rllmuk
Wizcat

Arcade Club (Bury and now Leeds)

Our delayed office Christmas party was here last Friday. Still an amazing place but this time with a free bar and just us lot in there. I had a great time.

They had APB, my C64 conversion of this game was my most well received C64 title. I even took a photo whilst forgetting to smile.

apb.thumb.jpg.6a5ab8aa048dbf48412052b8121858a2.jpg

Edited by carleton
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, carleton said:

Our delayed office Christmas party was here last Friday. Still an amazing place but this time with a free bar and just us lot in there. I had a great time.

Ack, missed it again!

11 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Whats TBL?

A team Carleton and I worked together on recently. Didn't get an invite in 2017, had left the team by Christmas 2918. I've still never been to Arcade Club!

Fooking lovely to come back after two months and find my top score has been beaten but still third of everyone at Tron :wub:

gives me summit to aim for - already beaten previous best today

IMG_24Mar2019at124638.thumb.jpg.76fa4ef56ce0654181fd7cb81077c00a.jpgI’ve been practising on bombjack in anticipation of my next visit. Can’t wait. 

In other news, Floor two is open for under 18s over Easter. 

02450E40-ACC1-47F8-A6D9-C9385D6CFF10.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Two new personal best scores but I cannot believe I failed to break two million on Star Wars, I heard the reactor port take a torpedo hit before I lost my last shield :blah:

269076BC-F75C-4145-A30F-43450CD9B106.jpeg

6C954B23-DEBC-41BC-888C-DAFDB651BBF9.jpeg

I had no idea that there was a Leeds one opening soon:omg:!!

As a somewhat more mature gamer, much of my early gaming was indeed done in arcades with me as often (every 5-6 weeks) as I had cash going to either penny arcade Leeds (Gauntlet and Nemesis) Harry Ramsdens in Guiseley (Slap Fight, Double Dragon, Nemesis), or one in Wakefield (that I had to get two trains to!!) that had the insanely good at the time two seater Virtua Racing,  Nemesis, Salamander, Vulcan Venture, Alien Syndrome and a good few others too!!

As such I've been meaning to take the 1 1/14 hour drive to Bury for a good while especially as the owner bought a massive 36" Toshiba CRT (quite possibly the heaviest thing ever made) from me to use in there and said that in return he'd let me and a mate in for free.

Anyway never got round to it now but I'll 100% be going to the Leeds one as it's only a 10-15 minute drive from where I live. That said it's also only a 20 min bus ride and literally 100 yards from there there's a cracking pub (The Kirkstall Bridge inn) which does some great beers and lovely food too. 

Leeds meet anyone?? It's dead easy to get to for anyone coming into Leeds, with load of busses taking the 10 mins tops journey out of Leeds centre and passing within 30 yards of it.

Beer. Food. Video Games. Beer. Video games (repeat as required)  :wub:.  

Talking to a mate of mine who's involved in setting the Leeds one up he says it's going to put the Bury one to shame :o

BTW @womble9 I totally saw your CRT at the weekend - it just caught my eye as I was wondering around as I used to have a 32" one and remember my brother in law collecting when gave it him for free, was hilarious :lol:

20 hours ago, womble9 said:

As such I've been meaning to take the 1 1/14 hour drive to Bury for a good while especially as the owner bought a massive 36" Toshiba CRT (quite possibly the heaviest thing ever made) from me to use in there and said that in return he'd let me and a mate in for free.

9 hours ago, linkster said:

BTW @womble9 I totally saw your CRT at the weekend - it just caught my eye as I was wondering around as I used to have a 32" one and remember my brother in law collecting when gave it him for free, was hilarious :lol:

Is this the one by the door before you enter floor 3 - bloody massive thing!

25 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Is this the one by the door before you enter floor 3 - bloody massive thing!

Possibly but the one i spotted was at the back of floor 2 by the massive Mario Kart projector

Me and a couple of mates have finally managed to coordinate diaries and found a day we can go. Friday 24th May, in fact.

We're now trying to decide whether we should all be taking a day off, half a day off or going after work.

Opinions? How long can you realistically spend in there without getting bored? 

Arcade Club Leeds opens 30th May! Huzzah! 

They Are are going to be showing some of the new machines on their Facebook over the next few days. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/04/2019 at 08:56, Gord said:

Forever.

On 28/04/2019 at 18:57, phresh said:

You'll need at least 5 hours so start with that.

On 28/04/2019 at 20:40, Stoppy2000 said:

I went on a Sunday and did about 11am til 6pm. Played everything I wanted to but could still have stayed longer. So I'd say aim for a 5 hour stint. 

Aiming to get there when it opens on Friday (6pm) and will be there until the kick us out (midnight). 

Can't wait!

The food is decent enough - last time I was there I had nachos and later a pizza, and they were not that expensive (fiver each) and tasted pretty good.

The main benefit is that you're getting more time at Arcade Club rather than messing around getting food elsewhere :) 

And you get to keep playing whilst your food is prepared.  Staff will give you a balloon, then bring your food to you when it's done.

• Upvote 1