SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

I mean from the license perspective more than the game. Although I think it's funnier to imagine that they blew their entire KS budget on securing the rights to an absolute pile of shit.

Such a wasted opportunity. The USB power and no HDMI are unacceptable. The review mentions the Raspberry Pi, and frankly for £50 you could get a Pi 2, keyboard and mouse, USB joypad and all the leads necessary, and with a little effort to install an emulator you could have a very capable system for a fraction of the cost of the Vega.

This weekend I'm going to set up the rubber-key 48K model I got from this very forum, get the tape deck out and have a go because reading about the Vega has really got me down.

• Upvote 3

I admit I had no real sense of scale with it, but didn't realise it was about the same size as a kit-kat.

So we're left with Elite's now? Which as I understand, is basically as full sized spectrum, that is really just a bluetooth controller. A shame they couldn't have figured out a deal to merge the two. And then added a plug and HDMI.

I admit I had no real sense of scale with it, but didn't realise it was about the same size as a kit-kat.

So we're left with Elite's now? Which as I understand, is basically as full sized spectrum, that is really just a bluetooth controller. A shame they couldn't have figured out a deal to merge the two. And then added a plug and HDMI.

So the company that didn't want to pay royalties until it was forced to, teaming up with the company that was supposed to pay royalties but didn't, and both of them with lax attitudes to copyright issues. Nope, don't want that to happen.

• Upvote 3

If it works with the Wii Spectrum emulator, the keyboard would be a pretty close way of experiencing the Speccy. But without the painful loading times.

Is the keyboard not already sold out?

So the company that didn't want to pay royalties until it was forced to, teaming up with the company that was supposed to pay royalties but didn't, and both of them with lax attitudes to copyright issues. Nope, don't want that to happen.

Hmm, that's a good point.

If it works with the Wii Spectrum emulator, the keyboard would be a pretty close way of experiencing the Speccy. But without the painful loading times.

Is the keyboard not already sold out?

The keyboard is still available to pre-order from some retailers http://sinclairzxspectrum.elite-systems.co.uk/preorder.php

However, Kickstarter backers have yet to receive theirs despite being told they'd get them this week. Probably because they're being single handidly packaged by one woman.

O3ni5ci.jpg

• Upvote 3

Type Rope is one of the games?

Type Rope, which absolutely requires a full keyboard to play?

Amazing.

Also amazing is they got Zenobi text adventures on there. Didn't think they'd licence them.

Bit of a daft review surely when it doesn't take into account the price of the thing?

Yeah, he was a bit on the fence. No mention of the rubbish connections, at least he seemed to be okay. His conclusion seemed to be "you might not like it, but you might". Expected more of him, what with him being a huge Speccy nut.

The Elite one is up on Ebuyer now - 88 pound - http://www.ebuyer.com/708786-recreated-zx-spectrum-kyb-zxspectrumbt

I like the dig they manage to have at the Vega creators.

Main Features
The ONLY full-size recreation of the 1980s personal computer
Supplied with FREE app including: Chuckie Egg, Sinclair BASIC & Game bundle
EXCLUSIVE to the Recreated ZX Spectrum - Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy & Chuckie Egg
WIRELESS (Bluetooth 3.0) for fun or productivity on the go
The ONLY ZX Spectrum device for use with phones, tablets, Macs / PCs … even TVs
The ONLY full-size recreation of the 1980s personal computer - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Authentic rubber-key, play-control of games
Classic and modern
Supplied with FREE (available soon from app stores) 'Recreated Sinclair ZX Spectrum' iOS / Android apps including:
Chuckie Egg
Sinclair BASIC
Game bundle (New games available with each update of the apps.)
Check the app stores to access the device's additional features and exclusive content
Sinclair ZX Spectrum games are also available ONLINE via 'The recreated Sinclair ZX Spectrum Online' web app
The Recreated Sinclair ZX Spectrum is for ALL games, apps and applications ... on ANY device (When used as Bluetooth keyboard)
Sinclair ZX Spectrum games on your tablet
Game of Thrones on your Mac
Outlook on your PC
eBay on your smart TV
The ONLY 'Sinclair ZX Spectrum'device for use with phones, tablets, Macs / PCs ... even TVs
It's WIRELESS ... it features high-speed Bluetooth 3.0 technology ... so it's PORTABLE - combine with a phone or tablet for fun or productivity on the go
It's OPTIMIZED ... the recreated device's 'GAME' layer has been perfected for iOS / Android apps and for games in general … its 'QWERTY' layer has been honed for applications requiring access to all the functionality of a full-size keyboard
It's ADAPTABLE ... it supports 'Apple AirPlay 'and 'Google Chromecast'; enabling wireless streaming of what's on the screen of a phone, tablet, Mac or PC to an HDTV ... also, were its manufacturer to add Bluetooth / USB-keyboard support to the device, then 'The recreated Sinclair ZX Spectrum' could be used as a keyboard for the 'Vega' device
New / existing games and apps easily updated for wireless control with the recreated Sinclair ZX Spectrum ... creating a growing library from which to choose
Dimensions
Weight 550 Grams
Height 250mm
Width 170mm
Depth 50mm