What's your comfort TV (and how has your taste changed)?

Used to, but Guy Fieri's hygiene habits really gone on my tits. Unwashed hands everywhere!

I hadn't noticed that... how'd you know they're unwashed? (he does look like they might be unwashed)

I'm a total Triple D snob, I only really like the early seasons I find on youtube where it's all the weird, family owned places in small towns. The new ep's seem too focused on places ran by hipsters in big cities.

I hadn't noticed that... how'd you know they're unwashed? (he does look like they might be unwashed)

More a case of him putting them all over the place, clothes, hair, then touching the raw food - the clean freak in me goes mad at the cross-contamination.

Another one for me - UK panel shows. Mock the Week, 8 out of 10 Cats, HIGNFY, Buzzcocks, etc. A lot of time they are shit, but there's something incredibly comforting about watching them for me. Probably as I grew up for them and they connect me to what 'normal' people are talking about. Football, Oscar Pistorious, etc. I get all my news these days via twitter from gamer, music, film and TV nerds so it's a bit skewed.

Come Dine With Me is a staple for me. Especially when they cram all four evenings into a single hour episode, and you get to watch it rapidly descend into drunkenness, tears and bitching in the taxis on the way home.

And then the contestant who comes last pretends to laugh it off during the results. But you can see the cold anger in their eyes.

Pretty much this! Also tend to watch Ninja Warrior, Storage Wars (I know it's fake as fuck) and The Chase.

But I only really watch telly where there's no Internet.

Another one for me - UK panel shows. Mock the Week, 8 out of 10 Cats, HIGNFY, Buzzcocks, etc. A lot of time they are shit, but there's something incredibly comforting about watching them for me. Probably as I grew up for them and they connect me to what 'normal' people are talking about. Football, Oscar Pistorious, etc. I get all my news these days via twitter from gamer, music, film and TV nerds so it's a bit skewed.

I've really gone-off panel shows, too. I used to watch Mock the Week and QI all the time, but mainly due to people I really don't like appearing on them far too frequently meant I would start skipping more and more episodes and then I just stopped altogether. I sometimes will watch a bit of QI on Dave, or HIGNFY, but don't watch Mock the Week at all.

I do quite like 'Would I Lie to You?' though.

I've really gone-off panel shows, too.

And after saying that yesterday I discovered Duck Quacks Don't Echo on Sky today. Lee Mack hosts - and I do happen to find him funny - and it's a kind of panel-show Brainiac, with odd facts proved (or disproved). Because each panelist brings a fact along, they all get ample talking-time, which isn't always the case on a lot of these shows (mainly due to the editing) so it makes for a more rounded watch.