N-gage: Its Actually Quite Good

sega_kid

The N-Gage requires a headphone adaptor. :(

So it's basically got as much wrong with it as the GBA SP does, plus the troublesomeness of the exposed portrait screen and poor button layout. Of course, you can buy a memory card and play MP3s on the thing, and you can play the radio through it, which I'd say balances it out.

So it's really all down to the games selections.

yeh ive tried mame on my n-gage it runs the smaller games well like 1942, qbert, etc. ive read it supports about 1200 mame roms but some run very slowly at present although new updates are continuing to be released, so hopefully it will run the bigger games soon.

btw the n-gage doesnt need an adaptor for headphones? :(

sega kid just one mure question, i've only played tomb raider on the n-gage so far so what are the other games like? virtua tennis was a great game on the DC whats it like on the n-gage?

thanks

oh also what do you get in the box? do you get a mem card if so how big?

yep v.tennis is a gba port, tony hawks is very good- its basically the psx game, much better than any of the gba versions, sonicn is a gba port, pandemonium is another psx game- but it does look impressive graphics wise, monkey ball is a gba port, but i think theyve added another mini game(?) havent had a chance to play any others yet-

ok in the box was a usb cable to link it to a pc, headphones, a cd with software(bluetooth only) orange sim card, 32meg card(it has nokia game on it, but u can delete it) and 2 other cables which i dunno what they do. its dead easy to transfer stuff to the n-gage, u just connect via usb and ur pc recognises it as a extra hard drive(as long as u have a mem card in it) and just drag and drop wot u want into it. theres plenty of software on the net that will convert any movie files to .rm so they are playable on n-gage too.