SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

its amazing that they have time to respond negatively about other successful products. 

I hope to pick one up (the c64 thingy) from the high street next month - it looks great!

2 hours ago, ulala said:

its amazing that they have time to respond negatively about other successful products. 

I hope to pick one up (the c64 thingy) from the high street next month - it looks great!

they double-down on the stupid!

doubledown.JPG.53e1d6835e9db362eed70aa0cbc886b3.JPG

"about to ship", same as the Vega+ since sept '16 then!

just had a look, they seem to be more on the ball than RCL. but is that hard?

this backer comment from 1 day ago though..

Generally speaking this campaign has been severely lacking in updates and information. Keyboards layouts still arent published and i reckon most will see theirs when they get their units. Basically no information is known regarding the linux part of things. Same goes for delivery estimates, they are way over given timetables and if some of the below comments are to be trusted it will be another 2 months for most people. Also, video and photos were promised today…

tbh I've never been tempted by crowdfunding and don't think I ever will be...

I have been loosely following the Gemini PDA , and to be fair it has done well.  Most campaigns are late and they have communictaed regularly (not sure what that guy was on about).
I think they will end up being 3 months late, and compared to most crowdfunding campaigns, thats a huge success - especially since it's not a simple project

fair enough...obviously it was never the lateness that vega+ backers were angry about, it was rcl's lack of communication and attitude.

btw I like how RCL say their email gets spammed with 10K troll emails a day (!) whenever they post an update, yet they also keep on pointing they are "overwhelmed" with positive emails thanking them... must have literally the busiest inbox in the world!

29 minutes ago, jackfrost71 said:

RCL really shot themselves in the foot by not communicating regularly and honestly. 

And forcing out the people who had any skills related to making this thing

7 hours ago, jackfrost71 said:

RCL really shot themselves in the foot by not communicating regularly and honestly  lying constantly whilst taking half a million pounds of customer money and offering absolutely nothing but a load of horseshit stories and paranoid fantasies in return.

just seen update on retro-computers site about lee fogarty now piping up to slam RCL for all their incompetence and suggesting he should take over the project.

does he not realise everyone knows he's a liar, and was telling everyone how GREAT the vega+ was going to be, well into May last year and beyond - then when he suddenly went rogue he claimed he played a vega+ in APRIL and knew the project was doomed cause it was so crap.

all his WoS posts about it are archived. he is a liar. the end.

8 hours ago, InUpDown said:

just seen update on retro-computers site about lee fogarty now piping up to slam RCL for all their incompetence and suggesting he should take over the project.

does he not realise everyone knows he's a liar, and was telling everyone how GREAT the vega+ was going to be, well into May last year and beyond - then when he suddenly went rogue he claimed he played a vega+ in APRIL and knew the project was doomed cause it was so crap.

all his WoS posts about it are archived. he is a liar. the end.

Yeah but he has no intention of doing any of that, just makes him out to be the victim to others in his mind.

21 hours ago, InUpDown said:

btw I like how RCL say their email gets spammed with 10K troll emails a day (!) whenever they post an update, yet they also keep on pointing they are "overwhelmed" with positive emails thanking them... must have literally the busiest inbox in the world!

This is actually a very good point.

Basically, they are talking shite....

....again

Some of the comments on the RCL website from so called backers are quite suspicious as well. 

2 minutes ago, Bluejam said:

This is actually a very good point.

Basically, they are talking shite....

....again

Some of the comments on the RCL website from so called backers are quite suspicious as well. 

RCL have a website?

Zx ‘Vaguer’

AMIRITE???!!!

Oh, on Indiegogo, they replied to someone’s question by posting another persons refund request.

picard.gif

4B90B235-8C9D-4DA5-ABF5-5D2B2A339715.jpeg

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bluejam said:

Oh, on Indiegogo, they replied to someone’s question by posting another persons refund request

indeed

27972780_10156152878063288_2564654435614

3 hours ago, Bluejam said:

Zx ‘Vaguer’

AMIRITE???!!!

arf.

and I guess it must've been done, but I haven't seen a single 'Suzanne Vega' joke anywhere since this all began... highly disappointing if not.

had to be done!

- reminds me, wasn't Dermot O'Leary bragging about having been given his own personal vega+, ages ago? wonder what happened with that.

6 minutes ago, InUpDown said:

had to be done!

- reminds me, wasn't Dermot O'Leary bragging about having been given his own personal vega+, ages ago? wonder what happened with that.

vega, not vega+, surely?

oh wait, he was at the launch party:

so who knows? I'll ask him!

according to RCL he was. from the retro-computers.com daily blog page:

We have a few of our brand new consoles with some specially chosen celebrities, not least the very lovely Dermot O'Leary who was a huge fan of the original Spectrum, and we're hoping he likes his new one (with his name on) just as much.

interesting to see if he remembers?!

edit - sorry didn't see you just found that post as well...

Oh, as for Lord Arse, he argued until blue in the face that the Vega he played was the final FINAL production model in Jan 2017. People told him it was still a prototype but he wasn’t having it.

he has refused to say anything about it since apart from saying he has ‘no idea’ what’s happening

hmmmm.

oh, RCL appear to be encouraging people to contact them via gmail (for refunds presumably). They are now saying they are being spammed by the very people they are asking to email them.

What a fucking company

tbh it's one of my fav speccy games too (probably in my top 10) , and I didn't catch that typo... oops.

just remembered something else...more persons of interest: Oliver Twins. what's their involvement here, they seem totally pro-vega+ from what I've seen?

the thing is, RCL said they attended the infamous 'launch party' on Oct 20th 2016... on 21st Oct they posted:

Yesterday at our launch event, we were delighted to have some of the most experienced members of the Spectrum community as our guests. Amongst these were the Oliver twins, Philip and Andrew Oliver

I was already suspect about the campaign then then, and remember looking at Oliver Twins twitter page at the time. not only do they mention nothing about attending the vega+ launch party, but from the 19th to the 21st Oct '16 they were apparently "very busy" attending some academy award ceremony in Wawrickshire or something, and posting pics/updates of that... it's still there to see on their twitter page but I don't know how to embed twitter stuff here.

just thought that was odd...

24 minutes ago, InUpDown said:

tbh it's one of my fav speccy games too (probably in my top 10) , and I didn't catch that typo... oops.

just remembered something else...more persons of interest: Oliver Twins. what's their involvement here, they seem totally pro-vega+ from what I've seen?

the thing is, RCL said they attended the infamous 'launch party' on Oct 20th 2016... on 21st Oct they posted:

I was already suspect about the campaign then then, and remember looking at Oliver Twins twitter page at the time. not only do they mention nothing anout attending the vega+ launch party, but from the 19th to the 21st Oct '16 they were apparently "very busy" attending some academy award ceremony in Wawrickshire or something, and posting pics/updates of that... it's still there to see on their twitter page but I don't know how to embed twitter stuff here.

just thought that was odd...

RCL highjacked the Dizzy 30th event (edit: which was the 8th of April 2017) and put Vega's in the hands of devs, apparently.

see: http://retro-computers.co.uk/blog/q2-2017/

20170408_lee_with_bag_at_dizzy_30th_even

and also, I wonder if they regret this tweet

and this

DQ3EH7DWsAAgYTG.jpg

Edited by SeanR