RLLMUK Hearthstone Tournament #2

John0

I beat Wintermute 2-0.

Another Priest mirror match to start with. WM had the upper hand in the first half, but I managed to wrestle his control away. He stole my Ysera, but I managed to get a lot of value from her before she switched sides. It was a very close match, almost going to card fatigue.

In the rematch he pitted his Shaman deck against my Mage secrets deck. He managed to foil my Stalagg and Feugen with a well-timed Hex, and safely mitigated my Mirror Entity, but didn't seem to draw any of the control spells he needed to deal with my minions.

Nice write-up, revlob!

First game, I didn't really get a quick enough start as a Rattle Priest. Kept in it but it went to fatigue, couldn't capitalise on the stolen Ysera enough and rev had the better cards. Second game, not a sniff of Lightning Storm when I needed it. A late Al'Akir burst wasn't enough either.

Excellent play all around though, I was justifiably worried about this match beforehand. He's much better than me!

• 2 weeks later...

In the interest of not letting the tournament die, I think we should try and finish the group stage before 2015 :). Can those who haven't played their games yet try and fit them in? If not, do you mind me marking them as losses?

Looking at the spreadsheet, I've no idea who I'm challenging next. I simply guessed round 1 must not be over with yet or someone would have said.

I've been unable to get a lot of the new cards yet, so I'd be guessing to be in a fair bit of disadvantage at the moment. Still, we'll see. :)

Looking at the spreadsheet, I've no idea who I'm challenging next. I simply guessed round 1 must not be over with yet or someone would have said.

I've been unable to get a lot of the new cards yet, so I'd be guessing to be in a fair bit of disadvantage at the moment. Still, we'll see. :)

Round 1 is indeed still going.

Outstanding matches:

Group A

Somethingwitty vs WinterMute

Group B

Mr Cochese vs RJames

Shewasmadeofchimps vs RJames

And vs RJames

Group C

No group games remaining!

Whoops.

I completely failed to check this thread through the whole of December. I'm on quite a lot but only see And on rarely. I tried Battle.net chat but he vanished.

If this is still open I'm happy to play all my Games ASAP.

I'll get you guys my tag tonight (I already have And added).

Sorry again, I'm totally lame.

Beat And 2-1.

First game I won: my Midrange Paladin vs. some kind of mid-range Hunter?

Second game I lost: my Midrange Paladin vs. a super-secrets heavy Mage. About the point he duplicated his Mad Scientist was when I lost....

Third game I won: my Handlock vs. a Hobgoblin/Mech Paladin deck

Who's next? :)

Ok, brace yourselves, I didnt lose 2-0.

I lost 2-1.

First game was his paladin vs my hunter deck that has feign death it it, not that I got to use it, dead by turn 6.

Second, the paladin again vs secrets mage

This happened:

One all. Decider. Game hung on turn 3 so we abandoned it and tried again.

Hand lock vs my paladin deck (that I like to call Colonel Mustered. )

It did not cut the mustard and I got battered.

Well deserved victory for James.

I'm probably officially the worst at this on the forum.

Btw - James - here's that secret deck:

Nice screenshot :P

That's a ridiculous deck. I've played a secrets deck before but not one with quite so many. If you could fit in double fireball, double frostbolt and a few other tweaks it might be competitive...

I might play around with it.

Thanks for the games!

Also, stop being so down on yourself. You're rank 14 playing with decks you yourself have constructed? That's pretty impressive tbh. Most of us ladder junkies use other people's deck archetypes...

Cheers, well, I made it 8 a couple of seasons ago, but not with that one. I never seem to have the right cards for other people's decks.

Let me know how you get on with it, it's evolved over time, but quite happy with it for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...