The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS

Broker

All you people waiting for Game have it easy. I bought mine from Amazon.fr and it's currently in Germany. So glad I saved that £20 now.

All you people waiting for it to arrive from Game Germany have it easy. I bought mine from Amazon.fr and it's currently in Germany still not even been shipped. So glad I saved that £20 now.

Back when the original Majoras Mask was released I was sadly one of those guys who didn't like it. But I was willing to give it another go with this 3DS remake.....and something has happened.....I may be ready to join the other side.

I don't know what it is, maybe back on the N64 I was just expecting Ocarina of Time 2 (OOT still being my favourite game ever). But now 15 years later I think I finally appreciate what a great game this is. Usually I don't bother that much with side quests in the Zelda series, but now with the aid of the bombers notebook I want to do it all. Including that specific side story.

This is the first time I've properly played it (I tried the Gamecube version years ago but gave up after about an hour).

It's really grabbed me. The work they've done to the graphics, and the fact that the 3DS facilitates the item/mask switching gameplay so well makes this fantastic. I've just finished the second temple (which I didn't like as much as the first as I was getting horribly lost) and it's right up there with Ocarina so far. Also, it feels really weird and dark at times, mainly down to the music and the weird looking characters. Loving it.

Huh. I'm struggling with this format to be honest. I Completed the woodland template and then gave me a prize but I had to chase a butler down to get it - didn't have enough time so had to reset the 3 days.

Have I lost all progress? Does that whole dungeon need to be completed again? Is the prize I didn't reach in time gone?

I'll answer with spoilers

You need to beat the boss again. Don't worry you don't need to complete the entire dungeon from scratch; when you re-enter the boss will challenge you and there's a warp right to him. Then you get the princess and the prize is yours once you reach the end of the maze by following the Butler. Make sure you have enough time, use the reverse song of time to slow it down if you need to. I use it all the time.

I don't have that song yet but don't tell me it, I assume it'll reveal itself in time.

errr....not really. You can play the song whenever, but if you want to find out what it is for yourself it's almost a little side thing that not everybody may find.

My best advice to anyone new to this, or not, is to not to worry too much about where to go next, or the main quest. Just explore. Have a look around and follow your nose. Before long you'll be following your own little quests and just doing whatever interests you.

It's so densely packed with stuff to do you'll never get bored.

Generally the process I go through is to get myself to the Owl Statue just outside the temple, then play the Song of Time to go to the start, immediately play the Reverse Song Of Time to slow things down and then the Song of Soaring to bring me right to the entrance. Usually does the trick :)

That said, Snowhead Temple pushed things pretty close - it's quite easy to lose yourself in there, and some of the stray fairies take some finding.

First time player in here, the only other Zelda I've had a decent bash at is Wind Waker (Got it again on the Wii U but haven't started it yet)

Struggling to understand what to do exactly, and how the timer system works. Can anyone give me the basics, thanks :)

Ok, I can't resist this any longer.

I've never owned a 3DS. Is this the latest model?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Nintendo-Zelda-Majoras-Mask/dp/B00SFMM0BW/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424185333&sr=1-8&keywords=nintendo+3ds

and is that a good/normal price?

Any reason to go for the original console and a separate copy of the game?

It is bizarre - and incredibly stingy. Just buy the official charger separately, is your best bet - although you can get a cable that charges from a USB port too. The new console itself obviously does better 3D (well, it's the same effect but less dependent on the sweet spot, which is important), and has the extra nub thing. So in themselves they might be worth the extra money to you. Not worth my upgrading my 'old' ALBW 3DS XL, though.

NB - Get A Link Between Worlds as well, if you get the 3DS. Best Zelda in many years.