rllmuk
Lorfarius

Master System Appreciation Thread

I know it's a pain! Always trying to find the right thing to collect :lol: I'm pretty determined with this one because if I do start to get a bit bored later on I can branch out into the MD, seems a natural progression.

It's def not Danan. I'll prolly just end up finding it in the games I amass, just annoying I can't recall what it was.

I'd film it but the CRT TV comes up with awful black bars, not sure how to fix that :( It's one hell of a fast game, surprised me at just how quickly the screen moves along when he picks up speed.

I'd film it but the CRT TV comes up with awful black bars, not sure how to fix that :( It's one hell of a fast game, surprised me at just how quickly the screen moves along when he picks up speed.

Is it fun to play? How does it look, for a MS game?

I love games with the less high profile super heroes.

It's a bit like Tazmania and Sonic rolled into one, so a really fast collect em all platformer. Flash has a speed spin attack which looks likes Taz's whirlwind, its difficult but a lot of fun to play.

It's a bit like Tazmania and Sonic rolled into one, so a really fast collect em all platformer. Flash has a speed spin attack which looks likes Taz's whirlwind, its difficult but a lot of fun to play.

Might be worth a look. I'm not interested on a full collection, but I'd like to get some that I enjoyed playing decades ago, and a few curiosities.

Right..challenge time! Anyone with a copy of Enduro Racer? Finish the full game and post a screenshot of the main title (shows what you did) in here.

I did this on an emulator over the summer - still a great game!

It seems to go for around £30 on average, I was just lucky someone was selling it for £20 and snapped it up quick :(

Yes, I think I'll probably give it a miss. Just watched a youtube of the gameplay and I don't think I'd get my money's worth. Your description was spot on.

Batman Returns has all the hallmarks of a great game but its let down by its lack of health bar. The difficulty is NES Batman levels yet you only have 1 hit and you are dead! So frustrating to play as I kept thinking its great with the grappling hook but there's nothing more annoying than swinging across to clip something and then you are dead, stops exploration :(

As I predicted Splatter House 3 turned up today. Described as excellent condition, spine is badly sun-faded.

Edit. And I've received a £10 refund, which makes up for the resale value of it now.

Batman Returns has all the hallmarks of a great game but its let down by its lack of health bar. The difficulty is NES Batman levels yet you only have 1 hit and you are dead! So frustrating to play as I kept thinking its great with the grappling hook but there's nothing more annoying than swinging across to clip something and then you are dead, stops exploration :(

But when you die you restart almost exactly where you left off, and extra lives are pretty plentiful. This means that with a bit of practice, in the process of completing the first two levels (at least on the easier Route 1 versions) you can build up so many lives that by the time you hit levels 3 and 4, you can almost treat each death as a single hit-point on a health bar!

(... Having said that: I only got to the last boss a couple of times, and I don't think I ever beat him.)

• Upvote 1

Lorfarius, on 20 Nov 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:

How much was it?

Cost me top dollar at £39 which is the going rate for it generally. I've got the mega drive version and it's good fun. I would preferred to have paid less but it's a bit of a difficult game to find, especially in it's condition. Still, happy to have it in my collection. :)

• Upvote 1

Skint myself this month but received the last of my binge buys:

photo2_zps354f9c28.jpg

Crash Dummies is weirdly fantastic! Its a strange mix of daft mini games but they are all pretty fun aiming to destroy the dummies. GnGs is a strange one it looks fantastic but there's only ever a couple of enemies on screen and its really slow to move, with a bit more speed it'd be a great version but its pretty meh as is. Sadly it was sold as being in fantastic condition yet it's got an ex rental sticker on the back and some old label ripping on the front, luckily it doesn't touch the original sticker but it will be a pain to get rid :(

• Upvote 1

EwASlZ.jpg

My latest deliveries! :) Asterix is mint which I'm really happy about. Ghouls 'n Ghosts is a bit of a strange one on the master system, you're right in saying that with a bit of extra speed, it would be a lot better. It's playable though.

I've already got the original, only missing the secret mission which I'll pick up soon. The Great rescue is one of the more rarer Master System games, can be a bit pricey at times. If you pick it up for any cheaper than £35 for a complete copy, you're doing well. Just another for the collection! :)

So what made you pick the Great Rescue? I think it's meant to be the worst of the Asterix games :(

It's one of the worst Master System games. Especially after how great the first game was.

Skint myself this month but received the last of my binge buys:

photo2_zps354f9c28.jpg

Crash Dummies is weirdly fantastic! Its a strange mix of daft mini games but they are all pretty fun aiming to destroy the dummies. GnGs is a strange one it looks fantastic but there's only ever a couple of enemies on screen and its really slow to move, with a bit more speed it'd be a great version but its pretty meh as is. Sadly it was sold as being in fantastic condition yet it's got an ex rental sticker on the back and some old label ripping on the front, luckily it doesn't touch the original sticker but it will be a pain to get rid :(

I always quite liked the MS version of Ghouls and Ghosts, seemed easier than the MD and insane SNES versions

It's one of the worst Master System games. Especially after how great the first game was.

To be fair, it's sitting next to the Tiertex-produced Strider 2, which makes it the best game in that photo by about 20,000 parsecs.

New arrival!

photo_zps7e159ea7.jpg

Saw this at £15 with a couple of minutes to go so had to stick a bid on. Usually goes for £20-£25 so was surprised to win it so easily. Its in amazing condition as close to new as you can get plus its a pretty decent port to boot.