IGNORED

5th Generation Muk Raiding Topic - Muklords of Draenor

Nimmel

• Archimonde
    • All of the following Archimonde encounter changes requires a realm restart to take effect.
    • We have made a number of changes aimed at reducing the difficulty of the Archimonde encounter for smaller raid groups on Normal and Heroic difficulty, with a focus on the final phase of the encounter in particular. These changes are offset by increased scaling with respect to raid size, so that the experience for larger raid groups will be mostly unchanged.
      • Infernal Doombringer's health has been reduced by up to 15%.
      • Shadowed Netherwalker's health has been reduced by up to 15%.
      • Living Shadow's health has been reduced by up to 15%.
      • Reduced the damage of Wrought Chaos by up to 20%.
      • Reduced the damage of Shackled Torment by up to 20%.
      • Living Shadows now spawn from each Nether Tear at a reduced rate for smaller raid sizes.
    • Added a 3-second cooldown to the periodic healing of Eternal Flame, preventing Infernal Doombringers from healing other Infernal Doombringers until 3 seconds after spawning on all difficulties.
    • Archimonde's health has been reduced by 10% on Raid Finder difficulty.

I think we'll have 10 for Sunday based on what was said last night....so we could try it?

I can believe the keyboard turning but not the 56K. :)

Makes me think, actually. Does anyone remember playing WoW over 56k? I'm pretty sure I had broadband at launch but it was so long ago. I absolutely used to play Quake/UT/CS over modem but WoW? I can't really remember.

Glad you had fun!

Yesterday I logged out of skype, thinking it was my skype not the whole of skype being down. Alas I dont know my password and with many an attempt to get back on, I have thus failed

I may have to just make a new account, changing my password puts me into a endless loop with my microsoft account

Will have to see, wrote to their customer services but sadly I dont remember the month and year I opened my skype account (it was 10 years ago after all!) so who knows, will let you know!

Glad you had fun!

Yesterday I logged out of skype, thinking it was my skype not the whole of skype being down. Alas I dont know my password and with many an attempt to get back on, I have thus failed

I may have to just make a new account, changing my password puts me into a endless loop with my microsoft account

Will have to see, wrote to their customer services but sadly I dont remember the month and year I opened my skype account (it was 10 years ago after all!) so who knows, will let you know!

Can't you just show them a picture of you? They can then look at your skype picture and see. You could even show them the costume you're wearing

-You don't need to send a healer into the Twisting Nether like all the guides tell you to. This might help you if you 10 man it.

-It's better to send your stongest dps into the Nether first.

-It's better if you can leave one hunter outside all the time.

-Shadow beasts spawn exactly on the black orb.

-You can hit infernals before they reform.

-If you lack enough bodies to dps in the Nether, resto druids can take Heart of the Wild and dps while there. Don't send HoW druids in the first group.

-If you are tanking when infernals are spawning, do not press anything that does aoe. Just don't.

-Kick the first Flames of Argus from Overfiends, then try and stun lock it to death. Warrior tanks should press minimal buttons if you expect the Overfiend to cast a second time. You don't want to be GCD locked and miss your Shockwave/Droar.

-Don't bother cheesing Shadowfel bursts. Do it properly and save personal tricks for other situations.

-The boss himself hits like a fanny. The only tank damage comes from the Deathcallers.

-Avatar lines up exactly with every second Deathcaller (90s).

-Anger Management can give you shield wall for every second Deathcaller (90s). i.e. tank the 1st,3rd, etc. Not that you need it tbh.

-This would also give you Dragon Roar/Bloodbath for every Deathcaller (45s).

-Get this if you're healing or raid leading. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/archimondeshackledtormenthelper

Just use the cheesy nether strat. Send just dps down for the first one and nuke the mob to sub 10% health. On the outside you can push the boss to just before he does the meteors but not over. When the 2nd nether is up send 3 players in so the boss doesn't heal and quickly kill off the add. Now both groups 1 + 2 will be ported out and you won't have another nether for a bit. At this point, pop BL, all CD's, ring, everything you have and destroy the boss.

You should only need a 3rd nether group in which you can sacrifice lowest dps players and leave the majority outside to continue killing the boss. This means you are not wasting healing/tanks in the last nether group but also the boss doesn't heal. Provided you handle the adds + infernals well the added uptime on the boss before Nether 3 should help out a large amount.

You can only do this is you have a class that can tank the boss for 10-15s or do the cunts trick and 3 tank it. This is a common pug strat, sure, but in small groups you don't have many extra bodies to send anyway. Usually 2 spare dps on 10 man. Which means you might as well do the Nethers properly because you're going to get more than 3 on your first kill.

Raids and Dungeons

Hellfire Citadel

• Note that the following tuning changes to Hellfire Citadel are currently live for the EU and Asia regions. Other regions will require a realm restart for the changes to take effect.
  • Kilrogg Deadeye
    • Kilrogg Deadeye's Heart Seeker now deals damage and spawns globules only against the target of the ability on Normal Difficulty.
    • Significantly reduced the health of Blood Globule and Fel Blood Globule on Normal Difficulty.
  • Hellfire High Council
    • Reduced the damage of Dia Darkwhisper's Wailing Horrors by 30% on Normal difficulty.
  • Gorefiend
    • Gorefiend no longer uses Shared Fate on Normal or Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Gorebound Construct's Hunger for Life now only affects the fixated target on Normal difficulty.
  • Tyrant Velhari
    • Aura of Oppression in stage one and Aura of Contempt in stage two of the encounter now increases its effect over time more slowly on Normal difficulty.
  • Xhul'horac
    • Wild Pyromaniac's Fel Orb no longer creates patches of Chaotic Felblaze if it fails to impact a player on Normal and Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Unstable Voidfiend's Volatile Voidstep no longer spreads Creeping Void if the explosion contacts any players on Normal and Raid Finder difficulty.
  • Archimonde
    • Archimonde no longer uses Wrought Chaos on Normal or Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Nether Portals created by Nether Banish no longer summon Living Shadows on Normal or Raid Finder difficulty.

There's a much longer discussion to be had about these changes, but the one for Archi should certainly help us have more up time on the boss (some of the above would be really helpful to fix the small group problems, but that's not what they're actually target for)

They're all very odd changes with different impacts that seem poorly/inconsistently target to the myriad of problems raiding has at the moment

I could write a long rambling judgement but I'm trying to show personal growth,