Nimmel

5th Generation Muk Raiding Topic - Muklords of Draenor

Good news for most of you, cleaves and I can't make tonight as we have a badminton match, I also won't be able to make next Thursday. I know its meant to be an opt in system with the sign ups but it dosnt seem to be working so just thought I would let you know here...if the sword drops no one tell me and I won't miss it...

Also I think for normal BRF we will use group loot, the idea of personal was to try and spread the loot around with minimal fuss and then to swap to group loot after a few weeks to gear up those still missing bits however with it dropping 665 items I think this ends up with people getting loot off bosses they don't need.

As to when to start on heroic I'm not really sure, I'm in between lets try it straight away and lets kill everything on normal, and we still have highmaul to revisit as well as I'm sure people can do with upgrades from there as well. Hopefully this tier will be current for a good while to let us fit everything in to our fairly lax schedule! :)

I assume you mean BRF not Highmaul in the first bit?

In terms of heroics - see if we hit a brick wall? We went through normal fairly easily last week up to Oremuncherdude, and then only spent 30min on it (and basically just got told off by Moo for running around screaming too much)

Get to a "crunch" point then try to heroic to gear up?

Also I quite enjoyed the pug you organised to do Highmaul a couple of weeks ago Jamie, are you going to do it again?

I'm always organising PuG runs just seem to do it at a time when people aren;t about. If this is something you'd like, I'd be more than happy to get something set up on days when you're not raiding :) Can only really do Friday/Saturday as potential alt days at the moment as I'm raiding all other days.

Would also mainly be looking at doing either Heroic HM/Normal BRF runs as even for alts Normal HM just doesn't drop useful gear.

Nice to kill a new boss last night and doing 5 in an evening seemed pretty good.

I think the kill order for the last 5 will be:

Oregorger
Kromog
Blast Furnace
Iron Maidens
Blackhand

With the first two being possibly interchangeable. I suggest we stick to learning the rolly boss first mainly so I can bitch at Chauntea.

So next week will be highmaul heroic on the Thursday going for 6/7, as we have 2 or 3 people that need a fair amount of gear from there and I think most of the raid group could do with at least a couple of pieces. I will then have that lock out with the intent on using it another week to allow us to get Imperator down. Then Sunday will be back into normal BRF. The week, after tanks, permitting I want to try BRF heroic on at least one of the nights and we may want to start saving

Yo - I'm hoping to pop in for the first few bosses on this. Which ones can I contribute to (be carried) before my presence causes more damage than my meagre dps offsets - I'll make sure I have a vague understanding of the tactics.

• Upvote 1

Good gearing you up is part of why we are doing this!

Tactics

Boss 1 : Kill Ty by kiting the boss into him.

Boss 2 : Upset Ty by refusing to be one of the ranged to move in and out making him do it.

Boss 3 : Have an excuse ready so it makes it that Ty has to use one of the flame throwers.

Boss 4 : Kill Ty by kiting red mist into him, bonus points if you get him punted into the air by a giant mountain.

Boss 5 : Pretty difficult to upset Ty on this one, maybe press bloodlust at an inappropriate moment.

Boss 6 & 7 : You'll probably be too busy being dead to upset Ty.

• Upvote 3

Boss 5 : Pretty difficult to upset Ty on this one, maybe press bloodlust at an inappropriate moment.

Stand right next to/on top of him during pulverize so he get's punted halfway across the room.

Boss 6: Take the bosses shield when it's Ty's turn to.

Boss 7: Stand on top of Ty with the mages fixate.

Couldn't resist, sorry!

Sorry for the late notice but I won't be raiding tonight I as have filthy cold I might still be in game doing something that where blowing my nose every 10 secs doesn't get everyone/me killed! :P

Wait. So there's no Lenona or Moo.

That means either Tree or myself will be in charge. Let the reign of terror and/or sparkles! commence!

• Upvote 1

5/7 in a short night isn't too shabby.

Thanks to Jamos for tanking after Mot chickened out or something

Checked with the Moo. We might have him for Thursday depending on his jet-lag, so not sure what the plan is for that reset. (How hard are the "easy" HC BRF bosses meant to be in terms of numbers?)

Just to repeat - please god try to be on time/near instance/coined up (flasks etc in gbank). With people understandably needing early nights for work and then a group of people regularly arriving from 8.30 to 8.45 it just costs us a good chunk of time

Checked with the Moo. We might have him for Thursday depending on his jet-lag, so not sure what the plan is for that reset. (How hard are the "easy" HC BRF bosses meant to be in terms of numbers?)

Beastlord is the easiest by far. However, it is still a long fight. Took us about 10-12 minutes with a raid group of 23. The dps needed isn't mental as you destroy the adds with cleave damage anyway. The only conceivably hard part is the final phase after he's mounted the last beast as that can get quite healing intensive depending on how reactive people are. You also absolutely need to kill spikes throughout the course of the fight or you'll be destroyed by damage in the last phase.

The next easiest after that is H+F. Again, easy fight as long as people understand the sweet spots of standing in between the belts. Didn't seem that healer intensive and there's no real dps check to speak of.

Even Gruul isn't that bad though requires slightly more dps than the previous 2. Mainly revolves around the tanks awareness with regards to positioning the boss correctly for inferno strike.

I'd deffo give one of those a go first. Oregorger is pretty nasty as the higher dmg is noticeable. Train boss is same mechanically but again seems to have quite a tight dps check.

Hope this helps! :)