SeanR

Another ZX Spectrum device indiegogo fundraiser

57 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Maybe they meant 4.15pm at Rio de Janeiro?

Which ironically is where Levy and Martin currently are ;) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JPickford said:

Why would you think that?

I  just hope they get arrested.

I hope that too but I've seen TV programmes.

19 minutes ago, Bluejam said:

Which ironically is where Levy and Martin currently are ;) 

Mcbain

Brazil would be an appropriate place for those two 'nuts'*... (*pun intended)

what if they actually do a runner though? it would make all the stalling up to now look pointless, but on the other hand there cannot be any possible way this is going to end well for them.

1 hour ago, InUpDown said:

Brazil would be an appropriate place for those two 'nuts'*... (*pun intended)

what if they actually do a runner though? it would make all the stalling up to now look pointless, but on the other hand there cannot be any possible way this is going to end well for them.

From Wikipedia:

[David Levy] has functioned as literary agent for the escaped Great Train robber, Ronald Biggs and claims to have masterminded his escape from British justice.[5]

10 hours ago, deKay said:

In all genuine seriousness, should we be concerned that Martin and/or Levy might kill themselves to get out of this?

This thought had occurred to me also before you posted it. When someone can see no way out, they do the only solution they can see.

One interesting observation in all this is that now that those backers with their heads in the sand have finally realised the device isn't coming it seems to have brought the community back together at last. Looking at the Facebook comment people seem to be getting on with each other.

On a different note, I see our friend Mr. Forgarty seems to have vanished. I've not seen his posts appear for a long while. Likely taking cover as this whole sorry saga continues to trundle ever onwards.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, roberthazelby said:

On a different note, I see our friend Mr. Forgarty seems to have vanished. I've not seen his posts appear for a long while. Likely taking cover as this whole sorry saga continues to trundle ever onwards.

He's in for a surprise. Andrews has said he will be taking him to court after this is over for all of the online abuse, despite Fogs claims he can't just brush them off.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, deKay said:

In all genuine seriousness, should we be concerned that Martin and/or Levy might kill themselves to get out of this?

This is ridiculous. I don't think they'll even get any serious jail time.

19 hours ago, deKay said:

They have an alternative to get out of this, come clean.

1 hour ago, Gregory Wolfe said:

This is ridiculous. I don't think they'll even get any serious jail time.

There's a strong possibility if the police are involved and the money isn't returned. It's effectively fraud and has jail time.

4 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

There's a strong possibility if the police are involved and the money isn't returned. It's effectively fraud and has jail time.

I used the word 'serious' to indicate, even in the worst case, that I believe they won't go to jail for long especially if they serve with 'good behaviour'.

Fraud is one of those white collar crimes where seemingly the guilty don't usually do much jail time.

In that context suicide as an alternative is an absolute extreme.

13 hours ago, JPickford said:

From Wikipedia:

[David Levy] has functioned as literary agent for the escaped Great Train robber, Ronald Biggs and claims to have masterminded his escape from British justice.[5]

Wasnt he apparently also involved in the Great Train Robbery according to internet rumour?

There are other sanctions than prison time, in this instance I'd imagine they'd be barred from being involved in any business for a period, or have other financial sanctions. Whether that would be adequate punishment, or at least protection against future fraud, is another story.

Obviously for legal reasons I'm talking broadly here: there is a certain class of serial business person who manage to mess up multiple times but through the vagaries of business complexity keep popping up. Punishment of this kind of businessperson needs to avoid vague wrist-slapping and be properly enforced.

6 hours ago, roberthazelby said:

It's galling to note he's still running WOS despite his well-documented lack of integrity and bringing the Spectrum scene close to collapse.

• Upvote 1

side note: a potato compared the zx vega plus saga to the konix multisystem. Despite not being the same thing at all. Hell, the multisystem was eventually released as a controller...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SeanR said:

side note: a potato compared the zx vega plus saga to the konix multisystem. Despite not being the same thing at all. Hell, the multisystem was eventually released as a controller...

Did they take 4000-odd pre-orders for the Multisystem? I think not :)

3 minutes ago, deKay said:

They've "started sending emails".

SnapShot_180517_135756.png.df865cd01ad3173068aec4565a1809ba.png

nicked that for a tweet, as it follows on nicely from my report to indiegogo

notevenabacker.JPG.6caa4239ce03da6fda5d6f0d0bbd6446.JPG

in short, a fabricated non-truth. Check the dates.

they had two years to get the games licenced.

they didn't mention this on the 15th or 16th either.

if the devices are built, blown, and ready to ship, who now stops what now?

They had to resolve the issue months ago, not now.

You seek permission THEN list them, not the other way round.

Utter twats.

• Upvote 1