Nimmel

5th Generation Muk Raiding Topic - Muklords of Draenor

Don't tease Gatsby :(

No one can be a Mage. That is all.

Cutting people on a night is hard because there's only some times pure DPS matter, and I don't think it's fair to put that call on just John..

The early finishes are necessarily a problem on their own, but combined with late starts its limiting stuff.

Could we consider moving to 8 to 11 (assuming people turned up on time) or would that be worse for peeps?

Hehe.

I agree with John, if we want some form of advancement then hard choices may need to be made. If that means sitting out to allow for greater guild progress then I'll take my turns to do so without offence. Hugs!!

You chumps don't know how lucky you are having a monk tank on the fight! So many can't avoid red, I doubt they'd cope with having to run away every mark in the 3rd phase

Have you tried kiting it? Google it if you're not sure what kiting is.

• Upvote 1

So basically tanks and melee are bad. Healers and ranged (especially mages) are best. ;)

Bonza.

Nah Moos super pro at kiting stuff now. Even gets annoyed when he doesn't get to kite enough

'Stop dpsing the adds, I'm still kiting then into position'

I don't think I can teach you a two button rotation. It's just too complex.

Well you worked it out? :-)

No problem John I'll drop you a whisper later on tonight. In short I'm happy to play whatever is best for the guild. Apart from shadow priest, they make me die inside.

I'm not raiding every week so whatever fits in best

Agree, with all the points above.

1. I think 8-11 would suit H better I'm happy either way.

2. If you need to me to step out at any point I understand so just give me a nudge.

3. Agree with it being a DPS loss Moo 100% get that but I dont want to be stood with my back to a mine or to close to the red badness so sometimes its a better option then dying, agreed though i could move faster back behind the boss after.

4. If you want me to play DPS ranged...No :)

For those interested in this new Ask Mr Robot info-graphic stuff, here are the logs from Sunday:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/a1bd2fdf-144f-4fca-89d5-05e3405354ff/boss/imperator-margok/heroic#be=overview

It does make it quite easy to see at a glance where we're going wrong. Adds seems a major issue (the big ones) - as well as general DPS.

Tbh I think the most shocking thing in there (myself included!) and the most easily changed is the Pot Report.

Admittedly it's a bit unfair as some pulls etc didn't reach bloodlust phase for dps pots, healers might not have needed mana due to short length, tanks might not have hit a heavy damage stage....(and how to healers/tanks pre-pot :)

I can see more use having a quick look between pulls rather than an aggregate through the night for that reason, you can take each pull in context.

I'll do this more as the strength of the feature lets you dissect a pull much more quickly than havin o figure it all out in the length of a corpse run. I may ask for lots of res's in the near future

Some themes do crop up though - in general we're terrible on the big adds. Some individuals in particular are consistently at or near the bottom of the charts.

I should use the log sites more often, they've come a long way. The replay in particular seems amazing on warcraft logs. I've seen people at about our gear level tank the reaver next to the mage in the intermission. I know he gets a significant buff, but assuming the tank can mitigate that and it's quite a DPS boost for mages.

It seems quite a few guilds opt for some form of controlled AoE down of the remaining adds as well in the intermission. Need to look into that more.

I've never seen anyone tank the reaver with the mage at any gear level. Maybe you don't realise you can tank him where he runs in and he doesn't get buffed?

I'm not saying it's not possible but it's incredibly stupid. I've watched a lot of twitch streams from Method, Blood Legion, Paragon et al. Not once have I seen this strat employed.

If anything, you tank the mage on the arcane adds with deathgrip.

As for arcane adds, you kill 3-6 of them during the intermission, then when the boss lands you just group up, use all raid cooldowns and blow up the adds.

I picked three fairly random replays at out iLvl and they all did it. Not scientific to say it's a better strategy but common enough to keep an open mind about and possibly attempt. If the tank can handle it I'm not sure why that would count as "incredibly" stupid as you get splash damage on the mages - the slow killing of which was causing us problems.

Our usual strat is indeed to draw him in and tank him on the adds. The grouping up and using cool downs bit wasn't possible in te 2nd intermission for us due to the mages being alive.

I do appreciate the advice and tips from your perspective, but we're not Method and frankly sometimes lack the DPS or awareness to pull off some of their tactics we need to then work around.

Just a few notes with regards to BRF. Firstly it's amazing. Secondly, the difficulty order is a bit all over the place. Considering you guys only have 3 hours of raid time, if you want to maximise this time I would strongly recommend (If you are going normal) following this order:

- Beastlord Darmac --> Gruul --> Oregorger --> Hans'Gar and Franzok --> Operator Tho'gar. The rest is then up to you but we didn't manage to clear more than 6.

The reason i post this is mainly because Blast Furnace (The final boss of the 1st wing) is a very complex, high damage fight with a multitude of adds to deal with. On MMO-C it has been likened to Heroic Imp in terms of add numbers and overall difficulty. We managed to down it after about 45 mins of solid trying but the majority of our raid far outgears me at the moment.

Same goes for Iron Maidens, as they come at the end of Wing 2, but are only before Blackhand in terms of difficulty.

Hope this helps you utilise your raid time efficiently as I know an awful lot of guilds have lost over half their raid trying to clear wing by wing rather than going for pure difficulty order.

Good luck!

• Upvote 2