IGNORED

5th Generation Muk Raiding Topic - Muklords of Draenor

Nimmel

Not sure what thread this is best in so sorry! It is slightly raiding related in that I need advice on how to get there gear wise. :)

I'm trying to get my gear level a bit higher so that I actually feel as though I'm contributing to any raids that I join you guys for rather than just being carried through them, currently sitting on 686 but the likes of my neck is baleful 650. I have 17K apexis crystals, so I can buy that thing that will upgrade it to 695 when I reach 20K. But I'm also at the bit of the legendary ring quest where I need to make 3 elemental rune things from 300 stones which seems to be dragging out forever, there is the weekly quest where I can swap 20K crystals for 75 stones, but I only have 115 stones and even with the additional 75 it wouldn't be enough for a rune. I just don't know if it's worthwhile trading the 20K for a neck upgrade (it's my worst piece) or trying to get further in the legendary ring line.

Also, for mythic dungeons, what ilevel is best for them? I've been trying the LFG premade group finder but people on there seem to be looking for way higher ilevel than what actually drops? I think 685 drops, but people are commonly looking for people with 700-715 for mythic dungeons? (definitely dungeons and not raids that I'm looking at!)

Make sure to do Garrison follower/ship missions for stuff (apexis, gear, minor amounts of legendary stuff/gold)

LFR

Not sure of your gold situation but crafted stuff and first few upgrades are comparatively cheap now (or craft yourself over some time)

Mythics are hard because most groups will be running them quickly and outgearing. They've not really worked as a catch up mechanics

Are you doing world bosses/LFR?

Apexis is relatively easy to get if you're doing Tannan dailies - personally I would spend on the runes each week if possibly over upgrading one bit of gear)

Other than that there's not a great deal for you to do. It's tricky cus we're trying to progress heroic which obviously is an ilevel up from normal so the gap for you feels larger.

We did say at somepoint we might do a shorter run through normal again to try and round of people's gear sets/4p which would get you stuff

I made some people aware last night - but I was unavailable due to some personal stuff...and the people I left messages with ended up having to duck out themselves...sorry!

:) Thanks Hexx, all things that I have been doing really! Did the weekly time walking cache quest and got a 700 helm, exhausting LFR and world bosses each lock out. Think that the only place I can really get upgrades now is Hellfire LFR or mythical dungeons but kind of saving my bonus rolls to use when doing non LFR unless it's a massive upgrade chance (like neck bosses), but need to do BRF as well for the elemental stone thingies. Got some time walking badges too thinking I could get a neck from the vendor but that wasn't the case. :lol:

The crafted stuff is extortianate (for me), 39K+ for the highest things. I'm an enchanter so have spent my war paints, etc on upgrading both my staff and trinkets to the highest they will go.

I've been doing all the dailies in Tanaan so yeah, crystal farming isn't difficult, the 17K I have are from the past two days plus a nice 4K naval mission. Maybe I will buy the runes and then if I manage another 20K before the week is out I will get my neck upgrade too.

Also, please don't be sorry (not sure who you are ingame!) - I don't want you guys to be wasting your raid nights on doing easier stuff when you have the numbers to try and progress the harder fights. :) But seems that I'm doing all I can, unless I try and be a little PUGger for normal lock outs.

How did Archi part two go in the end? It really is a bummer of a fight at times, awful lag I was experiencing last night aside, there was a couple of times where I had nowhere "neat" to take that fixated fire. Then I ran in to help someone with a shadowfel and at that exact time of reaching the burst got fixated upon. ><

I should finally get my legendary ring next reset, got 2 of tablets now and need another 280 runes. My gear is an absolute mismatch, I'm going to try and find a group do get some mythics done as there are still a couple of upgrades that would be better suited to my stats that I can get from there which should help.

9% wipe.

We were getting consistently in last phase towards then end. It's just practice and experience in there holding us back now (think we only had 4 good tries in there and we learnt more each time)

Sorry for asking you to step out - but the dps was at point where it made success more likely (sorry!)

Everyone there yesterday can be bar Jera who will be replaced by Moo

So it'll be another (last? ;)) night on Archie

Wheee, nice work! You're bound to get him on Sunday :)

Also, stop apologising - I don't take offence as I know that with a few more upgrades I will be able to keep up better because I'm awesome like that ;) I knew it was likely going to happen and think I offered about 5 times to do so before it happened so it was expected on my part*

*not really, I've not been able to sleep since and keep crying.

Nah we didn't.

Really good effort though (even though your key and critical DPS had already had to heroic sacrifice himself in a blaze of glory). Amazingly well executed to keep it so controlled through the last phase.

Felt repeatable for more ring upgrades and class trinkets :)

Wheee, nice work! You're bound to get him on Sunday :)

Also, stop apologising - I don't take offence as I know that with a few more upgrades I will be able to keep up better because I'm awesome like that ;) I knew it was likely going to happen and think I offered about 5 times to do so before it happened so it was expected on my part*

*not really, I've not been able to sleep since and keep crying.

Hey Rikku! Sorry for missing you on Battle Net last night, I'd already gone to sleep :blush:

Definitely up for things in general though, I'll try and remember to actually log off when I'm not there!

No worries, I always fall asleep logged in to!

I changed my talents to the ones James(?) suggested - Power Infusion and Clarity of Power and took Surge of Darkness as well for the mind spike procs which makes me a dotless shadow priest, but it has actually increased my dps on the raider's dummy by about 5K :blush: I'm not too confident with using it in a live situation. It's quite easy to stand there and think about the rotation without worrying about moving out of stuff and what have you, but it will come with practice I guess! I've just played one way for so long that a period of adjustment is in order. :P

Oh god you're listening to James? The disc priest who spent the entire of MoP stacking haste for the "Crit is King" disc spec?

Sorry for having to drop from Skype last night. Fairly urgent phonecall I had to listen to. I assume the rest of the call was spent lamenting my loss and singing my praises. Especially from Jamos.

Yes. Yes, I did. My mentor in doing all things wrong!

:)

To be fair, he was indeed right. The spec I was going for really needs another 6% unbuffed crit - and my gear is a mismatch not really suited to it atm. It is just my preferred play style.

We kind of lamented your loss. Thought about kicking you from the guild. All declared you dead to us. But then just called it a night instead. About 25% of this paragraph is true.

indeed!

I have been working until 9pm every night this week on lesson plans, probobaly be the same tonight (but I am not teaching tomorrow) so could raid if needed but id rather be planning - just call / text if you do need me and i'll see where i'm at, may need the break!

Edit: actually 2 lesson plans to write up and my review on my lessons today, wont be finished until 10pm at this rate sorry folks I'm out!