rllmuk
Bazjam

Gomorrah (TV series)

This is four episodes in on Sky Atlantic yet no one seems to be talking about it, and I can't understand why because it's utterly fantastic. I started watching it with pretty low expectations as I wasn't a big fan of the film but it's fast becoming my favourite show on the telly at the moment.

Anyone else watching it?

Do, you won't regret it. The film did nothing for me. The series though moves at a cracking pace. The first episode is a great introduction to the world, and it just gets better and better. Keep waiting for the quality to drop but it just dosn't.

I thought the film was excellent (I will never forget the ending). I hope the series takes the same honest, realistic approach as the film then this certainly will be a must-see.

What's it about?

It's an Italian mafia drama. Has quite a Sopranos vibe, though more action packed (so far).

I thought the film was excellent (I will never forget the ending). I hope the series takes the same honest, realistic approach as the film then this certainly will be a must-see.

Need to give it a second viewing. Can't remember too much about it.

Well that was as good a TV series as I've seen in many a year, fantastic show. Up until the last scene I genuinely had no idea who was going to come out on top. Going to be a long wait for season two.

I agree, its the best I have seen since Breaking Bad, and am surprised this hasn't had a bigger following (maybe it will be a sleeper hit).

For me, one of its biggest strengths is the casting, I cannot think of a single weak actor amongst them. The guy playing Genny was a standout.

Cannot wait for series 2.

Yeah, he was great. Totally believed his transformation. The characters were so compelling that despite them all being utter arseholes, you still kind of rooted for them.

There's some word on casting if you Google it, but it all seems to be on Italian sites (e.g. http://it.blastingnews.com/tv-gossip/2014/10/anticipazioni-gomorra-la-serie-news-sulla-seconda-stagione-tra-smentite-e-conferme-00142819.html). I suspect it won't be until late next year at the earliest.

This is what Google Translate has to say...

Advances Gomorrah Series : news on the second season , including denials and confirmations
14/10/2014 - Daniel Magliuolo Follow Advances Gomorrah , the situation on the second season of the series.

Advances Gomorrah , news on the second season Advances Gomorrah , news on the second season

New appointment with the advances of Gomorrah Series . The second season is currently still far away , but it's not a mirage , given that continue to occur the news about the next episodes . The rumors confirmed , at least for the moment, that the episodes of the upcoming season will be 12 , while remaining great mysteries about the cast and the plot . As for the short chapter on the news , let's say yesterday was staged last film screening of the first season at the Duel of Caserta. Guest room in the actor Fabio De Caro, the Malammore the show. Apparently, De Caro has been particularly good at creating the expectation of the event with a post on Facebook in which he announced that in the hall, after the screening of the last 3 episodes of the first season , he told an anecdote concerning the final shots . The highlight covers the footprint of the famous scene dell''evasione Savastano . What will state this particular told by De Caro ? Another important news is that concerning the premium received from Marco D' Amore ( Ciro 's immortal ) always a chance of Caserta in Campania Fiction Film in 2014.

Let us now turn to the advances of the second season of Gomorrah . Let's start first from the longstanding question of the script. The authors have almost completed the draft of the script , but there are still many doubts about airing since shooting is expected to be still far away. This is demonstrated by the fact that at the time the specimens are still top secret. Just about auditions and casting , Salvatore Esposito has confirmed that have not yet begun . In recent days, had bounced the news that one of the places in which they would have done the casting for the second season of Gomorrah would have been the Space Theatre of San Giorgio a Cremano . It came , however, the denial by the parties directly concerned, which say they are absolutely unrelated to the news. As for the presence of Esposito ( Genny ) , advances suggest that there is certainly a confirmation of his character , given also its participation on social networking sites for any news regarding the series . We look forward , therefore, new advances and news regarding Gomorrah Series 2, the masterpiece of Sky that brought the made ​​in Italy in the world with great success.

I concur, I think it's a shame that (largely I think due to the language/subtitles) this hasn't managed to break out beyond a core viewership in the UK as it's such great TV.

This deserves way more love and attention than it's getting. Only two episodes into the second season so far - that's one hell of a father-son relationship - but it remains utterly absorbing, despite being so relentlessly bleak.

Anyone else look forward to the end of every single episode, just for that tune to kick in?

• Upvote 1

Love the way the music kicks in at the end of each episode giving you just quick flashes of what's coming next week. Always find myself singing along with the "uh, uh" bit.

Really hope we get a season three.

19 hours ago, Bazjam said:

Really hope we get a season three

I'm sure I read somewhere that season 3 is coming. It has to really, one of those two HAS to kill the other. I know who my money is on.