The Apprentice 2014 - BBC1 Wednesday 9pm

gospvg

The diamond thing was completely unfair. You put a hard nosed boss type guy with another guy (even if i was Daniel) vs a geeky guy infatuated with blondes with an Irish beauty like Roisin.... that is nothing to do with skill, ability or character - but attraction. Which is NOT a measure of how well you can run a business.

How was that not fair? You do realise they found their dealers themselves right? I was a bit annoyed that everybody focused on the negotiation when actually the starting price at Rosien's place was already lower than the final price the others got. Its not actually down to negotiations as much as finding the correct seller.

Seriously though. Imagine in a real business situation you send someone out to get skeleton and he comes back with a fucking paper one saying "ahh but it meets the wording" Fuck off mate.

Agreed he did bring back the wrong item but the £300 penalty was harsh, the other team still should have lost.

If it was up to the task - presumably being able to learn anatomy - and saved you 200 quid, really?

Yeah but it might have been for an outdoor haunted house and the paper one would have blown away. Basically Felipe was relying on sophistry, and was rightly punished for it.

Also Daniel is a dick, but Mark is a nasty back stabbing machine. Really hope he explodes in spectacular fashion soon, he seems like a more unpleasant version of that woman who won all the tasks a few years back who then had a ridiculously bad business plan.

Seriously though. Imagine in a real business situation you send someone out to get skeleton and he comes back with a fucking paper one saying "ahh but it meets the wording" Fuck off mate.

Nonsense. Felipe provided what was requested. It was fit for purpose (once built).

I'm sure that if it wasn't Felipe but someone more interesting and with a better business plan, Sugs would have loved it.

If Katie or James had had the skeleton idea, they'd have got away with it. Lord Sugar clearly dislikes lawyers and other corporate professionals (as he's repeatedly stated throughout), so you just have to adjust your sense of humour accordingly. "Trust me, I'm a lawyer" isn't going to cut it. Someone should've piped up, "that's actually true, but let's play it safe this time, so close to the final".

I can't believe that anybody is defending the paper skeleton on the basis that the wording didn't specify a material ("Must be made of bone!" herp-derp). Since when has Sugar ever had a sense of humour when it comes to tasks? They were never going to get away with it.

With something like the skeleton, Nick or Karen or whoever was Sir Alan's emissary should have stepped in and clarified the issue there and then. I'm sure they have offered advise or reigned in inappropriate blue-sky thinking while on location in previous series.

With something like the skeleton, Nick or Karen or whoever was Sir Alan's emissary should have stepped in and clarified the issue there and then. I'm sure they have offered advise or reigned in inappropriate blue-sky thinking while on location in previous series.

To play Devil's Advocate here: if they had found an anatomically-correct inflatable skeleton (were such a thing to exist), do you think that would have been acceptable?

Anyway, it's interesting that a fair few of those fired so far all have business ideas that don't immediately shout 'Profit!' - community stuff or charity. Lends some weight to the feeling that firings are geared towards keeping those with more commercial ideas in the contest.

Yeah but it might have been for an outdoor haunted house and the paper one would have blown away. Basically Felipe was relying on sophistry, and was rightly punished for it.

Not really. It's up to you to spec your requirements correctly. Maybe it's because I work in software, but this sort of stuff happens all the time. Dates are pushed, so you have to cut corners or try different things to make dates. Client doesn't like it, sometimes you can sell the advantages, sometimes you get more clarity, fix it and move on.

It's not really "ridiculous". Certainly no more ridiculous than a broken sink.

I can't believe that anybody is defending the paper skeleton on the basis that the wording didn't specify a material ("Must be made of bone!" herp-derp). Since when has Sugar ever had a sense of humour when it comes to tasks? They were never going to get away with it.

But on that basis, why's a plastic skeleton more acceptable?

Lord Sugar: "I want to be your partner, try getting me this stuff I want *hands over list of 9 items*"

Felipe: "Ok, *technically* this is what you asked for - if you disagree it's because you made a mistake and should've given us a 10-page specification for each item"

Lord Sugar: "Good luck becoming my partner when you try to game what I asked for"

The task wasn't to save money and get stuff that's technically correct, it was to get Lord Sugar what he wanted.

Felipe was never going to make it to the final anyway. It's a shame he went this way, I would've been pleased in Sugar's shoes, but whatever.

Felipe should've defended himself better (for a lawyer). If I asked someone to get me an anatomical (or whatever the fuck the other guy called it) skeleton and they came back with a paper fold-out thing, I'd be muddled. If they then said, he's almost what you wanted plus here's the £200 change (which is still cheaper than the other one) I'd be very pleased. He should've appealed to Sugar's market trader background.

On the other hand, if Sugar wanted to beat someone to death with a thigh bone before drinking their blood from the skull, the paper skeleton would be useless.

Let's not pretend that sense has any place in this 'process', please.