New Wipeout from Ex Wipeout Devs...Sort Of

bradigor

Changed the res to 1080,hit full screen, didn't touch the pad and it was OK, so using the pad on the home screen causes the spazzing. Got into a race using mouse, then used the controller - no problems.

Even forcing vsync from nvidia inspector, it seems jerky. Worried this is an engine problem though, as the craft itself was clearly maneuvering/refreshing smoothl asmoothly at 60fps.

Game-wise, the track is really fast and the craft handles like a tank, which seems an odd choice for early access/beta play. It's fine though. Visually and framerate aside, it's not in the same (anti grav) league as Wipeout HD. Much more of an early Wipeout aesthetic (and hitting the sides is quite punishing, too).

So far, so meh as it looks old and handles odd, but it's early days!

• 6 years later...
28 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Why did the dedicated topic go @robotattack?

Do want me to make one?

Wasn't sure if it was worth having as it had been mentioned in here. It doesn't seem like something we're going to be craving or talking about for ages. If a mod wants to unhide it they can.

2 minutes ago, robotattack said:

Wasn't sure if it was worth having as it had been mentioned in here. It doesn't seem like something we're going to be craving or talking about for ages. If a mod wants to unhide it they can.

Yeah it’s a new game and Sony’s first move into mobile (I think).

I’ve made a new topic anyway if mods want to combine or some other kind of dark magic I dunno. 

31 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah it’s a new game and Sony’s first move into mobile (I think).

I’ve made a new topic anyway if mods want to combine or some other kind of dark magic I dunno. 

There is a mobile version of Lemmings, although I'm not sure Sony had any involvement with it, or just licensed it out. There's a different publisher name on it now than there was when it was released. 

That was okay, if a little too simplified. I think mobile is the perfect format for Lemmings, but they messed about with it so items used energy to try and entice people into buying IAPs.