rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

80 From the 80s - PAPERBACK EDITION out NOW! 9/10 From Starburst Mag

Sold 24 copies of the paperback so far, and 60 of the ebook version.

My sincere thanks to all of you.

• Upvote 7

I've convinced my wife to watch the movies in sequence with me, for bad or for worse ( if we like the main movie's we will also watch the recommended)

I will withhold reading each section until after watching

Looking forward to rewatching some old classics and some new ones

• Upvote 4

Got mine today. Just read the intro. Love the tactile cover. Forgot you had issues with the page numbers - mine's a limited edition!

• Upvote 1

I've convinced my wife to watch the movies in sequence with me, for bad or for worse ( if we like the main movie's we will also watch the recommended)

I will withhold reading each section until after watching

Looking forward to rewatching some old classics and some new ones

Think I'll do that when I get the book, probably ask for it at Christmas.

• Upvote 1

I didn't notice that acknowledgment part. I'm above seanr! It's not my real name though.

That's really cool :)

• Upvote 1

:)

I went through the thread at the time and took down everyone's name who'd posted in here. I think I got most of them, though there's probably some I missed. 

• Upvote 2

Awesome, Goose.  No idea how I missed these updates for the last few weeks.  Added to my birthday list, and sent the link straight to my wife.

• Upvote 1

It was the absolute least I could do. This place and the people here have always been so supportive. From the weekly box office reports to this project - neither would exist without that support.

• Upvote 2

Holy shit I was going to buy anyway but my name is on that page so how could I not even if I wasn't?! 

On the cost, £9.95 is obviously in the psychological range that puts people in the "it's less than a tenner!" mindset, but on the other hand Amazon (UK) has a minimum £10 spend for free delivery on books so it's difficult to say whether it'd be better just over or not. 

Other thing I wanted to ask, it looks like self publishing gets or requires an ISBN and all that, so where does it stand with respect to supplying copies for legal deposit as a result? Do you have to do that or does the publishing platform handle it?

• Upvote 1

Massive congratulations on the book, what an achievement to have something you made up for sale!

Just left a subtle hint that I'd like this from the kids for Fathers Day, so all being well should have mine all wrapped up next weekend!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, stefcha said:

Holy shit I was going to buy anyway but my name is on that page so how could I not even if I wasn't?! 

On the cost, £9.95 is obviously in the psychological range that puts people in the "it's less than a tenner!" mindset, but on the other hand Amazon (UK) has a minimum £10 spend for free delivery on books so it's difficult to say whether it'd be better just over or not. 

Other thing I wanted to ask, it looks like self publishing gets or requires an ISBN and all that, so where does it stand with respect to supplying copies for legal deposit as a result? Do you have to do that or does the publishing platform handle it?

I have no idea to be honest - I did it through Amazon and Createspace, and got the ISBN assigned to me. There's also an option that means it go into libraries and such like, I think. 

That's also a very good point about the £10 price point. I might look at see if I can alter it so it does fall into the free post bracket.

• Upvote 1

I've upped the price to £10 so it will qualify for free postage. How long it'll take to filter through to the Amazon page, I don't know - there was something about changes taking six weeks but I think that was in relation to content.

If it works, and anyone wants me to refund their postage costs, please let me know. 

• Upvote 1

Ooh. Didn't know there was a paper version. I bought the kindle edition.

Woo, and I'm in there too! My name's been in print hundreds of times, but for some reason I'm really excited about this time.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Goose said:

I've upped the price to £10 so it will qualify for free postage. How long it'll take to filter through to the Amazon page, I don't know - there was something about changes taking six weeks but I think that was in relation to content.

It's already changed to £10.

4 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Ordered the kindle version. I'm currently homeless so nowhere to send the paperback to at the moment.

Amazon LOCAL PICK UP NO EXCUSES GODDAMIT

• Upvote 1

My copy, along with Commander Jameson's have finally arrived! PM me your home address Commander.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

doesn't count unless you post a photo of you pointing at your name in the... oh.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I'm sorry about that. The formatting wasn't the best it could have been and that's 100% my fault. I should have gone through it better and fixed all that. Hopefully it doesn't spoil the enjoyment too much.

Commander Jameson, your copy left yesterday and they tell me it'll take about a week to get to you. Thank you again!

• Upvote 1