5th Generation Muk Raiding Topic - Muklords of Draenor

Nimmel

I know some people like going in blind but I thought I'd go through the courtesy of linking Fatboss Beta videos for the first few bosses in HFC.

Hellfire Assault :

Iron Reaver:

Kormrok:

Not sure if the instance is linear or more open like BRF was but they are the first 3 bosses listed. Icy Veins also have tactics up for all bosses for any interested. Hoping it'll be a decent raid, not really looked into it too much myself cos I only returned to the game last night. Not a raid for you if you don't like green though! :)

We don't even pretend to go in blind anymore after Highmaul's first "blind" raid with half the raid magically replicating what Fatboss does first pull feeling smug and giving each other knowing winks whilst the other stood about confused and/or one shot by mechanics.

We typically have just a light overview of the tactics first pull, and then adjust on the fly to our "style" (i.e. bum-rush everything) which scratches that figuring stuff out itch.

As a reminder you need new bonus roll tokens for HFC (from the same vendor). please try and be ready for 8.30

We're also low on flasks so I'll try and make some later but any herbs (talador orchids especially) would help.

This will be helpful for tonight, rather than having to watch a ton of videos:

http://imgur.com/a/N2IP5

This is worth a read as well, a chap from Midwinter (world 3rd in BRF) gives his conclusions on the all the DPS specs and their interactions with trinkets and tier sets:

I play a lot of ptr. The intent is to play every dps spec well enough so that I can predict where certain specs will excel and fall short in raids and base our raid comp around that. Seeing which classes get the most benefit from their tier sets and from specific trinkets allows us to make better informed loot decisions during the race. This is an extremely long synopsis of the state of dps going into 6.2. Keep in mind that I have biases based on the nature of the progression we do.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZjS3wYgrfubyoCH_mB08aW7UElVCrDlxHxz8OXE6gT0/edit

To stop PUG drama I assume.

And yeah everyone should be looting everything now - I think you may get missed purples from the postmaster, but not sure and then people have to remember to bring to next raid to dish out

We’re preparing a hotfix to be deployed during next week’s downtime, which will make a few changes in time for the new raid week.

This hotfix will:

• Triple the chance that a Mythic dungeon item can upgrade to Warforged. As a reminder, when a Mythic dungeon item is Warforged (which can drop from any Mythic dungeon boss), the item level is increased from 685 to 705.
  • Increase the number of set pieces that drop from set bosses in Normal and Heroic Hellfire Citadel. This will affect both personal loot and group loot.

Maybe we should do some Mythics on Sunday afternoon :P (although I dont know how hard they are)

Interesting hotfix for Socrethar :

Socrethar the Eternal

• Fel Dominators now spawn more frequently in all non-Mythic difficulties.
  • Soul of Socrethar's health has been reduced 15% in all non-Mythic difficulties.
  • Fel Dominators should now instantly shield Socrethar when spawning.

Seems odd to lower his health by that much to be fair!

I believe they've fixed the "easy" mode tactic Nick was trying to make us do last week to only get the 1 robot phase. It's made the encounter harder (as it was originally intended) and there's lots of whinging. So they've nerfed it's difficult if you follow the (only now) original intended method

Was playing with this while I was off.

Strongly recommend people download the Iskar Helper addon. Creates a set of raidframes during the encounter and puts an icon on the names of players affected by winds/fel bomb etc as well as who is currently holding the eye. Incredibly helpful and stops everybody shouting out everybody elses name on Skype, allowing for the tanks + healers to better co-ordinate their own callouts without worries of not being heard :)

Been reading up on Xhul'ahoc today.

Alarmingly lots of people saying it's easy etc (but then they're well geared epeen measuring Mmo champ forum posters :P)

Most seem to agree the biggest issue is the institutional awareness of raid members to avoid a purple/green mix (which was getting use during that last transition) and other than that it's "easy". (So we're screwed)

All agree you can "double damage" by hitting boss/big mob - but imps are always the priority. We were pretty good at dpsing them last night, but I think we can be better at communication pulls/interrupts (e.g. if they're close I can supernova and interrupt them all) - especially when were waiting until late in cast time to do it. I left it late a couple of times to interrupt and then someone else stepped in and we ended up wasting one of our AoE stuns/interrupts.

They suggest leaving the purple adds and just constantly sidestepping.

Other than that I can't see much else to change- just practice and improvement. (Some suggested using personal CDs to clear up more of the fire, or making sure to used a far ranged put fire near each other to explode on it's own)