IGNORED

Ashens and the quest for the gamechild

Dimahoo

Yeah I saw it popping up on torrents etc. I heard he had his own movie when i was reading some comments on youtube about the AVGN trailer. The ashens movie is last year isn't it? Bit strange it's just popping up now.

I'm not a huge ashens fan, watched several of his pound shop videos a while back and they were pretty fun. I'll probably give the film a go though as I had heard it was pretty good.

I think he put it on YouTube himself a few months ago, but has recently gone into overdrive to sell the DVD.

It's okayish, but doesn't really raise a smile. It has that underachieving style of British humour, like: "We're cheesy, unfunny and we know we're crap, and that's why it's funny. Irony!" It works great when he's reviewing tat on his sofa, but when he makes a scripted, acted performance it's just uncomfortably unfunny.

The AVGN movie will be balls too... but at least it'll have some energy.

He's got something sponsored by Dr Pepper on his channel now, another scripted performance piece which is even more excruciatingly lame and unfunny than the film. I like his sofa reviews for the most part, but he's getting way too big for his boots. I mean, I half expect to see unironic Ashens merchandise and t-shirts in Forbidden Planet whenever I visit it these days.

I like the sofa reviews he does and the retro video game reviews/look backs. Never bothered watching his film because his acting is quite cringeworthy from the clips I saw of it. Saw the start of his current scripted series he has on his channel (something about his sofa being stolen) but couldn't stand it.

Yeah, I just ignored that latest scripted thing and only watched about ten minutes of the film.

I love Ashens though! His sofa reviews are the best thing on YouTube. Only discovered him last year so I'm still working my way through them all. Not interested in the scripted stuff though.

Aye, I've only been watching his videos for about the last year, really enjoyable but he needs to cut out the scripted stuff and upload more of the review videos on a more frequent basis - I've worked through most of his older videos.

I really wanted to enjoy Ashens' film, but it left me feeling underwhelmed. It features various Youtube "celebrities" I didn't recognise. It pains me to say it was unfunny, and I had to use all my strength to keep watching and not go and do something else.

The Dr Pepper thing was so cringeworthy I only managed about 10 minutes.

Absolutely love his sofa stuff. Been watching his videos since the original Popstation one in 2006. Took him a while to find his stride but his reviews are very entertaining.

He's got something sponsored by Dr Pepper on his channel now, another scripted performance piece which is even more excruciatingly lame and unfunny than the film. I like his sofa reviews for the most part, but he's getting way too big for his boots. I mean, I half expect to see unironic Ashens merchandise and t-shirts in Forbidden Planet whenever I visit it these days.

il_570xN.597011050_9xs1.jpg

Had no idea who this was until I checked and remembered I saw his Popstation and some Poundland food reviews a few years ago, surprised he's still going.

But yes, checked out that sofa video and ehhhhh...no. He's probably tired of reviewing crap and wants to branch out, which is understandable, so I feel a bit bad that his alternative stuff is so unamusing.