GEOMETRY WARS 3! Ex Bizzare staff Lucid Games on dev.

Just purchased this to play this evening.

There seems to be very little talk about it. How are people feeling it compares to GW2? It looks a lot more complex which sounds dangerous but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Feels great to play in 5 mins I had it, feels like GW basically

My skills are out though... The first two levels is it a question of upgrading your ship and coming back or efficient geom farming that gets 3 stars? I am struggling at about 3-400k on level 1 :-/

Fuck me this game is really really good.

Basically the 'classic' modes are all there with nobs on so if you want to play GW2 and its variants you can.

However you also now have online modes and the progression mode which is a bit like an ongoing series of score challenges (with slightly annoying though understandable 3 star iPhone style ratings) for each level.

But from the hour I have played so far it feels like GW2 if you want it to and it does loads more stuff as well if you want it to. Looks gorgeous as well of course. It just seems like there is hardly anybody playing it. Even with a shit early run on some of the modes its telling me there are only a few thousand on the leaderboards. I'm really hoping its a grower.

Edit: I'm on Xbone so add me if you are playing for high score fucking.

Does this have shared leaderboards, per manufacturer at least? Having it released on 5 different machines probably isn't helping leaderboard population much. Plus it's more expensive and randomly priced than it's ever been.

It's a good point. I have no solid idea if leaderboards are shared however I very much doubt they are not.

All I know on Xbone is I was getting pretty shit scores on some modes and was getting placed under 5000 globally.

I think also GW2 was so popular because of the greatness of GW1 and GW1's popularity was because a) It was brilliant b) It was at the launch of the Arcade game concept and c) It came out when the 360 was sparsely populated with games which made it an instabuy much loved title.

GW3 is beautiful and fun but people will mark it down because it has developed its modes and it will get lost in the pre christmas rush.

Not that I'm disappointed with this, I think Resogun is light years ahead.

The camera work is really jarring, there is a lack of focus on the danger and sudden jolts when you hit certain locational thresholds. Then there is the audio feedback; there's a distinct lack of information for when enemies spawn, multipliers are reached or power ups are available.

I'm still enjoying it but it's not worth the lofty price tag.

Is £14 a loftily price tag these days?

It's clearly had a lot of work put into it. I know what you mean about the audio cues. They don't seem quite right.

What I know is that it's sucking my life away from me again. Put it in for a quick go 2 hours ago and I'm still going. :)

Not that I'm disappointed with this, I think Resogun is light years ahead.

The camera work is really jarring, there is a lack of focus on the danger and sudden jolts when you hit certain locational thresholds. Then there is the audio feedback; there's a distinct lack of information for when enemies spawn, multipliers are reached or power ups are available.

I'm still enjoying it but it's not worth the lofty price tag.

Resogun is great and my most played ps4 title by miles but I think this is a much purer score attack game. I wouldn't want to play on a ds4 those stick-tops have no grip.

Depends on the game. I think for a lot of people, however good GW:RE2 was, this new game is still "just Geometry Wars." When GW:RE2 is a £6.75 game, paying over double for this feels steep, even if it's not.

With a steam sale on it also suffers a bit at the moment too.

They should have released this in january.

With a steam sale on it also suffers a bit at the moment too.

They should have released this in january.

Exactly what I was thinking on the Jan thing.

Hopefully they'll publicise it a bit then when the schedules are quiet. What you have to bear in mind too I think is that GW is not that big outside of the hardcore.

This is good though - lots of modes, and it's nice to have it back after I sold my 360 years ago.

Add me on PS4 if you are playing it (PSN is boxoctosis)

It could do with a skip button past the bit at the end of each game where it ticks through all your friends scores though.

So. Basic tactics?

It's been years since I've played GW2 and the big problem I am having is managing the screen when it all goes mental. Say on a mode like Evolved Classic. Where should I be on the screen? What should I be doing? I get the 'don't stop moving' thing but it just seems that when the screen starts filling up I'm dead dead dead dead and thats game over. How on earth do you manage when you have a screen filled with enemies?

This is good though - lots of modes, and it's nice to have it back after I sold my 360 years ago.

Add me on PS4 if you are playing it (PSN is boxoctosis)

It could do with a skip button past the bit at the end of each game where it ticks through all your friends scores though.

:D

15290183884_4abdcd59e3.jpg2014-11-30_10-50-49 by Gyratory, on Flickr

I'm bordersprites, add-me-do. The PS4 leaderboards are pretty sparse :(