rllmuk

Everybody's Golf - Sign up in the first post.

42 minutes ago, ryanski said:

The control sway is starting to wind me up a bit now. Even with a club with high control stats it can go completely off in one direction with perfect impact. I don't understand the logic of putting this in the game. 

I'm assuming you are taking into account any slope that you happen to be on? Cos that will affect the direction .

Yeah but it doesn't make that meter in the bottom left go haywire to one side or other if you're on a slope. Played plenty of previous versions and I can't help but feel that in the latter trickier courses adding this random factor when the margins are so fine is going to be a major annoyance unless they tone it down a bit. 

Yeah, I had a round this morning where despite a good number of perfect impacts, the shots were going haywire. I think they just need to patch it so the sway isn't 'as much' when hitting perfect. I don't mind a little each way, but it can be ridiculous at times. 

I went back to the vita game that I love and I think this has much better courses and in game has a nicer look, I can’t do advanced shot mode any more because of this game tho :blink:

It’s not going to be my GOTY but my god it’s a great game and in many other years would easily have taken that accolade! 

I had thought that levelling up distance on the clubs makes a noticeable difference, but I discovered I had somehow accidentally selected the Novice ball and now suddenly am finding that having to struggle through early on is actually paying dividends, because I'm now hitting everything so much further. Whoever decided that Cindy had to be played with Auto Impact on needs their dick kicked, however, I literally only got a Perfect Impact on a 2-foot putt that was never going to miss regardless, and as soon as I was a hole up I got well wide in the red.

How do I know if I've found the Course Bonus? Does the icon change, or does it make itself known clearly? Some of this game is a little obtuse, which is to be expected with Japanese UI design.

who thought quizzes would be a good idea in this ?

it reminds me of compulsory work training packages on drivel I don't care about and don't need to do my job, where I zap thru all the text and just wing thru the answers until I get enough to pass.

• Upvote 3

The Asian players are, as usual, complete and utter savages. The leading score on today's Eagle City Out is -19. That's 8 eagles and an albatross, which is more or less perfection. The tornado holes help, the rain doesn't.

I made 79th with -14. Those statues are long gone!

Tomorrow morning I’ll post up details of how I propose to do weekly/fortnightly/monthly tournaments. If there’s anyone willing to be my wingman, feel free to get in touch. I don’t think we’ll start kicking things off until mid-September and I’ll post up a quick survey before then. I might make a separate Clubhouse thread in Online too. 

In the meantime, if everyone could please post (or continue to update) whatever scores they have on official 18 holes to the spreadsheet it will help to refine the handicaps which will be taken into account to level the playing field. 

Driver is risky in my opinion, you’re reliant on a good lie and having a good run to the hole, I tend to put backspin on if I use it. In addition, I’ve got my 3I upgraded so much it has a longer range than my 5W. Irons and a conservative approach are absolutely essential on the later courses. Woods are too risky for me. 

• Upvote 1

Couple of things really...

- Think of Wood as long distance, low accuracy but an Iron as short distance, high accuracy (relatively). Woods have a low flight trajectory (good for b-lining) whereas Irons have a high, looping trajectory (good for clearing obstacles). 

- It’s harder to improve control on Woods because you need to land close to the pin to improve that stat, which means the chance of something going wrong is higher. Control is the stat that affects Accuracy (where the ball lands) and what was previously known as Impact (the tolerance for the timing of input). 

- Because of the Control bar on the bottom left as Gotters keeps mentioning, this impacts Woods far more because over a longer distance, the degree to which it affects movement is magnified. 

- The later courses have crazy undulations or run offs which promotes caution rather than sheer power.

TL;DR - Concentrate on landing the ball accurately before progressing onto sheer power. 

Hopefully that helps in some way!

• Upvote 5
3 hours ago, smithstock said:

In the meantime, if everyone could please post (or continue to update) whatever scores they have on official 18 holes to the spreadsheet it will help to refine the handicaps which will be taken into account to level the playing field. 

Just added mine for Vortex Valley. But of all the times to have my first decent 18 holes there, I picked a teeny hole round to do it. 

DIzYej-XYAAMbP4.jpg

11 hours ago, DC LEMON said:

The Asian players are, as usual, complete and utter savages. The leading score on today's Eagle City Out is -19. That's 8 eagles and an albatross, which is more or less perfection. The tornado holes help, the rain doesn't.

I made 79th with -14. Those statues are long gone!

You can shoot those scores too if you reach the end game and have spare cash floating about. This game becomes micro-transaction city:

OZLPAvP.png

I know a couple who have got the custom clubs and they agree its absolutely ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to tell who has used what? So say for example we say "fuck the wider world, let's just do this on rllmuk" we can then say no custom clubs allowed for this tournament, etc?

Edit:

Also some updates on the custom clubs...

59ac751bb06a8_ScreenShot2017-09-03at22_32_59.thumb.png.67854c1c83f3a48e678752faceafe6dc.png

• Upvote 1

That all seems like a worrying twist to what has been an exceptional game so far. I noticed the club van pop up in the home area after the credits finished and I've also been wondering what S tickets are for and why they're for sale in the shop.

Jim Sterling will be like a pig in shit upon hearing this.

But yeah, if you can set up tournaments that negate them, all is not lost.