Everybody's Golf - Sign up in the first post.

Bleeders

Pre-ordered from Argos. On ordering it said 'your order will be delivered 30th August'. Just got a text (9pm on 30th August) "Good news, your order has been dispatched and will be delivered by Royal Mail."  Won't be doing that again.

Added to the spreadsheet. I'm still struggling to get into it. I don't like having the other characters on the course when I'm taking a shot and I don't think it looks as good as the PS3 games so far. I also miss the simplicity of one store for everything instead of what appears to be time limited items and more than one currency to buy things as well. I'm hoping it's just a slow start but for me this game gives the worst first impression out of all the EG games I've played since the PS2 version.

36 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

Added my name to the spreadsheet. Can we get online mukker tournaments going on this??

Of course, but let's give it a fortnight or so. At least then it gives people a chance to get used to the game, level up equipment and unlock new courses.

this brings to mind the original Halo dev quote about getting a few seconds of gameplay to feel right and then repeat it endlessly - the club contact and ball physics with the course are just so good, I very rarely skip a shot, always watch it full and after hitting the ball find myself tilting my head to try and see how its going, with great shots occasionally ending badly after the roll or vice versa. 

I think part of this simply comes down to the swing animation happening after you've done your 3 taps - you get to enjoy the swing after you've done your bit, it makes a difference.

it is harsh though when you make an absolutely perfect contact on a par 3 tee shot but the contact spot on the club goes out to one side randomly, turning what was your pin exocet into a bunker or fringe shot.

On 2017-8-29 at 23:22, Shimmyhill said:

I’ve started hitting my stride with this, is it wrong that this is likely the game I will buy a pro for!? That 60fps option box is teasing me...

I turned 60fps on after my first 9 holes and I massively improved. I am sure this is the answer!

I googled the spin and I discovered there are SUPER SPIN shots.

May be worth adding some info to the first post?

Example:

To get Super Backspin in Everybody’s Golf, you need to tap up on the d-pad when you set the power (second click) and then tap down on the d-pad when you set the impact (third click). You need to get perfect impact otherwise Super Backspin won’t work. Hit the pin while successfully executing Super Backspin and you’ll perform a Homing Shot.

For the other spin types, press in the other directions.

Full info

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/08/guide_how_to_play_like_a_pro_in_everybodys_golf_on_ps4

Only played 18 holes and a Vs match before heading off on holiday... but what a wonderful game. As @Gotters says, just feels right.

Liking the progression reward, e.g. power increase when getting perfect power, control increase for backspin.

Can't wait to get stuck in next week; feels like a game that will still be enjoyable as long as the PS4 lasts.

39 minutes ago, glb said:

feels like a game that will still be enjoyable as long as the PS4 lasts.

Utterly agreed. EG never really left my PS3 or Vita, and remained staples for literally years. I've never really gelled with other golf games (barring Leaderboard back in the 80s or Kirby's Dream Course, of course*), so when friends try to corral me into the Tiger Woods/Rory McIlroy affairs, I can only smile politely.

Just a had few rounds with a mate last night, and it really is nice to have an updated version for the big telly. Will it be worth getting the DLC courses early doors, so I'm not gated out of potential online fun? 

*Edit: actually I really liked Mario Golf 64, too. When I think about it, there's probably gonna be a whole rash of golfy games I've dug over the years. It's just Tiger Woods I had a problem with.

Edited by Big_H
amendment

Any way to increase the difficulty in offline tournaments and get more points? It seems silly to have to play about 20 piss easy rounds just to unlock a course.

Edit: found it, Square to 'toggle serious mode'. UI is so cluttered!

8 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Any way to increase the difficulty in offline tournaments and get more points? It seems silly to have to play about 20 piss easy rounds just to unlock a course.

I think the only option is using serious mode when selecting the round. You still need to play a couple rounds then beat a boss x3 I think.

Fishing mode unlocked :D

11 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Press SQUARE to go into serious mode. Offers more XP and coins.

I am really liking this, and its even stopped me from devoting time to watching the last episode of Game of Thrones so far, but my over riding feeling is that its not as good as the Ps3 version.  I mean they have been working on this for AGES and little daft touches like there being no bugs that land on your ball and stuff are really annoying me.  The gameplay is still great, but I do wonder what they have been doing?  

1 minute ago, Syntax said:

I am really liking this, and its even stopped me from devoting time to watching the last episode of Game of Thrones so far, but my over riding feeling is that its not as good as the Ps3 version.  I mean they have been working on this for AGES and little daft touches like there being no bugs that land on your ball and stuff are really annoying me.  The gameplay is still great, but I do wonder what they have been doing?  

You didn't play the Vita version? If not you missed out man. It's superb and utterly gorgeous too.

1 hour ago, KriessG said:

The Balata course is a fiver and only 9 holes, anyone picked it up yet, if so what's your impressions?

About as bland as a golf course can get, sadly. Almost a practice course. 

It's 18 holes, though. Or at least I think so. It's difficult to tell some of the holes apart. Very straight, little in the way of obstacles and beginner's greens.

I doubt it will get much if any action in online tournaments. There's little point in playing it over Eagle City.

In other news, I was demoted from level 14 to 13 after winning Platinum Championship No. 2 in Rank 6 with serious mode turned on. What does the game expect from me?