SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:22, InUpDown said:

what's up with 'Michael's order number?

maybe its two order numbers, or one from the website(s) rather than IGG?

10 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

What time is the RCL E3 keynote?

Theyre proud to announce the first five minutes of it should happen somewhere between e5 and e7.

• Upvote 3

Highlights from the RCL press event at E3:

* Dr David Levi takes the stage, talks about RCL's commitment to retro gaming and the joy it can bring. "But that's enough of that, you're all here for the games, am I right? Well, I can exclusively reveal there aren't any. Buuuut...."

* Levi goes to take something from his inside jacket pocket a la the PSP reveal. Comes out with his glasses case and a bit of paper, reads out a prepared statement about legal action and all that jazz.

* Levi introduces a big supporter of the Vega+ project to the stage, a large picture of Egghead appears on the screens above him. Jonathan Cauldwell talks about his inspirations, his hopes, fears, the immense pride he has in his latest epic, Egghead 884, before revealing exclusive levels from the game, played on a PSP.

* Excitement as Levi comes back, joined by Suzanne Martin. "Now, we are excited to reveal that everyone in the room today will be getting... an email in the next few weeks with details of possible shipping dates!"

* "Oh and one more thing...." the audience are still waiting for that one.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, InUpDown said:

ah, didn't know he'd tweeted them...was only looking in igg comments.

the jsw maria one is so good, lol

the tweeting came later ;)

2 minutes ago, InUpDown said:

a born scammer...it's in his jeans.

Levi, Levy, whatever. I can't be arsed to change it.

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

See, the thing is that 299 backers and £34k might seem a lot, but it's only 6% of the 4,772 backers that are asking for a refund (and I'm sure there's a few 'dodgy' refund requests in there). I'm not sure what that says about the other 4,473 backers not asking for a refund. Do they still believe RCL will deliver? Or do they think the 'game's a bogey' and have written off their investment?

As it's been discussed, RCL are not legally obliged to give any refunds to backers via Indiegogo, despite what Indiegogo's PR push claims. The backers could go for a refund through the UK courts, but AFAIK there's only been one so far. 

It just gives more 'evidence' for RCL to say "the vast majority of backers still want to get their Vega+ and despite what Indiegogo are doing to stop that, we're going to deliver it. Unfortunately, the trolls (including Indiegogo now) have caused more delays. But don't worry, we'll have another announcement in a few weeks time." Followed by radio silence for 6 months.

I really don't get what RCL's goals are now. If they were just in it to take the money, they would have wound it all up by now, especially if there really is no money left. There's plenty of crowd funding campaigns that have done that. Instead RCL go through these bizarre cycles of silence then fits of news and promised delivery schedules that are then missed. It is coming across as incompetence. But maybe that's what RCL want it to now look like, should this ever go to court for fraud. I dunno... it's all very strange. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder how many of the backers wanting a refund haven't signed the petition for a refund.

I wonder how many of the backers bought into the whole "you were only backing an idea", despite all claims to the contrary made by RCL?

more to the point I wonder what happened to all the zx vega plus they were going to deliver betwee the 8th and 12th of May?

:coffee:

22 minutes ago, gone fishin' said:

As it's been discussed, RCL are not legally obliged to give any refunds to backers via Indiegogo, despite what Indiegogo's PR push claims. The backers could go for a refund through the UK courts, but AFAIK there's only been one so far. 

I really don't get what RCL's goals are now. If they were just in it to take the money, they would have wound it all up by now, especially if there really is no money left. There's plenty of crowd funding campaigns that have done that. Instead RCL go through these bizarre cycles of silence then fits of news and promised delivery schedules that are then missed. It is coming across as incompetence. But maybe that's what RCL want it to now look like, should this ever go to court for fraud. I dunno... it's all very strange. 

There's a more going through the system, it takes time to go though.

RCL were in it to just take the money from the start. Problem is they failed at the first hurdle when they tried and failed to remove Andrews and Chris from the board. With them gone they would have had full control and been able to wind it up over time. But with the way things are it's very messy and the company can't just close.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

RCL were in it to just take the money from the start. Problem is they failed at the first hurdle when they tried and failed to remove Andrews and Chris from the board. With them gone they would have had full control and been able to wind it up over time. But with the way things are it's very messy and the company can't just close.

Right. Constantly keeping the dram alive is just a way to keep things ticking along until they are in a position to close it down.

10 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Right. Constantly keeping the dram alive is just a way to keep things ticking along until they are in a position to close it down.

Well no. The RCL directors will have effectively commited fraud with that money, the company is still open and the books will have to be looked at if they get voted down at the shareholders meeting. That means police involvement.  This is why they are scrabbling along, trying to drag things out as long as possible.

it's why, for example, they keep giving delivery dates as fridays. To buy them two days to think of another excuse.

The next proposed delivery date is this friday. The 15th.

Never mind that there are no photos, nor a games list yet.

The big boy's toys running full tilt, the boxes flowing down the conveyor towards Dr Dave who is brandishing the tape, eager to get that Speccy love shared. The high-sided van fills up with boxes ready to go, he gives the side a good slap, signalling the driver to take them away. "Bon voyage, my beauties!" he cries after the departing lorry, his heart not far behind.

• Upvote 6