IGNORED

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Hexx

Well, Episode One was good fun. Not a classic, but lots to like, solidly entertaining throughout, and if the script was inconsistent - veering from winkingly self-aware to wincingly clunky and back again - it spat out a few decent lines. Quite looking forward to coming back to it in a week's time for more of the same.

Did anyone pre-order the full game for this? I did on the PS4 but I can't see episode 1 anywhere. My puchase says it went through on 23/2 but no money has gone from my Sony wallet nor my bank account. If you bought the full thing, do you not get it episodically, or do you get it when the entire thing is out? Anyone know?

Edit: Fuck's sake. I had a new debit card recently and my old one expired and I forgot to change it on the Sony Website. So instead of letting me know on the 23rd when they tried to take money for this, they just cancelled the order and there now seems to be no way to buy the full game on PS4 as every option to do this is gone. Goddamn it!

Edit 2: Oh, no I've found it. Right at the bottom of all the DLC, RE:R2 complete season for £19.99. Not under Full Game as you might have thought which is right at the top of the selections.

Sony!!!!

KGJI1.png

Yeah I'm enjoying this as well - I think it'll be more fun co-op if I can coerce the Mrs into playing it it's a bit of a pain switching between the characters when playing yourself. Good idea going with the episodic structure too this seems like a great fit for it.

Yeah I'm enjoying this as well - I think it'll be more fun co-op if I can coerce the Mrs into playing it it's a bit of a pain switching between the characters when playing yourself. Good idea going with the episodic structure too this seems like a great fit for it.

Can't help feeling the co-op is a little bit of a hard sell on this one.

"Want to play Resi co-op?"

"Yeah, cool"

"Ok. Do you want to be the little girl in a dress or the teenager with a flashlight?"

"......"

This is kind of shit, but I like it anyway. If Resident Evil is the equivalent of a blockbuster movie series then this is the low-budget straight-to-video spin-off. It looks like a mediocre PS3 game, the cut-scenes are excruciating and the dialogue is terrible, but I can't help but enjoy it for some odd reason. And Raid mode should be worth the price of admission if it's as good as the first game's version.

Liked what I played of this. Changing the reticule to a resi 4 style laser sight helped my aiming :)

Which option setting was this in? That standard reticule really bugged me but I couldn't see the option to change it. I played up until the end of the prison escape in the dark last night and I thought it had a great spooky atmosphere which is something you couldn't really say about RE in a long time. I really like some of the dialog too.

Change the reticule to laser in options>display>display info.

Which makes no sense at all.

And why when I'm running for my life do I have to try and shepherd a crap AI? And why when I walk through a door do the zombies chasing me disappear EVEN WHEN THE DOOR IS OPEN?

I know I'll end up enjoying this, but they don't make it easy.

"I don't do guns." said the girl who's had her neck repeatedly bitten into by monsters. "I'll go on flashlight duty." WTF?!

This is the first time I wish I had a camera set up so I could do a play through video. There are so many WTF moments, almost all of them game-design related.

Online co-op saved Resi 5 for me, even playing with randoms was really well implemented with the AI kicking in for a bit if they buggered off and someone new joined in. No online co-op is just insane in a game which forces you to use teamwork.

Just downloaded this and sat through the intro. It must have taken a long time to come up with a concept and animations which make the Dreamcast's Code Veronica intro look like it was made ten years after this rather than fifteen years before.

Oh man, I love that intro. I remember buying a Dreamcast with this game, I played it for months on end and often when booting it up I'd just sit and watch the intro first to get in the mood :wub:.

ok, now I'm at a bit where a character has to unbar a door with a crowbar. It's basically a defend your partner bit. When you get here the monsters which were just unlocked actually teleport to your location. As you can't instruct your partner to unlock the door you must take control of her and as it'll take you a while to do it you must then switch back to Claire to defend your defenceless partner.

What you're doing, and this keeps happening, isn't actually anything to do with skill, you just have to evade, get lucky or kill time until you trigger the next room or cutscene. The switching between characters is unreliable as well, sometimes not working at all as you mash the button until it does.

Torch girl's actually quite powerful. Her health automatically regenerates and her finishing move's pretty strong.

Think I'll start again on Normal just to start getting stuff unlocked. One thing about digital downloads, you tend to give them more of a go than the disc. If Id got the disc it'd be getting traded in right about now. As it is, I'm lumbered.

I assume you're

rotating and igniting the flamethrower statue in the centre of the room? Once you've done that switch to Moira, press A on the door (she'll continue to crowbar automatically until its finished or she gets hit), switch back to Claire and deal with any stragglers that made it through the flames. You'll have to switch back to Moira for the second door wedge. Its finicky but actually very easy once you know the correct sequence and don't flounder your button presses under pressure. ;)

Just downloaded this and sat through the intro. It must have taken a long time to come up with a concept and animations which make the Dreamcast's Code Veronica intro look like it was made ten years after this rather than fifteen years before.

http://youtu.be/w4C95mvMVLI

But the into is almost a direct homage to the CV into. The helicopter at the window, the close up of the guns, waking up in the prison...