SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

12 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Yes a few but it takes time to happen

in that case I wonder how many seperate cases will have to be assessed before someone steps in and just orders them to refund all backers...how stupid would 1000+ seperate hearings be?

also will be interesting to see if any get a decision go against them, and no refund ordered? can't see that happening but you never know I guess - but I would've thought they were all in the same boat.

I might not be remembering this right but didn't the judge say something about this case being a special one - that there was something specific - that meant others couldn't use or cite this one in their own case? 

5 hours ago, Goose said:

I might not be remembering this right but didn't the judge say something about this case being a special one - that there was something specific - that meant others couldn't use or cite this one in their own case? 

the wording of the confirmation said "order", rather than "pledge"?

maybe that means that backers of the IGG campaign don't qualify, but anyone who ordered via the website does?

also, they charged for shipping in IGG, so there's that maybe to try and use against them, plus the infamous wording of the campaign itself.

ah wasn't there something else about that particular backer also being a backer of the original Vega, and RCL emailed them before the Vega+ campaign started saying they should back it as well...

which ever way you look at it, RCL must look culpable in the eyes of any reasonable person. (and you'd hope the court system has a few of those)

It’s all gone quiet again. Actually, it’s obvious they are hard at work getting the Vega ready for dispatch

yep

that must be it....

3 hours ago, Bluejam said:

It’s all gone quiet again. Actually, it’s obvious they are hard at work getting the Vega ready for dispatch

yep

that must be it....

They are waiting now for april the 1st for the ultimate troll :P

"We at RCL have to admit that we messed up, this was a disaster, you'll all be getting your money back in the next 24 hours - April fool!"

whoever ran that account definitely went in hard. maybe a bit too much... but if their apparent dirt on levy has any substance then wowzers

I see that one of the backers has had their IGG account suspended, yet when they ask IGG why the response doesn't give any details whatsoever.

People will be avoiding IGG like the plague following the whole Vega + saga. I can't remember if this was mentioned elsewhere in the thread or not (it's massive), but Chris Wilkins was going to finance his next retro project through IGG but there was so much backlash that he moved it to Kickstarter.

i certainly won't be backing any IGG hosted projects in the future.

1 hour ago, roberthazelby said:

I see that one of the backers has had their IGG account suspended, yet when they ask IGG why the response doesn't give any details whatsoever.

People will be avoiding IGG like the plague following the whole Vega + saga. I can't remember if this was mentioned elsewhere in the thread or not (it's massive), but Chris Wilkins was going to finance his next retro project through IGG but there was so much backlash that he moved it to Kickstarter.

i certainly won't be backing any IGG hosted projects in the future.

I think it's rather limited at the moment. People just don't know beyond a small pocket of the scene, it needs reporting on a regular basis to people beyond the Spectrum lot.

Amazing scenes

Now presumably (as is the way with RCL) we will now see loads of updates in a couple of days then silence until the next media report appears...

"Hello. we're still here and we're not going anywhere. your vega+ is real. we have the details of every human being who has ever sinned (more on that later). p.s. don't believe anything you read, anywhere. brb..."

7 weeks to deliver the Vega + into backers hands.  I guess the question is, if they don't deliver, will they tyr and say it's really close and try and get IGG to hold off getting the debt collector on them

maybe they'll try and deliever however many devices they can manage, with their big boys toys, and their new manufacturing partner, and then claim the rest are coming.

59 minutes ago, SeanR said:

maybe they'll try and deliever however many devices they can manage, with their big boys toys, and their new manufacturing partner, and then claim the rest are coming.

Seems most likely. I can't see the point of them holding out even more. Just shove some crap at a few backers, say "we've delivered" then vanish.

The guy who took RCL to court and won (which was followed RCLs subsequent appeal that was thrown out) has got his money back plus costs from RCL.

oh, someone challenged one of the people on the highly censored RCL Facebook page as to why they are so pro RCL.

this is their response. Quoted for wrongness (nicked from the other RCL Facebook group)

67231AF3-BC76-4DE6-A702-D4BF3E593B1C.jpeg

• Upvote 1