rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Lorfarius

Famicom Appreciation Thread

2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Where abouts are you ordering these from? 

I have an AV Famicom but just use an Everdrive. Actually Carts would be fun

Most of my Japanese carts (I have around 20) plus some CIB, are from Japanese sellers on eBay :)

• Upvote 1

I finished double dragon 2 on 'normal' difficulty...it's a bit on the easy side but...it really is a blast to play through though.

I'm going to try the hardest difficulty when it's set up next. I've just the master system up to play castle of illusion.

I understand double dragon 3 is hard...I've never played it...I guess this came about because 2 is/was too easy....

Just purchased, Gradius.

This is interesting, because, out of my friends and my school friends at the time, I was the only one who could finish it. Let's see how I fare the best part of 30 years later!

I do believe that was the last time I played it too...

£5 Inc shipping from Japan, for a godly game and nice looking cart, what's not to like :)

s-l1600 (49).jpg

• Upvote 2

This arrived in the normal post. Just opened them now.

I'm probably not going to start these until after Cuphead, although, I played the first level of both games and I can tell I'm in for a real 8-bit treat :)

Juju densetsu and Daiku no Gen-san. (Toki and Hammerin Harry)

IMG_20190509_152449.jpg

IMG_20190509_152459.jpg

IMG_20190509_152521.jpg

IMG_20190509_152529.jpg

IMG_20190509_152554.jpg

IMG_20190509_152600.jpg

IMG_20190509_152614.jpg

IMG_20190509_152620.jpg

• Upvote 1

My myself a Famicom in Japan for 4800¥. It's been AV modded in advance, but has that jail bar look to the image. Nothing too noticeable, but I'll have to take it apart at some point. I'd read up on it before, so I knew it was a thing.

I only got Donkey Kong Jr and Super Mario Bros 3. Will have to fill out the collection a bit down the line, I think my wife would've freaked out if I'd started filling a shopping backet full of Famicom games.