciate it for sure. In the name of redemption of his own unbeliefs.

All In the Name of Jesus&Yahweh, of course; ...to spread the Holly Word.
Salvation!
Now, let's start another IGG project.
https://youtu.be/RTrYE4a1BmE

• Upvote 1

yeah they were fairly sluggish. it's never occurred to me to play them speeded up in emulation, might try that later

10 hours ago, SeanR said:

driller, darkside, total eclipse, and castle master

off the top of my head.

just looked on wos archive and Total Eclipse 2:Sphinx Jinx was the one I played the most, I think.

George Bum has announced that he has a Vega+ and will be releasing a break down video giving his opinion. It's not really a spoiler to reveal that, having spent some time with it, he describes it as unplayable.

• Upvote 1

earlier I played castle master 2:the crypt at 200% speed and it still felt a little slow but the atmosphere quite good and I got into it 

back on topic, I'd love a sneak peek at 'The Making Of The Vega+' which they're still selling for £14.99 (so it definitely exists..errmm...). all those "tall tales" they'll be debunking...