The Apprentice 2014 - BBC1 Wednesday 9pm

gospvg

I know Lord Al' has a thing for getting rid of the non-whiteys when he can but how didn't the PM of the losing side get fired? I'm sure it was her that agreed to sell the diffuser-things so cheaply at the gift shop when the fat bloke at the hotel had already agreed to buy them for what would surely have been a better price. It wasn't even mentioned during the boardroom part.

I know Lord Al' has a thing for getting rid of the non-whiteys when he can but how didn't the PM of the losing side get fired? I'm sure it was her that agreed to sell the diffuser-things so cheaply at the gift shop when the fat bloke at the hotel had already agreed to buy them for what would surely have been a better price. It wasn't even mentioned during the boardroom part.

The one that went was a complete non-event. Irish woman screwed up on the margins, but she did at least show some skills in designing a decent product.

The editing of this show is far too obvious though. It was clear margin girl was going to win, despite the best efforts of the editing to make them look like they'd screwed up.

Two things struck me from last nights episode:

1) After a period of absence, Lord Al saying "bloody" returned with a vengeance last night. He exasperation-o-meter must have been running high

2) Nuran managed to fit the words "Lord Sugar" in a phenomenal amount of times, during her closing plea for her place in the show last night

While this season seems to be a farce when it comes to the common sense and business acumen of the contestants, its certainly got some different characters.

I expected the canadian chap to produce a collection of finger snaps and spew forth a massive "Oh no you ditn't!" when they tried to round on him, cant wait to see his overinflated ego explode after last nights "I saved the pitch!" moment.

Sarah is a grade A moron, one of those people who probably gets by in her normal job not by her own skill but by the fact that her boss is important so people deal with her idiocy to not lose out on her companys business.

the girl who quit last night, i swear they just got her on under the premise of "she looks a bit like Ruth Badger, perhaps she will perform like her"

I wondered if that was clever editing, or if she actually does start every sentence with "Lord Sugar".

I think it was genuine. It was amazing.

Also Lauren is fit as. But as the same time, looks disconcertingly like a female version of my friend Darren.

Of course, last night completely highlighted the no win scenario for any time the a team loses. Had it been £14 the other way it would have been 'You should have sold the stock, you don't make me any money having stock sitting in a warehouse, if you can't sell it at the price you want to sell it at then you need to review your pricing structure. The other team won because they realised that you have to shift the stock and that sometimes in the world of business if something isn't selling you need to drop the price. I can't believe that even at the end of the day you hadn't reduced the price.' Yadda yadda yadda.

I think it was genuine. It was amazing.

Also Lauren is fit as. But as the same time, looks disconcertingly like a female version of my friend Darren.

Seems you're not the only one who thinks so. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2800384/the-apprentice-contestants-james-hill-lauren-riley-fling-competition.html

And credit to DM for finding some vague reason to have a massive picture of last year's Luisa in the article.

Been catching up to this season..

I know they're stressed to act like bigger idiots than they normally are, but making £600-700 selling tat (Week 1), a profit to be shared among 10 people, that's £70 each, or less than minimum wage earnings per person if you consider the fact they were working on those sales for over 12 hours. Not exactly amazing - and they didn't even have to buy the tat themselves. Did I hear those numbers right? :lol:

Poor Alan. Ten years and he still hasn't figured out these people don't actually work for him.

YOU'RE FIRED!

"Sure, OK Grandad".

And you are only seven years too late with that comment. Sir Alan said after a couple of seasons that he was uncomfortable saying it, but was told "it's part of the format".

Been catching up to this season..

I know they're stressed to act like bigger idiots than they normally are, but making £600-700 selling tat (Week 1), a profit to be shared among 10 people, that's £70 each, or less than minimum wage earnings per person if you consider the fact they were working on those sales for over 12 hours. Not exactly amazing - and they didn't even have to buy the tat themselves. Did I hear those numbers right? :lol:

Yep, it's always amazing how shit they really are. Sometimes they have to pay for raw materials, but even then (like in the candle-making task) they get the use of some kind of manufacturing facility for free. They get meetings with big clients set up by Sugar, free transport around London and I'm guessing a street selling pitch wouldn't normally come for free either. At the end of all that they walk away with £50 each if they're lucky! Might as well stay at home.

Well that's an odd thing to say, because I was going to say that the You're Fired was a bit weird with everybody saying how good Nurun was and how determined and all that, but none of that was evident in the 3 episodes so far. I don't really remember her doing much in the first task, she was a pretty rubbish PM and she didn't do anything of note in the last task either.

This has been cringe-worthy.

Ella Jade wasn't pretty poor. You'd ordinarily expect the losing PM - where it's a task made for them - to get the boot. But neither Stephen nor Sarah exactly cover themselves in glory. Sack them all!