The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS

Broker

Ok, so it's really just the extra buttons etc. with the new version?

I see it doesn't come with a charger (which I find bizarre, but whatever). What are my charging options?

The new version has much better 3D, faster loading, faster os and improved graphics on some games. Also has future titles only playable on the new model. You'd be daft going for the older model now.

I've made a huge mistake. I bought the Majora's Mask folio kit thingy from Game... and it's horrible. I wanted something discreet and Zelda-themed to keep my shiny new 3DSXL in, but this thing is GINORMOUS, and shiny like cheapness personified, and the giant styluses are clearly meant for actual Gorons, and the cleaning cloth - complete with map of Termina on it! - is considerably smaller than one of the 3DS screens.
If anyone wants it, I'd be quite happy to give it away. First person to PM me with an address can have it.

post-26086-0-67804800-1424197535.jpg

I guess struggling more on what to do and where to go, I found myself walking around for about 45 minutes trying to find the fairy in the opening part! haha :)

Trust me, if you have the time it's definitely more rewarding this way. Knowing who does what in the town, where people go, before you eventually step out of Clock Town. Fairly sure I crashed the moon at least twice or more before I figured I should probably concentrate on the bomber kids quest. The concept of time was it's own unique joy to wrap yourself in, in the day.

So i did the opening bit with the bomber boys and got to the telescope, ran out of time where i'd been exploring for ages. The moon crashed and i'm back to the start, am i right in thinking i have to do it all and get the ocarina to stop this happening again?

I'm finding Majora's Mask very difficult to get into for some reason; Ocarina of Time 3D, Wind Waker HD and A Link Between Worlds I got straight quickly into and made progress straight away, with MM I haven't reached the first dungeon yet, and don't have a clue how to get pretty much any of the items. (There are guides online of course, but I don't like reducing top-tier games like this to a mechanical process of follow guide, complete action, repeat.) Probably has thrown me off as it is a lot less obvious/signposted that some of the more recent Zelda games, and unlike Wind Waker, I can barely remember anything about the game. It literally feels like playing an entirely new game to me, which is good I guess, and I'm definitely prepared to overcome to the initial frustrations I'm currently experiencing.

It is just to allow you to fast forward to certain points quickly so that you do not have to wait around. Particularly useful in the beginning if you have done everything you need to do very quickly but have to wait around for a while for a significant event to occur.

Stick with it. The game's structure is quite a deviation from the norm for Zelda games; however it is all the richer for it. It takes a while to get into the mindset of how to play, when to continue on and when to warp back to the first day, but it is all very logical once the rules of the world 'click'. Very few games create a world as full of detail and event as this one. Working out all those little puzzles and finding all the rewards makes this a very memorable game.

Yeah that's what makes it special. It is quite punishing at the start but it needs to teach you the gravity (heh) of the situation, and consequently the need to manipulate time.

Dropping you back in clock town and erasing everything is a brilliant mechanic because it stops you from following one linear track and persuades you to consider the game as a whole. It's so unique, it's genius.

Ahh makes sense, thanks. Why would I need to fast forward time with the scarecrow though, is that for a reason or dependent on how quick I get the other bits done?

Just simply that now you know what to do you can pretty much wrap up the first few tasks in the space of the first game day, and then you need to...well, you'll see.

Oh, and re. our earlier discussions, I tried the camera control stick. Completely pointless, adds nothing useful to the game, and thankfully - completely ignorable. But the little nub itself is horribly stiff and the game simply does not need it. I actually can't imagine many people finding it very useful to use on the fly because it feels so stiff and slow.

Conversely, I find it useful for looking around and adjusting my view. There are even (admittedly few) occasions when the original z-button-view-centring system is inadequate. Sometimes you want to shift the camera to the direction Link is facing, but Tatl is hovering over an NPC or something, so the camera centres on them instead. Irritating, and on those occasions the c-stick is perfect.

I agree that it's weirdly stiff and unresponsive, but I think that's a fault with the 3DS rather than the game

I quite like the camera control on the old XL with the Circle Pad Pro, but that is probably more that the extra bulk of the CPP add-on makes the console easier to hold for extended periods.

It is quite nice moving the camera around, it certainly has value when you are in open spaces and want to see any enemies, chests and other items in the vicinity.

I fail at life... I had to use a sheikah stone.

I thought the Goron Elder was

in the snow temple... I had forgotten that he was frozen outside ... even thought I'd already thawed him out and spoken to him a few days before.

I blame the patchy nature of playing it only on commutes.