rllmuk

Everybody's Golf - Sign up in the first post.

7 hours ago, smithstock said:

Not bad going that, getting an Eagle on Vortex Valley for one of your first attempts is pretty good going. 

I’ve just maxed out my custom club’s power and have lucked out; I managed to get to level 25 from 10 upgrades for a 380yd 1W. My drive is so long, the game auto switches me to 3W for driving on everything except Par 5s, that in itself has a longer range than a Grade 1 Power Club 1W. The upgrade guy just mentioned about the other secret shop though so I’ll take a look at that next time I’m on.

Do you buy custom clubs in the shop, I don't see any?

They need repairing every 180 holes. No need to buy individual clubs, you get the entire set!

It costs 110 gems to fully upgrade a club and 50 gems to buy another set. That’s almost two weeks worth of Open Course collecting if you hit every course for the gems every day. 

finally put my score in for the tournament. hope i did it right.

tried three times this morning, and each round got worse. so i'll leave it now on -7.

it really should be -10 minimum though, but i cant be bothered to keep trying. i left it too late.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, spanx said:

So I've finally got to Rank 7...  how does this custom club malarkey work then. I only have a handful of gems. How do you find lots of them??

Just go round each nine hole online and you should fine two gems on each, also submitting a score when the lucky chance is open and you might get some at the end. Me and smithy worked it out you could get a minimum of 14 just by whizzing around each 9 hole course but you might get 2 or 3 gems when u pick a gem up so it could be a lot more

Go to Online Open Course and choose any course. Then find the hole where collectibles are scattered (one hole per course, it changes daily). Then find the gems, you always get 1 per hole but sometimes you can collect 2 or 3. 

Every time you get 10, you can afford an upgrade with the van guy in the Home Area. In turn, he levels up your club one or more times with each upgrade. 

I bought this yesterday and it's a lovely compliment to destiny 2's infuriating loot grind. 

I'm crap at it, though. I went into three rounds of sudden death with the first versus opponent, the girl band girl Tomoni or whatever she's called. I think, by the end, the computer was taking pity on me, when she almost deliberately fluffed her final two shots. 

• Upvote 1

The VS battles can be a bit of a lottery. The AI is generally pretty average, but you get quirks where they seem to hole everything or punish every mistake. Was a relief last night after a few back-and-forth matches to finally get a character intent on hitting multiple shots into the sea.

• Upvote 1

Never really. There seem to be millions of Japanese players constantly posting impossible scores, presumably because they spend all their time (or money) grinding the custom clubs. I pop in to post the odd score to get the daily rewards and collect a few gems, but you can't really properly compete.

If you haven't already, get involved with @smithstock's various RLLMUK tournaments/ladders instead (check the Online sub-forum).

• Upvote 2

Finally played a few more 18 hole rounds today, I've updated the ladder.

I had the worst luck with my custom clubs. The opposite of yours @smithstock , six +1 level upgrades and four +2 level upgrades of the ten. And then my bonus upgrade was only a +1 as well. So only +15 from a possible 44! If I understand it correctly. Oh well.

I've only just seen the online tournaments, so will try and join in the next one.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, smithstock said:

@tyler just posted lower than -20 on almost every course...

giphy.gif

As for online tournaments, yeah get yourself involved bud. I’ve got some ideas for adjustments but I’ll let this one play itself out first. 

Ban @tyler?

:P

• Upvote 2

Hoggy be losing his hole records like...

tenor.gif

Generally speaking, on the harder courses, I tend to play conservatively. Tyler's scores are ridiculous and he probably has some better advice than this but he's also a veteran at the game too so don't be pressured into aiming to take down his low scores initially!

Personally, I recommend you knock down the clubs to use Irons instead of Woods; they give more precision and accuracy. You'll be surprised that offsetting the lack of distance will be more than compensated in your strokes. You may not get eagles, at least initially, but you'll definitely get pars and birdies for an overall minus score. In addition, your timing tolerance on the power bar will be increased because shorter distance = easier impact. I also recommend getting your furthest Iron (3I I think) upgraded as soon as possible so too the SW and AW - along with the 1W, this is the core set of clubs required to compete at the upper reaches.

I hope that helps bud, I've dropped you an add on PSN if you fancy a few rounds.

• Upvote 2

I have played a hell of a lot of World Tour on the PS3 and then this year I played a lot of World Invitational on PS3 too. Had to learn the new standard controls with this one, coming from using advanced shot on those versions but I think the classic slider bar makes it easier.

Those scores are beatable, definitely. My Imperial Garden score has a double or triple bogey in that round! Same for Vortex I think. It's having the consistency to pull it all together in one round. Eventually someone will post a -30.

Learning the putting is key to consistency, you need to be confident in the longer putts to account for the RNG.

Oo04a.gif

• Upvote 3