John Wick - Keanu Reeves as Assassin back for revenge

Wasn't sold on the first bit of the trailer, but once it got going...hard to believe Reeves is 50!

Lionsgate has debuted the trailer for action-thriller John Wick, starring Keanu Reeves, Michael Nyqvist, Alfie Allen, Adrianne Palicki, Dean Winters, Bridget Moynahan, Ian McShane, John Leguizmo and Willem Dafoe.

In the film, an ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him. With New York City as his bullet-riddled playground, John Wick (Reeves) is a fresh and stylized take on the "assassin genre."

post-242-0-12347300-1410552500_thumb.jpg

That looks really good. And very nice to see a trailer that doesn't just condense the plot from start-to-finish.

This is the bane of my life with cinema trailers. What happened to giving you a flavour of the film, not giving you a synopsis jam packed with spoilers! :angry:

Sold! Looks ridiculous and fun.

Next month? Weird it's not been mentioned before.

I love it for that. It's become all too rare to discover a movie and see it within a short space of time.

If I got that trailer right, they were stealing his car? So why did they break into his house and kill his dog (the last gift his dead wife gave him) and beat him up?

Looks like Alfie Allen's character is some kind of irrational hothead who is used to getting his own way. Who knows? We're all agreed we don't want trailers telling us everything, right?

His car in Street Kings was the shit, too.

P6060088.jpg

It's good that somebody mentioned Street Kings, because for every Keanu film I've seen since then I like to pretend that his character is always Tom Ludlow undercover. I half expect him to twat someone in the face with a phone book.

When I heard Reeves was in this, I remember feeling disappointed. A cool aspect of the script was that the lead as written is an ageing Vietnam vet.. It was a cool unique angle to the story. An older guy kicking ass in a modern action flick. But after seeing the trailer. All is forgiven.

Also, regarding Keanu being 50. I'm convinced the secret to everlasting youth was discovered at some time in the early 90's and only rich movie male A list movie stars got access to it.

How else do you explain the fact that these guys

1384028837000-tom-cruise.jpg

Brad-Pitt.jpg

Keanu+Reeves+2014+Film+Independent+Spiri

michael-clayton-2.gif

are all about the exact same age as Wilford Brimley when he played the Grandad in Cocoon????

MV5BMjMxNzA5NDAwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY2