rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo

Asimov's Foundation series being adapted by HBO?

Nothing official yet but it would be great to see HBO do some science fiction.

http://www.thewrap.com/interstellars-jonah-nolan-developing-foundation-series-for-hbo-wbtv-exclusive/

HBO and Warner Bros. TV are teaming to produce a series based on Isaac Asimov's “Foundation” trilogy that will be written and produced by “Interstellar” writer Jonathan Nolan, multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.
  • Upvote 1

Damn I love the Foundation books.. well, the first two. Definitely due a re-read. This is cool news if true!

It would be good if they adapted it in the order written and start on Terminus with the origins all being a bit uncertain. If they make it a big Hari Seldon on Trantor thing it could get a bit SyFy movie of the week.

They should get Chris Cunningham to direct it!

I've not been paying attention, are you going to need Apple hardware to view their content? 

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Well shit I guess I have to watch this if Jared Harris is in it.

Imagine a scene where he does a lecture on psychohistory, with slide cards.  It'll rock so hard!

• Upvote 3

Interesting, first I'd heard of this. Foundation were some of my favourite novels when I was a teenager. I bought the first one on a whim from a charity shop, cos I'd read I Robot and thought I'd try something else by Asimov. I then went through the whole set over the next month or so, wonderful books that felt extra special to me for "discovering" them. 

As a TV series this could possibly work, and as each book (parts of books) jumps forward in time they could concentrate on a series per time period. The absolutely worse thing they could do is reduce the amount of time the stores span over. I wonder if they will start with Prelude or Forward the Foundation? Bring R Daneel into it at the beginning...

On 22/10/2019 at 19:53, Alex W. said:

Well shit I guess I have to watch this if Jared Harris is in it.

I think you mean Lee Pace AND Jared Harris. 

• Upvote 2