Just Cause 3

gospvg

Heli'd to the top of the tallest mountain yesterday and then couldn't resist wing suiting off the top - took 2.5mins to hit sea level and just felt amazing.

Everyone should do this, it feels great.

I would like to see a future based Just cause with floating cities, structures and the ability to swing about with the tether.

Well this just gets better and better. It's a shame people's console experience has been soured by performance, but on a reasonable PC this shines and has exceeded all my expectations and shot right past MGSV to game of the year contender (still don't fancy its chances against Witcher though).

What amazes me the most is how the gameplay changes. How I approached a stronghold in the first five hours is completely different to how I took them on at 10-15 hours and now at 30 hours an enemy base that would have taken thoughtful planning and 20 minutes of time goes boom in under a minute. The empowerment is utterly amazing.

It is also one of the most well realised and beautiful open worlds I've had the pleasure to explore and I would happily mention it in the same breath as GTAV (performance problems aside).

Incredible game. What a year for open worlds.

36 hours, 57% completed so far and still no patch, I'll have finished it by then.

Set a waypoint earlier about 4km away, happily wing suiting away when midway there I spotted a small enemy base. I zeroed in on the base, engaged chute and rained death from above, under 2 mins later base was done, I switched to wingsuit and carried onto my destination all without touching the ground :coffee:

Working my way around the map, clearing cities & bases, feels awesome. The upgrades to the game systems & objectives from Just Cause 2 have injected just the right amount of newness & variety to stop it feeling like the same stuff over again, & i'm enjoying refining my technique to take out targets, alternating between full-on firepower, getting into Firefights or hit-&-run tactics, & sometimes switching on the fly between all 3 in the same run.

The missions have been interesting, IMO they're better than the ones in JC2 with more variety, but I admit I find some of the challenges a chore & only do them to try & unlock upgrades. I don't feel inclined to 100%/5 Gear them all though, so if I don't, I wonder if might find that there's no spare gears in the game & I won't be able to get all the upgrades.

And done. Cleared every base and liberated teh whole map too, but still have a few challenges here and there.

This was a big surprise for me. I played JC 1 and 2 and neither really clicked with me. This did though and I honestly had an absolute blast with it. As an open world action game it's up there with GTAV (and maybe even pips it for pure fun factor).

And done. Cleared every base and liberated teh whole map too, but still have a few challenges here and there.

This was a big surprise for me. I played JC 1 and 2 and neither really clicked with me. This did though and I honestly had an absolute blast with it. As an open world action game it's up there with GTAV (and maybe even pips it for pure fun factor).

Quite an effort! I have played about 10 hours and not even sure I have done a proper mission yet, I just cant stop fannying around.

Patch hits PS4 today.

Hey all, I'm FistofZeno, from the JC3 Team (taking over from the lovely Petra for now), and I've got a bit of news for you today.

We’re pleased to announce that Patch 1.02 is coming to PC & consoles this week. The patch will be hitting PS4 in Europe first this afternoon, rolling out across other consoles over the next day or two, pending final approvals, with the PC version landing on Friday. Since launch, we’ve been poring over your reviews and comments to help us prioritise our fixes accordingly. We know many of you have been patiently awaiting this patch, and this update is part of a much larger plan to optimize and improve the game. Thanks for your patience here.

In the 1.02 patch (132.1MB), you can expect:

*Significantly improved loading times

*Optimizations to online stats

*General stability fixes

*Fixed an issue related to challenges, wherein vehicles sometimes disappeared when starting a challenge

*Fixed issues related to screen resizing and closing the game window before the game has fully started up [PC Only]

To those of you still having issues, rest assured we are working hard to alleviate these, and are listening very closely to everything that’s being said.

While the patch will improve performance on the whole, we’ve listened to some of the other concerns raised about the game and put together a little list of points which might alleviate these issues:

UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES You can skip cutscenes, in fact – all you need to do is hold B on your gamepad, or hit ‘Skip’ from the pause menu.

NO SPRINT BUTTON This isn’t an oversight; it’s very much intended. Our designer’s intent was to encourage you to use Rico’s unique grapple to move around Medici far quicker than his legs would allow, as well as giving you the ability to traverse vertically.

NO CROUCH Rico doesn’t hide. Getting him up in the air is our version of the cover mechanic. Rico is far more deadly in the skies, than pinned behind a container on the ground.

FINDING THE LAST CHAOS OBJECT While there’s no mini-map to help you liberate bases and towns, you can always bring up your map to help find Chaos objects. When you’re down to the last few objects in any given settlement, an approximate location for these will be displayed on the map.

For more hints and tips for improving your experience and really getting the most out of the game, check out our Hints and Tips threadon the Steam hub, and feel free to add your own.

Again, a huge thanks for your support over the past week, and look out for more news soon.

-FistofZeno

Quite interesting that they actually addressed the no sprint/no crouch/no minimap. Guess theyve had a lot of complaints.

I'm still having a blast with it. Bottom two groups of islands totally liberated, all challenges completed to 3 start minimum. Working my way to liberating the mainland now before actually doing any quests there. Liberation is the best part of the game, easily, but I'm quite enjoying the wingsuit challenges too.

So, has anyone noticed an improvement on load times after the patch (ps4) . They said "significantly improved load times"

Just given it a quick go and I honestly can't tell a difference. Just quickly tried though, haven't properly checked.

Initial load still is a lengthy affair but loads from there on in all seemed a lot better to me.

Stupid question time, how do I get a rebel drop, I have a good few cars in there now but standing around the big blue market on the ground does nothing?

You have to go to the Rebel Drop menu (via touchpad on PS4 and whatever the equivalent is on Xbone / PC) You can request up to three weapons and a vehicle and are then prompted to throw a beacon to get the drop. Just make sure you are standing on a flat surface when you chuck the beacon to call in the drop - I was on a slight slope when requesting a helicopter and the bloody thing exploded on impact when it landed :lol: