rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
smac

Detectorists - Series 3 - BBC 4 10pm This Wednesday

Yes! So looking forward to this.

The Christmas Special got 480,000 viewers. It should be getting MILLIONS. Tell everyone you know to watch series 3.

• Upvote 1

Excellent. I thought it ended very well after the special. Hopefully Toby is back for more. Along with Paul Giamatti he is probably my favourite actor working today.

• Upvote 1

I've just spotted that BBC2 are repeating series 1, starting tonight at 10pm. A great chance to catch if you missed it first time around.

• Upvote 8

Watched this again last night as it was on. 

What a wonderful piece of tv it is. Absolutely sublime. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, I completely missed that news at the time (shame, it was announced on my birthday :D ) - that's brilliant news. I hope that they can maintain the quality since it sort of feels like the tale has been told now. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/05/2017 at 17:20, MarkN said:

I've just spotted that BBC2 are repeating series 1, starting tonight at 10pm. A great chance to catch if you missed it first time around.

Yeah, I thought for a minute that it was S3, but they haven't started filming yet according to that earlier announcement.

5 minutes ago, smac said:

Yeah, I thought for a minute that it was S3, but they haven't started filming yet according to that earlier announcement.

Me too. And then when I found it was series 1 I was actually kinda happy, because it meant I could watch it all over again.

I recorded the first one, and watched it last night - it's still brilliant. I've not been keeping a list of my favourite TV and film swearing until now, but the "Fuck Off!" by Rachael Stirling when asked if she wants to go to the meeting about buttons is going very high up the list - it's glorious.

• Upvote 1

Was great to hear the always wondrous voices of The Unthanks too. I’ve since read that particular song, Magpie, was Crooks’ inspiration/motivation to write this third series.

Genuinely wonderful TV, athough Terry’s wife seems to be hamming it up somewhat this time round...

This goes from strength to strength. Episode 3's chase sequence was sublime, and the awkward scenes with in Toni in episode 4 were so funny.

Spoiler

One little detail I have noticed. Andy's jobs for the temp agency - all of them involve walking up and down with a gadget in hand. Trimming verges, waxing floors, painting white lines, spraying weeds. 

• Upvote 1