SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

24 minutes ago, InUpDown said:

tbh it's one of my fav speccy games too (probably in my top 10) , and I didn't catch that typo... oops.

just remembered something else...more persons of interest: Oliver Twins. what's their involvement here, they seem totally pro-vega+ from what I've seen?

the thing is, RCL said they attended the infamous 'launch party' on Oct 20th 2016... on 21st Oct they posted:

I was already suspect about the campaign then then, and remember looking at Oliver Twins twitter page at the time. not only do they mention nothing anout attending the vega+ launch party, but from the 19th to the 21st Oct '16 they were apparently "very busy" attending some academy award ceremony in Wawrickshire or something, and posting pics/updates of that... it's still there to see on their twitter page but I don't know how to embed twitter stuff here.

just thought that was odd...

RCL highjacked the Dizzy 30th event (edit: which was the 8th of April 2017) and put Vega's in the hands of devs, apparently.

see: http://retro-computers.co.uk/blog/q2-2017/

20170408_lee_with_bag_at_dizzy_30th_even

and also, I wonder if they regret this tweet

and this

DQ3EH7DWsAAgYTG.jpg

Edited by SeanR

Just now, SeanR said:

they're fucking idiots

how does something from 2015/16 stop them from producing the ZX Vega + in the two years they've had the money?

They clutching at straws in the hope they can prove to IGG that they couldn't produce the device because of the back ground problems. Won't wash though, that's still half a million that's missing and the only financial evidence of money moving according to the statements are off to their own bank accounts.

literally none of that explains why they made announcements for multiple delivery dates that were then missed.

Vega+ Shipping Dates

End of September 2016

October 2016

In time for Xmas 2016

February 2017

A "few weeks" from March 10th 2017

Summer 2017

8 weeks from August 9th (October 4th, 2017)

Mid October 2017

if the events of 2015/16 were to blame for non-delivery to date, why was it previously promised on EIGHT seperate occasions?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, maryliddon said:

As an aside I absolutely fucking hate the modern day retro scene.

It's rife with untrue anecdotes packaged up in shit kickstarters told by bit part players who in a crazy twist are now center stage.

We're living in some bizarre alternate reality where those Dizzy games are actually good.

It's like the worst ever version of The Man In The High Castle.

I'm not singling anyone out here, and some efforts are definitely better than others, generally I'm getting a bit tired of the commodification of retro, having our gaming past packaged up and sold back to us, both figuratively and literally. A well-researched book is fine, but projects like the Vega+ is the ultimate piss-take, riding on a wave of nostalgia, creating nothing, and tarnishing future retro projects. Dizzy was, like most 8-bit games, okay at the time but frustrating to play today. What it had going for it was charm and high production values. Ultimately it wasn't any better than similar games at the time, just higher profile. Again our memories of that period are repackaged, willingly or not we swallow it.

• Upvote 2

RCL are REALLY fucking idiots. I can't emphasis this enough.

Have a look at these two images from an update on their facebook page

(yeah, the one I'm blocked from posting on)

uwantus2cthis.jpg.3356b432ab8ea5eb734c887a09753570.jpg

andthisone.jpg.63b86fb82f408e293b27715a56696d10.jpg

RCL posted quite compelling counter-arguments to their own claims that Chris Smith and Paul Andrews are to blame, on their facebook page...

so RCL say the reason for this stack of updates is because "A lot of people asked for this and so on balance we decided to finally share this information"

hmm yeah, definitely, judging by these 20 different backers' responses today:

your backers won’t be that interested in your disputes with others. 

i don’t give a damn about your quarrels. It’s your business, not mine.

Why waste your time and (our) money with updates that are effectively just moaning about the past?

I don’t care about the arguments I never have. I just want the Vega plus 

Don’t feed me more crap with useless email updates. Just deliver 

What a ridiculous set of updates. I honestly don’t care 

an update regarding any dispute is not the update we require

You are not giving us the information we want! 

why post about a problem that occured 2 years ago. Why not update us with the current situation?

your internal management and shareholder relationships are not our problem, nor really any of our business.

This is the sort of useless update I would expect from RCL. Us backers do not care! 

This tells us nothing that couldn’t have been sorted out two years.More B.S.

Congratulations RCL for another non update. 

who gives a flying whatever about your playground squabbling, this shows us nothing

so yet again more BS and nothing that actually tells us about the product we paid for. Who cares that you couldn’t agree to work together. 

you are skirting round the things your customers want to hear – production updates, games lists, delivery schedules etc. 

I’d rather you focussed on delivery rather than explaining what has transpired between directors, all of which seems to be rather childish

can’t you leave this for the book? It just seems like you want to fan the flames on your own burning embers

NOBODY GIVES A HOOT ABOUT YOUR DIVORCE ISSUES. WHY AIR YOUR DIRTY WASHING IN PUBLIC

I’m not interested in the internal politics of RCL, I just want my Vega+. 

lol!

edit - 32 different backers have now posted on IGG saying how pointless they thought today's updates were.

If RCL put as much effort into providing evidence of the Vega+ coming, or even just delivering the thing, as they do detailing the wrangling, the thing would have been there ages ago.

I made a few (not at all abusive) points on the official page and was banned from posting within minutes (and my comments deleted)

if only they were as quick to update backers or to give refunds...

Could be, here’s one ‘he made earlier’

nope, Ive no idea what he’s talking about

For people who don’t know, I believe Jan was mentioned in the recent court documents as employed by RCL as some sort of investigative journo.

5C62883F-CEE1-45C4-B4DF-E635BD8CC83A.jpeg

cutting edge sex doll? sounds painful...

btw I now make that over 50 different backers who have posted on IGG since yesterday voicing their displeasure at the 'update'

I don't think there's a conflict of interests here but it's pretty clear there was originally an expectation on both sides that this would be an RCL product.

It's absolutely the right decision to dump Levy but from those emails the claim that RCL wasn't set up to do this kind of work is weak.

I get the feeling Paul feels that's central to defending against a court based COI claim but that'd be a weak defense IMHO.

Assuming the posted excerpts are correct and all.

Makes no sense does it.  Don't like someone developing a handheld computer/console in another company . Claim it's a conflict of interest.
So he is pushed out and replaced by someone who later launches his own handheld computer via his own company (Gemini PDA)

Sense it makes not

more weirdness in IGG comments...RCL are telling backer 'mrcoops' that they've contacted him, but that he has "declined" his refund. -  he flatly denies this.

any response on twitter yet from O'Dreary?

On 2/16/2018 at 21:14, InUpDown said:

more weirdness in IGG comments...RCL are telling backer 'mrcoops' that they've contacted him, but that he has "declined" his refund. -  he flatly denies this.

any response on twitter yet from O'Dreary?

Why would someone decline a refund that presumably that person requested?  Makes no sense at all!

We could do better. Or worse! You'd only need a few Premiere (or FinalCut if you prefer) transitions and filters, some stock imagery of injection moulding and a bit of royalty-free hip-hop...20-30 minutes of effort?

What the hell is that meant to be? Is this meant to be a video of them making a Vega+? 

How about just fucking show the Vega+ being made then? Here's the pieces, here's the finished product. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Goose said:

What the hell is that meant to be? Is this meant to be a video of them making a Vega+? 

How about just fucking show the Vega+ being made then? Here's the pieces, here's the finished product. 

Yeah, it's not rocket science is it?