rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
John0

RLLMUK Hearthstone Tournament #2

Videos?! Jesus.

But, yes, gg's! I knew I was being lucky when a Hunter barely plays anything for 4/5 turns. I'm also secretly really glad I chose Priest over Mage! Bad matchup otherwise.

I should clearly play Drunkstone more often too. Went Hunter and had a four win streak after the tournament match in Ranked. I'll be rocking a twatty Warlock deck before you know it...

Lost 2-0 to Terria a few hours ago, I've forgotten the decks he played but it was all generally solid play from him. Laughs all round.

I need to make my gimmicks a little more serious I think, but I still find it fun regardless.

Since I have nice and regular access to the forum at the moment, I've been updating the results spreadsheet as we go, hope you don't mind John0!

Disappointed with my games against Donk, hate playing against priests and he gave me a good beating. My Druid deck has been brilliant in ranked play for me, but relies very heavily on an Undertaker plus another two 1 or 2 mana drops in your opening hand and draw. Needless to say, I didn't get close this time so wasn't able to pull out any of my later game hi jinks. Grabbed my Shammy more in desperation then, but was taught a lesson!

I think I may be playing too scattergun at the moment. Need to pick a couple of decks and hone them as much as I can. Could do with a few more legendaries to be honest as well. Always good fun though, and good to see how others play. Picked up some tips tonight. I actually have 95% of the cards for a kick ass priest deck, but I really hate playing priest. I may have to overcome that bit of nonsense in my head......

Since I have nice and regular access to the forum at the moment, I've been updating the results spreadsheet as we go, hope you don't mind John0!

On the contrary! Thanks very much :).

Glad to see us underway, and some dramatic results so far! Hoping to get some games in at the weekend.. will let everyone know when I'm going to be on...

Oh and videos of matches appreciated if possible, always nice to have.

Edit: Oh and I updated the first post with rules and relevant info.

I've just moved house so all my shit is crammed into boxes right now. Still, I've got home plugs and a new case coming tomorrow so hopefully I'll be back up and running soon as possible.

I'd get withdrawal symptoms if I didn't anyway. Stoopid game.

Managed to get my games against RabMyself played. First match my Priest scraped a narrow victory over his Handlock, thanks to a lovingly stolen Mountain Giant and Twilight Drake, and my getting lucky with having Holy Fire two turns in a row while he hid behind his taunts to finish him off as my board presence completely vanished through last of good draws. Game two, looked like I was doing so well when he had no answer for my twin Armoursmiths for about 3 turns, then his avenging wrath with 4 targets up gave me a sickening amount of armour. I had near 60 life at one point, but then my wallet warrior fell under it's own weight, by not drawing any of the required legendaries to hold up late game, when getting bombarded by Guardians of Light and Yseras's Emerald Drakes and a last ditch Grommash saw me beheaded with a Truesilver Champion. 1-1.

Then I decided to be a cock and play zoo in the third game, which lead me to constantly having him one mana short of being able to clear my board as the damage slowly crept turn after turn for a victory.

Overall, I won 2-1, by the skin of my teeth. Two really close games, then a typical zoo game where the opponent gets RNG's by double top decks thanks to life tap.

3 good games, First match was quite close, the second match I thought I was done for with the sheer amount or armour I had to burn through, but a couple of Guardians and a yeti or 2 saved my bacon.

Third match, all I can say is Bloody Zoo!!!! If I had that dam coin it would have been a different matter, lol

No vids of these, OBS was being a spaz saying it couldnt find the game screen :(

I beat SomethingWitty 2-0.

A couple of good games, SW threw a solid bunch of minions at me, but I never lost control of the board for very long. Remembered not to Circle bomb my own side this time.

Is it too late to get in on this? :huh:

Too late for this one, but I hope we will be able to get through it a lot faster than the first one, so Tourney 3 should not be too far away!

I beat SomethingWitty 2-0.

A couple of good games, SW threw a solid bunch of minions at me, but I never lost control of the board for very long. Remembered not to Circle bomb my own side this time.

Well played. After the complete slaughter in the first, I thought my warrior deck might be a bit better equipped to deal with your priest. It was, to an extent, but still not enough to bring me even halfway close to worrying you. At least it lasted a bit longer, I guess!

Anyway - other group one people - I'll be online tonight for an hour or so now if anyone wants to play.

Beat John0 2-1. Just very, very barely. Like, skin of my teeth matches throughout. We both chose murloc for our first 2 games and he destroyed me in no time. Second game my mage was down to 1 hp and I came back, quite fashionably in the end, with Deathwing. My good old Paladin deck healed himself to last the final match, but with still some luck involved at the very end there.

• Upvote 1

Could we not just add Patriot to group 3 so they're all even numbers? I don't see it doing any harm other than meaning everyone from group 3 auto qualifies?

I'd be fine with that.

strawdonkey (Priest) 2 - 0 SomethingWitty (Druid, Warrior)

Witty gives himself far too little credit :)

And that's me done for the group stages - I'm relying on everyone else's results to go poorly as that's the only way I can qualify at this stage! :)

• Upvote 1

Some really good games against Neg. It can be summed up for me by this website: http://www.oneofflethal.com/

I remember Neg playing a Murlock deck against me in the first tournament, and I'd been looking for an opportunity to bust out my Mrrlllggadin :). So that was the first game! Divine Favour would have been pretty much a dead card I guess, but I didn't draw it. We murloc-sparred before I got the upper hand with some synergy and took the first game.

Second game was Murloc city again, with his Mage-Murloc against my deck from the first game. Again I managed to wangle control of the board and almost, almost had him. I actually miscalculated lethal and even emoted Well Played, but Truesilver + Consecration does not equal 7 :blush: . I didn't draw into any reach in the two turns I had, and Neg took the win in style with a, quite surprising, Deathwing.

I didn't know whether to keep with the Murloc theme, but I've made a Hunter deck a tiny bit different to the net decks that I've seen, so thought I'd give it a whirl. Neg's Paladin healed heavily but a couple of Snake Traps gave me a lot of damage and I had him down to 3 health when he played Tirion and a secret. I had used my Owl but I did have Hunter's Mark in my hand.. but didn't think about Redemption. I HMed Tirion, hit him thinking the Ashbringer didn't matter, and was about to swing for lethal when Tirion rose from the dead, divine shield and all... and once again Neg survived on 1 health.

Really fun games, and very close! :hat: Neg.

• Upvote 1

Cheers to both donk and vorgot. Some really enjoyable games. Seeing the vids of the games with donk, especially the second, just makes me think that I could get perfect draws every time and still not have the nous to beat him. My brain just doesn't work the right way to play this game as well as him, and others in here. The games against vorgot (a win, at last!) were all pretty close, although I did open up a bit of a gap in the deciding third game. My slightly random paladin deck did me proud there. Cheers, both.