rllmuk
Wizcat

Arcade Club (Bury and now Leeds)

Went to this last night, even better than I thought. Stayed until chucking out time and didn't play half the stuff I wanted to. Turns out I know the owner and he even has old snapshots of my Commodore C64 work I don't have.

I'll definitely be going back and I strongly recommend anybody with even a slight interest to pop along. Mind I do live 4 miles from the new location!

• Upvote 1

Let me know, I'll gladly go again. Also made me laugh that the prices for snacks are bizarrely cheap. £1 for a brew and a chocolate bar!

Did you go along with any other forum people?

I think I've gotta check this out before any 'formal' forum thing happens, it's under an hour away from me I reckon.

Did you go along with any other forum people?

I think I've gotta check this out before any 'formal' forum thing happens, it's under an hour away from me I reckon.

No, went with my mate. Lots of forum people (Pickfords, noob, DrDerekDoctors, Debsss, some others) come along to the Bury Beer Fest though. Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone and do an afternoon at Arcade Club and go to the festival later. Festival is in 2 weeks I think.

The over 18 nights is only on Friday's then Tournaments on Saturdays and the rest is family events on Sunday. I'm not really interested in fighting with a load of kids to play on cabs and a tournie will mean lots of queues. I also don't drink so a beer festival has zero interest for me.

No, went with my mate. Lots of forum people (Pickfords, noob, DrDerekDoctors, Debsss, some others) come along to the Bury Beer Fest though. Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone and do an afternoon at Arcade Club and go to the festival later. Festival is in 2 weeks I think.

I know where JP lives, been a number of times but not for a while. I had him in mind when I asked. I guess the Bury Beer Fest is now a forum thing. I have been to the BBF on two previous occasions, again, not for a while.

I also don't drink so a beer festival has zero interest for me.

Pretty sure they sell soft drinks.

I really like the BBF but I do live around here and have known a good deal of the people who go for over 20 years from working with them.

And I'd still recommend the Arcade Club.

Yes being sober at a beer festival must be so much fun!

Well I wouldn't know about that! ;-)

I'd imagine non-drinkers are used to that sort of thing though. I agree it's not something I'd enjoy.

Let me know, I'll gladly go again. Also made me laugh that the prices for snacks are bizarrely cheap. £1 for a brew and a chocolate bar!

Arcade games and cheap tea? I'm on my way! Are all the machines on free play or what?

I'll ask the missus if I'm allowed out, then should we try to sort a date a few of us can make it?

I know where JP lives, been a number of times but not for a while. I had him in mind when I asked. I guess the Bury Beer Fest is now a forum thing. I have been to the BBF on two previous occasions, again, not for a while.

You should come tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

You should come tomorrow.

Hi John, I'd absolutely love to but it coincides with my access days to my, soon to be, 4 year old son.

I'd really like a catch up some time soon though and was idly wondering if I could get you and perhaps Ste along to this arcade club. I'd settle for a few pints at your local though as not going to the arcade is not a deal breaker.

I see via twitter that Ste is missing the beer festival for a night out in Stoke. When I enquired if it was Hanley, he said he thought it was Burslem. He later corrected that to Longton, oofff...

Just a heads up that this Easter weekend we're running '8BitFlip' at Arcade Club. We're adding a whole slew of machines (mainly pinball) onto the new second floor, where you'll also be able to get hands on with a brand new 'The Hobbit' pinball machine. There are competitions and things going on, and with everything available (including the Escape Rooms downstairs) it should make a good family day out.

If you're local, and particularly if you enjoy pinball, come along and check it out. Tickets at 8bitflip.co.uk include entry to Arcade Club

8bf.jpg.706b14b6deeca4fea37702a069878e87

• Upvote 3