rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sixbuttons

RLLMUK Forza Horizon 2 Xbox One Miami Nice Championship - Saturday 15th November 8pm-10pm

WHAT?
We have street races in and around Nice in 80s sports cars. Phil Collins decals mandatory.
WHEN?
Saturday 15th November 8pm-10pm
DETAILS!
OKAY! SO! Track list, order and lap settings look like this. Time of day and weather will be taken from whatever the open world is doing. The four circuit races will score double points and are timed to take roughly 10 minutes a piece (give or take). We race into Nice Miami on the first race and we race out of Nice Miami in the last race.
Harbour Sprint (point to point)
Main City Circuit (8 laps)
Boulveard Sprint (point to point)
Parc Circuit (10 laps)
Massena Sprint (point to point)
West Circuit (7 laps)
Garibaldi Street Race (point to point)
Circuit Grandiose (6 laps)
East Shore Street Race (point to point)
Car list is as follows, chosen for one of two reasons, either:
Based on my personal opinion that I could see Crockett and Tubbs driving them in the TV series. Why is there no Testarossa or Daytona in this game :(
OR
These are just cool cars that millionares would drive around Miami all day in, in the 80s.
Unfortunately a few cars that would come under this category don't make the list (notably the F40 and Yellowbird) as I wanted to make it A class maximum. Nonetheless, still some nice things to play from here:
Alfa Romeo - 1986 Spider Quadrifoglio Verde D307
BMW - 1981 M1 A702
Ferrari - 1969 Dino 246 GT D459
Ferrari - 1957 250 California D500
Ford - 1969 Mustang Boss 302 C534
Lamborghini - 1988 Countach LP5000 QV A725
Lanica - 1982 037 Stradale B603
Pontiac - 1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA C514
Pontiac - 1977 Firebird Trans Am D444
Shelby - 1965 Cobra Daytona Coupe A717
Shelby - 1965 Cobtra 427 S/C B694
You are free to upgrade these beasts to maximum A class, in any way, shape or form you want, and with any setup you want. You are NOT permitted to change your setup or car once we start, however.
Ettiquete: Horizon 2 rules, so non-simulation approach - rubbin's racin', but don't put people deliberately into the wall, or you will be DQ'd. As this championship is almost exclusively street racing and there's really not many places to run off other than solid brick walls, I would suggest erring on the side of caution and giving your competitor room.
We'll be scoring this in a very simple fashion, old F1 style. First figure is for the P2P races, second figure is for the circuits.
1st: 10 points/20 points
2nd: 6 points/12 points
3rd: 4 points/8 points
4th: 3 points/6 points
5th: 2 points/4 points
6th: 1 point/2 points
Position countback will be used to separate tied positions.
There will be just one single group of 12. If signups are full, you can still stick your name down to be a reserve as people will inevitably drop out as the time comes.
The winner of the whole damn thing will win: NOTHING! Because you can't gift anything on Horizon 2 yet.
1. Rice Kingford (rllmuk: sixbuttons)
2. Mikebeav3r (rllmuk: Mikebeaver)
3. Mortis316uk (rllmuk: Mortis)
4. CypherQ (rllmuk: MattyP)
5. Beertiger (rllmuk: SweatyTravolta)
6. Mr Do 71 (rllmuk: Mr Do 71)
7. Footle (rllmuk: footle)
8. The Disco (rllmuk: The Disco)
9. Snoopzakadave (rllmuk: Snoopzakadave)
10. Moodmon (rllmuk: Moodmon)
11. Jimmythemook74 (rllmuk: jimmythemook)
12. SharkyOB (rllmuk: SharkyOB)
First reserve:
Jashin1973 (rllmuk: Jashin)
  • Upvote 1

I'm all over this :)

Oh, and loving the "Don't put people delliberately into the wall" bit, was playing online last night and it's vicious...

Yeah, randoms are just knobs on this game.

