The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS

Broker

Mario Hat arrived yesterday.... all crumpled. :( Wipe Clean only it says, so can't iron the thing.

Meanwhile, I got my free hat on Monday, and it's every bit as naff as I'd anticipated. It's a lot more problematic than I'd expected, however, having left me in an irritating position.

Specifically: I (pre)-ordered MM to my current address, so's I'd get the free hat, with the intention of changing the delivery address once the hat had arrived to the address that I'm moving to at the beginning of December, as their webstore doesn't support listing separate addresses for different items within an order. Figuring that, with Majora's Mask not out until next year, Nintendo would allow me to change the delivery address without issue, right?

Wrong. They don't allow address changes, at all. No matter the reason: no matter the fact that it's a preorder for a game that isn't out for over a quarter of a year, and people might have changes of circumstances in that time; no matter the fact that every single fucking online store in the history of the world allows you to change your address as long as it's in advance of the item being packaged up. Straight up refusal. After repeated conversations with customer services staff, it's been made clear that my only option is to cancel the order and reorder it to the new address.

Only, because the hat has been received, the order can't be cancelled. So the only option left is to return the hat (at my own expense, of course), then cancel the order once they've received it, then reorder MM again (without the hat, as that offer is no longer applicable). That, or hope that my mail redirect catches the game (not too safe a bet, as Nintendo either send by Royal Mail (should be fine) or Yodel (not at all fine), and can't tell you in advance which it'll be).

Frankly, right now I'm leaning towards option C - return the hat, cancel the order, and not reorder the sodding game, because if Nintendo are really this determined to make online shopping such a hassle then I think I'll just keep the £45.

Cancel the order. Keep the hat. Buy from somewhere else.

Cancel it then give me the hat

Er...

Only, because the hat has been received, the order can't be cancelled. So the only option left is to return the hat (at my own expense, of course), then cancel the order once they've received it, then reorder MM again (without the hat, as that offer is no longer applicable)

(for what it's worth, I think that part of their process is reasonable - I got a promotional gift, obviously I should return it if I cancel the order it was associated with. The problem is, I don't want to cancel my order, so I feel like I'm being punished for Nintendo's shitty store policies)

I thought you didn't like Zelda games?

I've not enjoyed a Zelda game to date (unless you count Hyrule Warriors), but I've made a go of every 'classic' except Majora's Mask* in order to make sure I'm not missing out on anything. This seemed a good opportunity to give it a try. If it gelled with me then I'd be happy to have the collector's edition, if it didn't then I'd be able to sell it on with minimal loss. Or, at least, that was the plan.

Wiper, send me your hat, I'll send you my crumpled hat, which you didn't want anyway, because you wanted to cancel the order, but when you get the game, sell it. Job done.

Damn it man, I don't want to cancel my order!

*LTTP, OOT, WW, LBW, and I finally played a few dungeons into Link's Awakening on the 3DS last week

I just used the extremely high resolution images that were released by nintendo and uploaded them to picanova (or any other canvas printer). On a deal i got both for £48 including postage which isn't bad considering the size of them. Photo doesn't do them justice.

Can probably find download links if you want them.

• 1 month later...

Pre-order at GAME, and get a free ...er, paperweight?

BQ2L9Ce.png

Standard edition only apparently.

SE and DL customers can go jump

Preorder The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Standard Edition and receive a bonus item with your order.

Customers who preorder the Standard Edition of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D with GAME will receive an exclusive bonus Majora's Mask themed Paperweight with their copy of the game!

Please note, this offer is not available for the Special Edition or download version of the game.

• 2 weeks later...