Just Cause 3

gospvg

This is pretty enjoyable it has to be said. A bit rough around the edges for sure (that map) But you can forgive It when there's so much freedom on offer, although once again I'm reminded that post Zelda not being able to climb any surface feels glitchy. 

The tether mechanic and the physics work well, I look forward to messing about with it more. 

19 hours ago, Stanley said:

This is pretty enjoyable it has to be said. A bit rough around the edges for sure (that map) But you can forgive It when there's so much freedom on offer, although once again I'm reminded that post Zelda not being able to climb any surface feels glitchy. 

The tether mechanic and the physics work well, I look forward to messing about with it more. 

Well the grappling hook and parachute means there are no invisible walls in the game and every mountain/building can be scaled.  Or do you mean rock climber style?  Seems a strange accusation to throw at a game that offers massive freedom.

I got this on plus, it's gloriously over the top, it's like GTA with Michael Mann in charge of the dynamite. Explosion not big enough? don't worry they'll be a big one along in a minute. I'm mostly just clearing the villages at the moment to the point where I can't recall the last mission I did. The PS4 makes it very easy to upload some highlights of stupidity:

14 hours ago, SF-02 said:

Its wonderful. Couldn't give a shit about a bit of slowdown. Reminded again that gamers on forum love a moan

How does it compare to the near constant slowdown of Zelda BoTW on wii u? It's not really hampering my enjoyment of the game but my god is it laggy...

Also this game will be mine when my student loan comes in. Can't wait to rocket boost cows.

Is there an open world online in this game? Why isn't it regarded as the best thing ever? JC2 was so good with its tethers and physics...

• 4 weeks later...

The wingsuit is a joy.

I bought it on PC release, but never gave it much time because it was plagued by technical issues. The game would slow to a stuttering crawl, frequently freeze up, shit like that. Been back playing it this last week and enjoying it much more now that it's pretty stable (and I guess some new hardware helps). Wingsuit aside, it does feel pretty much like more Just Cause 2.

But that's what I wanted really.

49 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

The wingsuit is a joy.

I bought it on PC release, but never gave it much time because it was plagued by technical issues. The game would slow to a stuttering crawl, frequently freeze up, shit like that. Been back playing it this last week and enjoying it much more now that it's pretty stable (and I guess some new hardware helps). Wingsuit aside, it does feel pretty much like more Just Cause 2.

But that's what I wanted really.

Yep, Just Cause 3 mechanics and Just Cause 2 map and technical smoothness and you have a real winner.  It is also a series I think would be a lot of fun with some sort of online multiplayer.  Hopefully Just Cause 4 may appear and be the best of all the games.