SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

This is true, my tablet has a keyboard that I can (physically) attach. I can attach a bluetooth keyboard to my phone if I REALLY want.

27 minutes ago, ulala said:

He said people will use it for writing books. Books!

Between my phone, tablet, microsoft surface and laptop i think we have things covered.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Making Of The Vega+ book...?

31 minutes ago, ulala said:

He said people will use it for writing books. Books!

Between my phone, tablet, microsoft surface and laptop i think we have things covered.

Again, have you used that keyboard? That's the great thing about it, so small and compact and ideal for typing. Was one of the biggest selling points back in the day, odd that nothing has topped it since.

22 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Again, have you used that keyboard? That's the great thing about it, so small and compact and ideal for typing. Was one of the biggest selling points back in the day, odd that nothing has topped it since.

this is true. the (work) nokia communicator was terrible, and while I've never used a blackberry, my (work) samsung @chat 335 is a nightmare

(and the original Psion organiser was... interesting)

• Upvote 1

so is this thing going to drag on indefinitely then? 

just looking at some articles from the good old days: https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2478567/zx-spectrum-vega-production-is-delayed-but-rcl-hopes-for-pre-christmas-rollout

But what about customer money?

"It’s safe. It was ringfenced from the beginning and anything you hear otherwise is completely untrue. "

"We will deliver. It will be brilliant."

those aren't really the kind of words you can go back on, without a nuclear powered custard-pie launching machine aimed at your face.  there needs to be some kind of closure , but what?

18 minutes ago, Bluejam said:

Ahh, the infamous report by Chris Merriman , @christhedj 

This one as well https://www.theinquirer.net/2476479/

hes been called out on twitter numerous times to do an up to date report but like most, he just ignores.

"final tweaking before shipping details are announced in what Martin referred to as “days not weeks”, with an assurance that any destined to go under the tree this Christmas will be there."

i.e. xmas 2016... surely everyone involved with rcl must have known that was a massive lie, at the time? amazing stuff.

40 minutes ago, InUpDown said:

"final tweaking before shipping details are announced in what Martin referred to as “days not weeks”, with an assurance that any destined to go under the tree this Christmas will be there."

i.e. xmas 2016... surely everyone involved with rcl must have known that was a massive lie, at the time? amazing stuff.

5 posts in this thread and only a member since December... come on Lee. We know its you, fess up :lol:

• Upvote 1

It’s all kicked off on Spectrum for Everyone about a fake Facebook account and her comments.

and her subsequent banning. 

Accusations of censorship, insults and of course, the Vega plus

The Spectrum scene never stops giving.

74DEB86F-5859-43F2-84FD-3C3770E6C6B6.jpeg

Hey!

remember this:

26904474_10155011546341956_3211593541112

Suzanne Martin claiming the64 wouldn't be delivered?

well...

Spoiler

26815425_1767358410236059_7048326860525826734200_1767358406902726_53187003483559

26903798_1767358440236056_4904735352342026903664_1767358413569392_55530262923029

Yeah... Now, admittedly these would be the64 mini, but it still counts.

isn't it the case they got funding from elsewhere with a view to selling those? So most of that stock is probably going to part-fund the proper The64.

It's pictures like that that must bring a tear to the eye of Levy, Martin and co. I'll bet they hoped it would vanish like the Vega+, now people will be asking question again (hopefully).

just noticed all the comments, updates, and the backer list on the vega+ indiegogo page seem to have vanished. not sure if that's a temporary thing but I haven't seen that happen before. they were there this morning.

edit, they're back again. not sure what happened there. phew! campaign still on track, full steam ahead...

Interesting / laughable turn of events.

The admin of the Vega Democracy Facebook group appears to have faked a Facebook update / message from one of the ex directors Paul Andrews

when I say ‘faked’ I mean... well, judge for yourself!! Check that font out!  It’s appalling!

apparently he’s a ‘hacker’  

C8A56B94-07D0-4DB8-928B-73405A7C1950.jpeg

CA81F74B-FBD5-4129-8AB0-C54C1A0C8F4C.jpeg

• Upvote 2

So is that basically it for the Vega+ saga? Are there any more court cases or deadlines or whatever coming up, or can RCL now merely fade away, write this off and move on to the next useless project, like this sort of business tends to? I'm not a backer so I'm not bothered about the actual unit, but apart from nutcases like Jan and Lee sounding off it's all gone very quiet.

12 minutes ago, Goose said:

To be honest, I've lost track of who is who. 

Even George seems to have gone quiet.

George has been very ill for about 2 months, hospital etc. But he's hoping to come back soon.

26 minutes ago, Vimster said:

So is that basically it for the Vega+ saga? Are there any more court cases or deadlines or whatever coming up, or can RCL now merely fade away, write this off and move on to the next useless project, like this sort of business tends to? I'm not a backer so I'm not bothered about the actual unit, but apart from nutcases like Jan and Lee sounding off it's all gone very quiet.

There is some stuff going through small claims court at the moment.