IGNORED

Matt Gray C64 remix Kickstarter

merman

Launched today (2nd November), fans of classic C64 games should check out this Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1289191009/reformation-c64-track-remakes-by-matt-gray-last-ni

Original composer Matt Gray is remixing his classic compositions, including Last Ninja 2, Driller and Dominator.

Planned as a 2-CD set initially, stretch goals include the possibility of even more music, a limited edition vinyl and even the chance for Matt to write you an original tune.

Already at £19,000 and rising!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 days to go. It would be great if this hit £60k so everyone gets a whole extra disc of music. It's gone up a couple of thousand in the last day but please let anyone else know about this to give it a good boost in the last few days. It's a real shame it won't hit £75k as the Sanxion loader remake sounds amazing -

(this track will be given to backers though, thankfully)

He should really, he'd clean up.

But it's looking likely this will hit the £60k mark which means a 3 disc album (well, 5 disc for us level 3 backers). I really cannot wait. I'll be honest and say I'm looking forward to the Last Ninja 2 remake CD more than the rest.

Bah, that's a shame, about Whittaker that is. :( I was hoping to come in here and find he'd at least have an album out ala Chris Hülsbeck. I still listen to his Turrican album occasionally. Thinking about it, Whittaker would probably be my most wanted for my music collection. His sotb stuff for instance, bloody hell so evocative. Maybe copyrights issues have prevented him from doing it? Anyway sorry don't want to derail the thread.

• 2 years later...

New KS for the follow-up to Reformation: Reformation 2

I backed the first and have to say the music is pure Matt Gray, really evocative of his C64 stuff which had a very unique style.

Looking at the prices on this one is making my eyes water, however. £20 for a digital download? £64 for a double CD (limited to 250, half have gone as I write this). I'd love to add this to my original but at those prices, jeez.

Plus I fear the main reason for the success of the first was the Last Ninja 2 soundtrack remake, which turned out great. This second collection really doesn't feel that essential in comparison.