rllmuk
Lorfarius

Master System Appreciation Thread

There were a couple of different releases for Ultima IV - the first release was packaged with the map & 2 books, and exists in English, French & German (the books are a diferent colour for each language).

At some point after this it was re-released, without the extras and just with a standard multi-language manual.

You're probably going to have to pay around £70 if you want a complete copy with all the extras, they don't come up on Ebay that often.

EDIT: Here is a copy! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultima-IV-for-Sega-Master-System-Includes-rare-books-/151491981002?

• Upvote 1

£130. It's mint so i'm very happy with it, I could maybe have waited it out and got a cheaper copy down the line but the price could have gone back up to around £200 so took the plunge!

I'm trying to go for all the rare/hard to find titles first before getting the easier ones. Going to take a good while but I'll get there! A complete copy of Championship Hockey will probably end up costing me £200 which is annoying, so hard to find though.

BR tends to go for around £150 so it's a good enough price. CH can be a funny one, a copy recently went for £75 on eBay as the seller had been listing it as a BIN for close to £200 for ages. In the end I think he must have given up and just accepted it to get rid. Will be the same with other sellers eventually, they don't help as it is pushing up prices.

I've just had my mind BLOWN today! Spent some time playing with the MS Everdrive I received (doing a review for my podcast soon) and I'd heard rumours that the Japanese version (or Mark III) of Enduro Racer was a bit different with its title screen etc. Plugged it in to see that was the case plus it has a whole other track! This completely changes the challenge and game itself especially as you race it a couple of times with cars and bikes, the amazing thing is it can be quite difficult seeing as its the very first track you face. I can only assume when Sega wanted to make the budget games it decided to slash the 2 Megabit size of the MKIII version down to fit on the piddly budget cart so things like the title screen and a whole track were slashed. I'm just gobsmacked after loving this game for so, so long and finding this out I feel like I've been ripped off all these years :lol:

• Upvote 4

Everdrive's brilliant, isn't it? Definitely check out Hang On 2 for SG1000 versus MS Hang On. I wonder if there's more examples like that.

Looks mint :) I've been looking at that one for a while, waiting for a nice copy! :)

EDIT: Lorfarius, there is a copy of Ultima for £29.99 on Ebay, might interest you. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultima-IV-master-system-game-/251743582365?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a9d16389d

Is that considered a good deal for Ultima IV? I had a copy of it for ages and I seem to recall it fetched pence when I sold off all my SMS stuff.

I just want to say I love this thread. The Master System to me is / was this mythical rival to the NES, but from learning about it in later years, it seems awesome.

I'm collecting for the Megadrive these days, but one day that will extend to getting the MS Converter and maybe picking up some titles. Thanks to all who are contributing here :)

• Upvote 2

I'm getting rid of most my collection, just listed a few games on the trading thread will list more when I can.

I've got consoles, games & accessories to clear out.

... :mellow:...

It's all gotta go, I have no space for it all.

I need to also find my neo geo stuff for jonnycash which I've been promising for the last few months.

With xmas I'm going to spend some time just getting everything together to sort out into consoles bundles with games etc & just do a job lot to clear it all off.