rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Lorfarius

Famicom Appreciation Thread

Yep it's another one of "those" threads. Today I picked up an AV Famicom and Fami Disk System after spending a couple of weekends working my way through 40 or so episodes of Games Center CX, picking up a fair few of the titles being played on that show. Usually tend to go for NES stuff but couldn't resist picking up a full set, here's a picture of what I have so far plus a couple of vids:

photo_zpsc9ca21ee.jpg

Anyone else here into this console or any experiences with it?

• Upvote 7

Never had an NES , but I have a Pokefami (knock off portable famicom), but I love my very nice condition boxed copies of Super Mario Bros, Rockman 2, Kung Fu Master and Legend of Zelda.

Really love the coloured carts.

Pac Land drove me mad on the Lynx. It's just so difficult when you reach the stupid swimming pools. I love Yei Ar Kung Fu - I spent many a happy afternoon switching between that on the Speccy and Combat on the 2600 with my cousin as a youngster.

Ok here's my famicom stuff!

Loose carts some good, some not so good. Quite happy to have Sqoon, Ikari, Terra Cresta, Metaforce ( japanese version of Master Blaster ) and that odd Space Harrier clone with the animals in it that VGjunk reviewed a while back

post-234-0-21175500-1410127520_thumb.jpg

More loose carts, my top picks being Space Harrier (albeit a poor version) Final Mission (aka Scat) and Downtown Neki-wotsit-thingy (River City Ransom)

post-234-0-75094100-1410127547_thumb.jpg

Some boxed games and some loose ones. How big is that op.wolf box????

post-234-0-85465900-1410127575_thumb.jpg

Shiny Namco clamshell boxes, I love these. And my unplayed FDS games (one day...)

post-234-0-33958200-1410127598_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 7

Had these arrive today:

photo_zpse34ee0c1.jpg

Exciting BasketBall and Final Command (or Jackal in the US I believe). Both are amazing games and Final Command is a strange action game where you fly about in a jeep lobbing bullets and grenades, similar to Ikari Warriors only a lot faster with some awesome music.

• Upvote 2

Ordered my first few Famicom carts the other day, they should be arriving any time :) I'll post pictures when they arrive, currently having to try very hard not to go mental and buy more. I haven't even figured out what console I'm going to play them on yet, let alone ordered one :facepalm:

I'll give it a look :) So has anyone played any decent games that have been translated? RPGs etc. Thanks to a fellow forumite I'll have my hands on an Everdrive N8 soon!

The Earthbound translation (generally called Earthbound Zero) is amazing, was done by Nintendo US but never released.

Edit: The first 3 are here :)

post-18206-0-12669100-1411141046_thumb.j

Ordered a boxed copy of DQIV and a cart only copy of Mario Bros 3 today as well.

• Upvote 2

Just been reading through your old NES collector blog Lorfarius, via your link in another Famicom thread. What happened to Nes-bit? I remember you launching it and you were looking for magazines to scan or something but now it seems to be gone?