rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Salsa Party Animal

PES 2015 - out on 13th November 2015

Found out Pro Evolution Soccer / World Winning Eleven 2015 demo is out on PS4 for Hong Kong, so I set up Hong Kong Account to download it. I am hoping it will be back to form like classic Gamecube/PS2 era. (Note It is not out in UK yet until next week)

Really enjoying this, the players and general game look really nice but it has the the same old shit PES menus. Shooting and looped throw balls seem to be very powerful at times though, even with the slightest tap. Still,it's fun despite the usual PES oddities and Im sure they'll tweak it.

Generous demo too offering a 10 minute game but no EPL teams weirdly.

Does it finally do 10 v 10 then?

It does in this version, doubt it will be upto much given Konami's online track record.

The AI, based on the demo, isn't as a soul-crushing as FIFA's. But, I don't buy footie games to play against the AI.

I think it's pretty good but in a completely different way to FIFA. I think the player faces serve as a good analogy; in FIFA they're head scans using fancy tech and in PES they're all had 'drawn' leading to much better results in my opinion. The same goes for the gameplay. FIFA tries to be a mathematically correct simulation of football with real world physics and all of that, PES on the other hand tries to create it's own microcosm of football with exaggerated or 'made up' physics like an artist's impression. Both have their positives and negatives and it's difficult to say which is better, it's more of a preference. I always felt PES was like a South American match of slow passing and build up which creates a nice looking match whereas FIFA is like an intense Bolton vs Villa Premier League game, less cultured maybe but probably a more realistic representation overall.

Having played both demos I found the difference summed up with a cross I made in FIFA - it bounced out towards the edge of the box and Sturridge ran onto it, the angle he was approaching at meant that I knew I'd have to take a touch and right myself before having a shot - in PES I could have smashed that fucker first time. I don't know which is better really, I like the realism of FIFA because when you do get that opportunity to hit one like that it's more rewarding but perhaps the increased opportunity to do so in PES is more fun.

Dunno what I'm talking about really, FIFA's out first so I'm getting that but if it starts getting dull it's nice to know an alternative is coming in November.

• Upvote 1

This plays a terrible game of football, where does all the positivity come from?

What plays a good game of football in comparison, out of interest?

Fifa 09/10/11/12/13/14/15 all play a better game of Football

I am not a PES advocate but this is kind of a joke, right? I can give you a couple of them, but generally FIFA plays the same shitty game, just different shit.

• Upvote 1

Fifa 09/10/11/12/13/14/15 all play a better game of Football

Well, like Pockets mentioned, do they actually play a better game of football or are they just a better simulation of football? To be honest I kind of lost interest when they stopped being games and tried to be overly realistic and that's not my idea of a better game of football, personally. If PES15 is a bit more arcadey and lets you get away with more then I'd be all for that, there's room for both types.

Fifa 09/10/11/12/13/14/15 all simulate a Sky Sports broadcast better.

Fixed that for you.

PES 2013 was pretty damn good after a fallow few years as Konami struggled to adapt to the post-PS2 era. Last year's wasn't so good because the shift to Fox engine made it comparatively slow and unresponsive. From what I've played - admittedly an early build - this feels like a proper return to form, the best one since PES5 and 6. And, as others have suggested, playing against the AI isn't nearly as soul-crushing as it can be on FIFA.

• Upvote 2

Still better single or co-op than Fifa though, miles better.

Careful or the Fifa lot will get you...

A weird bunch that defend to the hill a game so broken that launch battlefield games have less issues :o

Is there a UK date for the demo?

It's really good! A pleasant surprise! This won't replace FIFA this year, but I'll definitely get this too. I play online exclusively, hopefully it isn't so bad online.

I wish there is an another option to shake up the football games like Sensible Soccer did to Kick Off era.

We need a new Virtua Striker 8-).

• Upvote 4

Fixed that for you.

PES 2013 was pretty damn good after a fallow few years as Konami struggled to adapt to the post-PS2 era. Last year's wasn't so good because the shift to Fox engine made it comparatively slow and unresponsive. From what I've played - admittedly an early build - this feels like a proper return to form, the best one since PES5 and 6. And, as others have suggested, playing against the AI isn't nearly as soul-crushing as it can be on FIFA.

I thought PES 2013 was great. Last year's version wasn't as good

• Upvote 1