rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hexx

'The Gifted' X-Men adjacent tv show on Fox - Oct 2nd

1 hour ago, Mr Cochese said:

Well, I did not see a series about Legion coming.

Not part of MCU.

Not part of X-Men film universe.

I do like Legion though as a character.

They talk about mutants in the trailer with some familiarity, and there's an X in the logo, so we're not completely off the farm here. I imagine other mutants will crop up as antagonists.

I wouldn't be surprised though if they drop the X-Men and his connection to Professor X.

Whaaaaat?!? The connection to Professor X is the best bit. Seeing that old fraud exposed as the callous, selfish egomaniac he is is the whole point of Legion.

I know there's a little Legion in this thread from the early days, but that's graduated to its own thread now. But there's been some news on the Matt Nix show too, though still no title.

Stephen Moyer (True Blood) will play the father of two young mutants (mother and kids not yet announced). The family go on the run from the government and join up with an underground network of mutants.

Sean Teale (Skins, Incorporated) plays a newly created mutant, Eclipse (AKA Marcus Diaz). He can absorb and manipulate photons.

Jamie Chung (Once Upon a Time, Gotham) plays existing mutant Blink (AKA Clarice Fong), with the power of teleportation.

Blair Redford (Switched at Birth, Satisfaction) plays an as-yet unnamed mutant (but the name Sam seems to be out there), Native American and leader of the underground network.

They promise other familiar mutants/X-Men in the show too, but it would be sort of X-Men from an outside perspective.

Bryan Singer is set to direct the pilot.

I've been meaning to dive back into the X-Men world ever since hearing such good things about Legion (I only ever watched films 1-3). Now that Amy is involved I feel all the more motivated :omg:

Nix said at Comic Con that this will not be crossing over with anything else. He mentioned Days of Future Past creating many streams and you could think of this as a different stream. There were X-Men in this universe, but they are now gone.

They released a sneak peek, showing the "first 6 minutes", in which we learn that time runs at a slightly different rate in the X-Men universe.

@Hexx, any chance of a thread title change?

On 9/30/2017 at 17:06, JohnC said:

They released a sneak peek, showing the "first 6 minutes", in which we learn that time runs at a slightly different rate in the X-Men universe.

@Hexx, any chance of a thread title change?

Done - i'm not overly interested in the show, so if you want as a kind moderator to let you take control on thread :)

Also Blink is one of my fave X-Men so there's that. I also reckon the dog is a mutant.

Mutants I'd like to see

No-Girl

Mimic

Dazzler

Pixie

Boom Boom

Warlock (Too cgi heavy though)

This universe's version of Legion

Monet

A trip to see the Morlocks

Doop

Fantomex

Prodigy (perfect power set for a show like this)

Nature Girl

Moon Girl (yes. I know she's an inhuman in the comics. Just make her a damn mutant in this one)

Layla Miller (This could turn into a fantastic plot. Did you know she knows stuff?)

And last but certainly not least

Goldballs (GOLDBALLS GOLDBALLS)

Is the lead mutant meant to be Warpath or Thunderbird?