rllmuk
Bleeders

Everybody's Golf - Sign up in the first post.

That formula is quite interesting for distance, I might try that but the bit about aim was more or less 'play it a lot and git gud'.

I do hope they keep the tournaments going though, my mates and I fucked the final and only finished on even and had been doing -6 pretty regularly on practice runs :(

Seems no one else is posting in here...

There's a final fantasy tournament on at the moment and you can buy a chocobo as a golf cart (although only for real money so I'm not going to bother).

Doing a bit more practice until we enter though but my mates and I can consistently get -15 as an average, so hopefully we should do alright.

I'm mainly resurrecting this just for a gloat though, got my first official albatross and my long chip in record is now 150+.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting back into this, but Persona 5 is eating my life at the moment. Still not opened all of the courses but working through it now to make sure I can take part in the Muk tournaments, need to get my second round in for the current one. I'm still rubbish, but find it a very relaxing game to play

I took part in the Final Fantasy tournament but didn’t realise I should have practised first. I went in cold, started a really decent run. I was on -5 after the first 3 holes but a couple of pars and bogeys screwed me over. Finished on -7 which is nowhere; you need -10 to get the gem bonus. Thankfully those aren’t essential!

Also picked up a new set of clubs, I’m on the platinum trophy hunt so playing to unlock the gallery has given me loads of gems to spend. Gunna rank it up to MAX Control stat if possible. 

Despite it being a not very good mini game, you can occasionally get 5 gem bonuses while fishing.

I've finished the gallery myself so can't get any more that way but I've got a second set of custom clubs mainly from just running around the online courses and collecting them.

I do like that the tournaments force the standard clubs though but that makes some of the scores even more bonkers.

Managed to bodge my tournament effort and finished on -5 with two double bogeys, on holes 9 and 18. 

My pathetic try on the 18th began with a dreadful 2nd shot, sent the ball flying left instead of right by mistake and hit a rock.  Ball rebounded straight into a bunker.  Then I somehow selected the PUTTER to get out of the bunker and barely rolled the ball back onto the fairway. :lol:  Just awful. 

I hope I don't qualify for the next tournament stage because I really do not deserve it after that! 

5 hours ago, b00dles said:

Are we having any rllmuk tournaments soon?

What do you mean by tournaments?

We do weekly rounds and a monthly play-off, check the thread in “online” (or my signature) to take part, though I’m happy to take suggestions if you fancy something different. 

Howdy folks, just to let you know that the Nam Rong Bay DLC course is half price down to £2.49 at the moment. I imagine the other DLC courses are too?

I've picked it up and will be posting a few scores on it anyway.

This game has put me off EG, seemingly Sony can tell and are trying to lure me back with tacky DLC.

5aa942c4f3da2_Screenshot_20180314-15401001.thumb.png.503427c502d1ef4e8e1bdb6e8e9c061b.png

I'm sure everyone got this email but if not, the code to download it is 845A-92NK-JPXL. Don't all rush at once! 

5 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

This game has put me off EG, seemingly Sony can tell and are trying to lure me back with tacky DLC.

5aa942c4f3da2_Screenshot_20180314-15401001.thumb.png.503427c502d1ef4e8e1bdb6e8e9c061b.png

I'm sure everyone got this email but if not, the code to download it is 845A-92NK-JPXL. Don't all rush at once! 

Redeemed! Cheers much buddy. 

Bought this game in the PSN Sale last week. Having a lot of fun. Currently Rank 2. I don’t understand all the mechanics yet but I do feel I am slowly getting better. Got my first Eagle yesterday!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aurelius said:

Bought this game in the PSN Sale last week. Having a lot of fun. Currently Rank 2. I don’t understand all the mechanics yet but I do feel I am slowly getting better. Got my first Eagle yesterday!  

Welcome buddy!

Drop me a line on PSN (same as MUk tag) if you fancy some games, though there's plenty of YouTube videos discussing the mechanics in great length too.

Howdy folks, just a quick question...

Does anybody fancy picking up The Golf Club 2?

It doesn't seem to be as strong, mechanically, as Everybody's Golf but the latest version gets rated just as highly.

If it comes down to around the £12 mark, I'll likely pick it up - even just for the customisation options alone.

finally got a copy of this. The golf is as lovely as ever but I'm not liking the conversations / faff / load times in between much. 

Back Door

fnar!

Just picked this up last night after quite a long hiatus off of gaming in general.  This was my favourite series on PS3 / Vita and I spent countless hours online there, so I'm quite familiar with the mechanics.  

I am assuming I need to spend quite a bit of time on single player to upgrade my player, balls and clubs though before even attempting online, correct?

Also, which of the DLC courses is worth getting?

4 hours ago, Omizzay said:

My second proper session with this game and I end up getting this!!!  Is this relatively standard for Tornado Cups?

EG.thumb.jpg.499b0569d801d2696ed1a96c9d373700.jpg

Yeah, for Tornado cups it's extremely difficult to go over par, even if you're mediocre. For the competitive stuff, we rank players based on 'official' rounds which means standard rules basically. It's easier and quicker to progress if you keep doing Tornado holes though. 

As for your other query, I've got all the DLC so far and to be honest, none are particularly essential - they just allow more variety. It takes about 18-20 hours to unlock all the courses, which is a bit grindy, but you can pop online anytime. It's not that great though on the open courses, they missed a trick with not allowing private sessions for friends on that. The events are good but really hardcore, otherwise we have the forum tour which you can access in my signature or via the Online thread. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/06/2018 at 16:30, smithstock said:

Yeah, for Tornado cups it's extremely difficult to go over par, even if you're mediocre. For the competitive stuff, we rank players based on 'official' rounds which means standard rules basically. It's easier and quicker to progress if you keep doing Tornado holes though. 

As for your other query, I've got all the DLC so far and to be honest, none are particularly essential - they just allow more variety. It takes about 18-20 hours to unlock all the courses, which is a bit grindy, but you can pop online anytime. It's not that great though on the open courses, they missed a trick with not allowing private sessions for friends on that. The events are good but really hardcore, otherwise we have the forum tour which you can access in my signature or via the Online thread. 

Gonna spend a few more sessions unlocking the courses and then I'll jump on the rllmuk tour online with you guys.

Loving it so far though.

I just got this from PSN as it was a tenner. I know nothing about golf and have never played a golf game.

I have the following questions:

What are: Auto Impact, RNG, Mirror and RGA?
What do the different balls do?
How come sometimes the game just putts the ball into the hole for me?