5th Generation Muk Raiding Topic - Muklords of Draenor

Nimmel

This might be something to keep in mind:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1655202-Imperator-normal-way-overtuned

TLDR: Final boss in normal may be as hard as the first 5 on heroic. So when we start getting to that point on a consistent basis we may want to swap modes and clear up some of the "easier" bosses first. I know that even Kardes super guild didn't get him down at the first time of asking, probably because they had Karde with them.....

So raids for the coming weeks. Next week same as usual so Thurs and Sunday which seems to be the two days we have settled into, the week after we could look at doing a raid on Sunday and or Monday if there is interest. For the week of the New Year I am not sure if I am about New Years day but there is nothing stopping the guild from having a raid then if you have the numbers.

Moving forward the transition from focusing on Normal to Heroic may be a little tricky (or it may be seamless!). I think certainly for the next month or so we will be wanting to clear at least 6/7 normal every week whilst slowly trying more and more bosses on Heroic. The next logical boss to try is Heroic Butcher but this is a DPS check and we will have to have more stringent requirements with regards to gear level, enchants and what not for people attempting this boss this does not mean that people below this level of gearing can't join us for the rest of the raid instead I will have to ask that they step out at that point. This means everyone gets to kill something and hopefully get some gear and still allows us to progress in Heroic. By the end of January I would imagine the focus will shift to mainly being about Heroic Progress with Normal raids reduced to an off night or alternatively running a Normal raid as a guild maybe once a fortnight with people being allowed to bring in well geared alts if they wanted to for some of the bosses.

Regardless of the wall of text above the main thing I want to avoid is alienating people either by excluding them from content or making them feel that we are only raiding trivial content, I'm sure we can find a middle road long term but it may require a little bit of patience on both sides whilst we work out how best to approach this more inclusive raiding landscape.

@John:

Sounds good to me. Will keep signing up when I can, obviously due to the time of year, I'm pretty busy at the moment. Looking at having a decent ranged in a couple of weeks to use as an alt for now as well.

@Mot: Little tip, the more we progress and consistently down bosses, the more you'll want to think about when to use the bonus roll. As a general rule of thumb I tend not to use a bonus if I already receive loot from a boss to spread it out a bit more. Only exception is when a boss drops something that could replace say a trinket or something I have in a lower gear level.

Heroic will feel easier, faster, because it gets trivialised by the gear from normal.

Kargath - no different to normal.

Butcher - needs people doing ~20k dps.

Bracken - needs people doing over 20k dps, boss feels like it has too much hp.

Tectus - joke boss, dodge red shit collect loot.

Ogrons - joke boss 2, dodge fire collect loot.

Ko'ragh - no different to normal, just needs more heals on shadow parts.

Mar'gok - no different to normal but all the numbers are way higher, gear boss really.

Excellent stuff tonight, I jut want to reiterate a big thank you to both our hunters it appears this is the tier where we have to ask you to do stuff pretty every other fight which you have been doing with aplomb. Sunday heroic whats his face followed by something else, may not use up the 3 hours we shall see how we go.

Good stuff last night folks, really enjoyed it. Much more fun and banter than the last couple of raids I've been on.

Won't be about Sunday though I'm afraid as I'm working. If I don't speak to some of you again in game beforehand, have a great xmas/new year !

Hope you all had a nice xmas! Just a couple of updates RE myself and raiding.

Won't be signing much/if at all for a couple of weeks due to personal health issues. Am currently gearing up my hunter so when I do decide to come along I will probs bring that along for a test run see if I can play dps well at all.

Just wanted to let people know what's going on as I'm not on much at the moment apart from at work. If I don't speak soon, have a happy new year :)

Hey all - there were murmurings about a raid tonight and I said I would be able to attend. I've built a new PC over the last couple of days and I'm still ironing out a couple of kinks with it to get it to run stable, so I won't be able to come now. Apologies! All being well I'll still be available for Sunday.

Should be about tonight, just haven't signed in game. What's the plan?

Ideally, would like to bring the hunter if possible as it's looking very much like this will be my raiding main. Hopefully will be able to get the last few bits of gear I need during the day today to make it raidworthy.

Wasn't there on Thursday but from what I understand there's the Imperator and Heroics left to do. Should be able to bring him but we may ask you and others to step out once we hit the harder heroics which have tight DPS checks (e.g. Butcher) - assuming the hunter isn't doing 20k yet.