IGNORED

Daredevil - TV Series

Spleen

That's the exact problem. They tried to add some depth in the 2004 film but Thomas Jane came off as too limp, they went the other way in the 2008 version but Ray Stevenson came off as a dead-eyed murder machine. The Punisher has no 'gimmick' to intrigue, so you need a strong plot - the 2008 film proved that grisly deaths alone are not enough.

I thought Ray Stevenson was superb as The Punisher and very much the Punisher of the MAX comics. The script just really let it down, it was utter pish, Frank IS a nutter but that's why I like him so much!

Anyway I had let my Netflix lapse but restarted it for this and Trailer Park Boys Season 9, good weekends viewing ahead :)

I like the suit, not got a problem with it at all. It's a million times better than the torture garden effort they squeezed Affleck into, but I really like the Ray Stevenson Punisher so what the fuck do I know?

Well I really enjoyed the first episode. Really good action, the chemistry between Matt and Foggy is good, the storyline was intriguing and I'll definitely be watching more. Plus Daredevil is an awesome hero and I love the 'street level' angle they've taken with it to ground it compared to the more bombastic big screen efforts.

Nearly all of the critic reviews I've seen have been pretty solid, at worst.

Yeah, I was referring to the ones listed on Aintitcool today, some of which aren't great. I guess I was just hoping the critics would be raving about it. Still looking forward to it anyway, will be starting the show tonight.

Well I really enjoyed the first episode. Really good action, the chemistry between Matt and Foggy is good, the storyline was intriguing and I'll definitely be watching more. Plus Daredevil is an awesome hero and I love the 'street level' angle they've taken with it to ground it compared to the more bombastic big screen efforts.

Yep, thoroughly enjoyed it too. I love the look on Foggy's face when Matt asks the realtor to show him around the office :lol:

First episode is really good. I was a massive fan of the comic in the 80's and 90's and this feels really authentic. Murdock's apartment is just like the loft he shares with Karen in Born Again.

Seems really well cast as well, although Foggy should perhaps be heavier.

Particularly when they offer free month trials

Or when the previous owner of my Wii U left their account on the machine, about 18 months of free Netflix so far :P

Going to watch the whole lot today, might get a little bit of work done at some point.