5th Generation Muk Raiding Topic - Muklords of Draenor

I am neither a Hero or Guardian, merely fodder. :o

I'm back from all the Christmas / New Year festivities now, looking forward to coming back and button mashing because I can't remember how to play*

*not that I ever knew how to play

I logged on to open the Winterveil presents on New Years Eve and my computer stopped working (I blame tree who was being rude to me at the time), I'll be getting it seen to next week sometime so I won't be about for anything this week.

Hope you all have a great 2016.

Hello,

Think I'm done with WoW for now - will almost certainly give Legion ago though

Just bored of the raid being the only activity and odd gating mechanics in there (doing fights again just harder when we progress isn't a real incentive). Most of the other end content is dull due to boring lore/story/setting or actual mechanics.

After loving the last couple of xpacs I'm not sure how this one got so wrong, but I've reach my limit of pretending I'm engaged with it in any meaningful way.

I'm logging to raid now out of habit rather than desire - and haven't done anything other than raid in WoW for months - and any lingering desire is to talk to people which I can do in other ways (skype me!

Sub runs out this week, but I've bought a month with gold if I feel the desire to pootle about a bit

Chums,

I am in a similar boat, just turning up to raids to not let people down rather than for my enjoyment. I think for me, the glory days are over, for now at least. I wish you all the best, hopefully we will keep in touch in case another golden era arises! Gentlemen it’s been fun! Thank you

All the best

Jamie/James/Jamos/Fat Panda

:hug: Well, it was fun raiding with you guys whilst it lasted. I cancelled my sub before Christmas as I knew I would be away for a month and didn't get round to resubbing due to being busy last week / weekend. January and February are always slightly iffy as we have loads on socially (then nothing for the rest of the year...) I guess I won't resub for now, but I did really enjoy raiding with you guys. :wub:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pre-patch went onto the PTR this week, so assuming no major bugs then it's probably a month or so out given previous PTR timeframes. Be nice to have a reason not to just be doing old raids for transmog and keeping the garrison ticking over, at least i'm not paying actual money.

I've been sampling the PTR. It's a hot buggy mess.

The new melee animations are brilliant, really visceral and engaging.

The new specs are confusing as all hell. None of my classes feel the same :lol:

The new action camera made me feel sick as a dog, I had to turn it off after a few minutes. I don't recall ever having motion sickness before, but goddamn, this made me want to barf.

32 minutes ago, scruffycat said:

I'm playing! But it's pretty good for me because I've not been on since the start of the expansion so I'm only just about going to get my epic ring done prepatch I think. Shitty expansion mind, hated every lfr I've done.

LFR is a not a good representation of those raids. Of course, if this a time commitment thing I can only offer my condolences, LFR is a gangbang of stupidity. 

No it's not really the clusterfuck of LFR it's more that they aren't that good. The last raid I think I really enjoyed was Firelands, maybe SoO from Pandaria but these just haven't appealed much. There is other stuff, I hate what professions have become, flying in Taanan, bringing back the Brawlers Guild as exactly the same thing for a second season, the horrible split 'capitals' the grinds etc, as examples amongst a multitute of small annoyances.

That's a fair enough point, the brawlers guild was pants. I think I'm completely through with Warcraft to be honest, I did try and come back earlier in the week but there's just no appeal for me anymore. Not bothered following this latest expansion at all, think I've just had enough. I did actually quite like the raids this expac though apart from HFC which is just pretty boring in general. BRF was good, had a couple of unique encounters but HM was again a bit bleak. 

Each to their own though, got a couple of years enjoyment out of it but I don't see myself returning. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Cleavesy said:

So as the Legion Pre Patch is out on the 20th is it time we half plan what we're playing in legion? (I'll try to stick to what I say this time!)

Holy shit look who it is. 

OT: Renewed my sub but not played for months and well out of practice...if anyone is about or is coming back, would anyone like to group up and do some content, not fussed what, just need to get back in the groove ! Aimed at anyone in the thread by the way, thanks to the beauty of cross-server matchmaking.

42 minutes ago, Cleavesy said:

I know! I'm out of practise to. Need to do mythic dungeons to try and get the heirloom trinkets before Wed. Not played in three months ha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm free most evenings after 5ish if you wanna try and get some done?