If this was Motorsport there would be a significant amount of rules for fair racing, but arcade hijinks is all about close, competitive, rough'n'tumble but fair racing really. Rubbin's fine, ramming's not.

• Upvote 1

Up for this too! :) Be an XBO all nighter what with Halo Collection getting released too that week! :)

Oops, that's out that week?

Quite happy to knock it back a week if people would prefer to be Haloing. I'll leave it as it is for now but if the concencous is "move it" then no problem, just shout.

Jashin, as you're number 13 I'll have to place you as first reserve for now - I can't run two groups unless we have a minimum of 16 participants as it dilutes the racing too much.

Full championship details will be published this weekend. Keep your eyes open y'all!

(I'll put this shit in the first post too but you know) OKAY! SO! Track list, order and lap settings look like this. Time of day and weather will be taken from whatever the open world is doing. The four circuit races will score double points and are timed to take roughly 10 minutes a piece (give or take). We race into Nice Miami on the first race and we race out of Nice Miami in the last race.

Harbour Sprint (point to point)

Main City Circuit (8 laps)

Boulveard Sprint (point to point)

Parc Circuit (10 laps)

Massena Sprint (point to point)

West Circuit (7 laps)

Garibaldi Street Race (point to point)

Circuit Grandiose (6 laps)

East Shore Street Race (point to point)

Car list is as follows, chosen for one of two reasons, either:

Based on my personal opinion that I could see Crockett and Tubbs driving them in the TV series. Why is there no Testarossa or Daytona in this game :(

OR

These are just cool cars that millionares would drive around Miami all day in, in the 80s.

Unfortunately a few cars that would come under this category don't make the list (notably the F40 and Yellowbird) as I wanted to make it A class maximum. Nonetheless, still some nice things to play from here:

Alfa Romeo - 1986 Spider Quadrifoglio Verde D307

BMW - 1981 M1 A702

Ferrari - 1969 Dino 246 GT D459

Ferrari - 1957 250 California D500

Ford - 1969 Mustang Boss 302 C534

Lamborghini - 1988 Countach LP5000 QV A725

Lanica - 1982 037 Stradale B603

Pontiac - 1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA C514

Pontiac - 1977 Firebird Trans Am D444

Shelby - 1965 Cobra Daytona Coupe A717

Shelby - 1965 Cobtra 427 S/C B694

You are free to upgrade these beasts to maximum A class, in any way, shape or form you want, and with any setup you want. You are NOT permitted to change your setup or car once we start, however.

See y'all in a week!

Argh, I've made a horrible mistake - I hadn't seen Sharky posted before you Jashin so even though Will's dropped out you're still first reserve. Sorry :( Again, be online on the night as I'm sure some people will either drop late in the day or will forget it's on, almost always happens :) (indeed, Sharky already suggesting he may be out for instance!)

I'm going to be getting ready for this tonight or tomorrow. Think the car choice for me will be a three way that I have to decide between:

The 80's Trans Am with a shit approximation of the Knight Rider paint scheme,

The BMW M1 with whatever race paint job looks cool

the Lamborghini Countach in bright white.

I've decided on the Countach.

I tried them all and both the M1 and Trans Am are too loose on the back end to be effective ( and I do like a loose ass end, but I'd like to try and be competitive).

Trying to chase down Snoopzakadave in his 250 California around the Main City Circuit was tough as balls. I have no idea how he pilots that thing so fast. I tried it and couldn't get anywhere near to him with a 250 California of my own (that was a wise cr1.2 million spend..). Just managed to pip his time with the Countach though, but I can see he could make a fair bit of time on a couple of corners and would be faster than me again quite easily.

I also managed to chase down Jimmy in his Countach doing the Harbour Sprint in all three of my choices, but the Countach was the easiest to drive.

The insecure me is pretty fearfull that the times I have beaten today were not set by folks actively trying to beat other times though... :ph34r: